It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Night in Sweden - Trump latest victim of the mandela effect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Everything else he says is 100% spot on so to have this gaffé is very strange, no? Occam's razor says that we're looking at a very high-profile incident of the Mandela effect.

Is there anyone else on here who also experienced this effect regarding an incident in Sweden that night? Maybe we can get someone to corroborate and give more details about what happened.

The rabbit hole goes deep, folks...

edit on 2/20/2017 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- ALL CAPS TITLE...don't do it.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
In light of some of the crap that's been posted today, this was a welcome change.

Thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Look I understand this is skunk works but if your perspective is that you have to suggest that existence has literally changed in order for you to believe your president can never tell a lie, you've got to reevaluate.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Point to where I said he is incapable of lying? I merely pointed out that he has not, yet. Breaking that trend to lie about something easily falsifiable makes no sense. Troll harder mate.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Trump's whole Presidency is a Mandela Effect.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 22theworld

Oh, you're serious.

Okay, well Occam's razor says that human memory is fallible and infinitely more plausible than hopping between alternate realities a la Mandela effect so....

No.
edit on 20-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: fixed it for the sensitive one

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Occam's Razor says that the simplest answer is usually the best.

In your opinion, the simplest answer isn't that he was "making it up as he went along", but that a timeslip occurred for only him and that he is actually from an alternate dimension where a terrorist attack occurred in Sweden?

In the words of Hubert J. Farnsworth: "I don't want to live on this planet anymore."

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 22theworld

Point to where I said he is incapable of lying? I merely pointed out that he has not, yet. Breaking that trend to lie about something easily falsifiable makes no sense. Troll harder mate.

If you count being ignorant not being a liar, this is true.

www.youtube.com...

"I was given that information."

I can't wait to hear that gem again.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Occam's razor says that we're looking at a very high-profile incident of the Mandela effect.

I very much doubt Occam's Razor would immediately say it is the Mandela effect.

Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case, the simpler one is usually better. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is.

edit on 20-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: THE MANDELA EFFECT CHANGED MY POST!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Point to where I said he is incapable of lying? I merely pointed out that he has not, yet.

Oh?

80. Feb. 16, 2017 — White House press conference

The claim: “I guess it was the biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan.”

In fact: George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama all earned bigger margins in the electoral college than Trump did.

Trump’s words: Trump told a group of US sheriffs that the murder rate in the US was the highest it’s been in “45 to 47 years.”

The truth: The US murder rate is at close to an all-time low, and law enforcement experts say Trump’s claim is so far away from the facts that it’s ludicrous. Based on FBI statistics, the murder rate was 5.0 homicides per 100,000 people in 2015, down from a peak in 1980 of 10.2 per 100,000 people. The highest number of total homicides was in 1991, when 24,703 were killed. Though several US cities have seen the number of murders rise from 2015 to 2016, the overall number is still dramatically lower than what it was in the 1980s and 1990s.

But I don't want to spend all day doing this so I'll leave you with just the two.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
How many assumptions does any version of the Mandela Effect require to be real?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
How many assumptions does any version of the Mandela Effect require to be real?

All of them. All the assumptions ever.

EVER.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Oh, you're serious.

Okay, well Occam's razor says that human memory is infallible and infinitely more plausible than hopping between alternate realities a la Mandela effect so....

No.

You mean "fallible", and yes, you are correct. Human memory is 100% fallible, and I strongly believe a large number of Mandela effect cases are simple human error. However, when you have an incident where multiple people report the exact same memory distortion that cannot be plausibly pinned upon memetic mutation or mistaken memories, you get a mystery that is worth exploring. This is not a "stein" vs "stain" level memory fart. This is not a "duh, wasn't South Korea a lil' lower 'afore?" flub-dub. This is fall of communism resulting from Tiananmen square's tank man getting ground up into a fine paste. This is the trope-namer, Mandela effect prime, in all of its glory.

But nope, nothing to see here, I guess. Just move along. Don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain preparing your vaccines.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yes, fallible. Thanks for the correction, I edited my post for you.

According to the person that created the meme of Mandela effect, false memories and the Mandela effect are not one in the same. She specifically says that when talking about the Mandela effect she is not talking about false memories. So...the rant about "most Mandela effect cases are simple human error" is self defeating, because simple human error is specifically not the Mandela effect.

The only thing to see here is just how far Trumpettes will go to explain things away for him.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wouldn't Occam's razor more likely go with the possibility that Trump has very selective memory and that what ever he perceives is always true to him despite facts that speak otherwise?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Everything else he says is 100% spot on...

Are you serious? What he says is 'spot on'?? I think it's you suffering from the Mandela Effect of worse. How about his repeated claim that his Electoral college victory was historic. It was 13th to last. Or people came out to vote 'like they've never seen' when, in fact, voter turnout was closer to the bottom than the top. Or his repeated misrepresentation of terror attacks. Or crime statistics... Trump wouldn't be able to tell fact from fiction if it crawled up his back door and did the tango. Holy crap. Wake up for the love of God!

edit on 20-2-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Yes, fallible. Thanks for the correction, I edited my post for you.

According to the person that created the meme of Mandela effect, false memories and the Mandela effect are not one in the same. She specifically says that when talking about the Mandela effect she is not talking about false memories. So...the rant about "most Mandela effect cases are simple human error" is self defeating, because simple human error is specifically not the Mandela effect.

The only thing to see here is just how far Trumpettes will go to explain things away for him.

There is nothing self-defeating in saying "90% of alleged Mandela effect cases are not actually the Mandela effect", especially when 90% of the users on this site who think they are above misremembering will instantly label one as the other. Perhaps I should have catered my writing a step higher and specified "real" vs "fake" Mandela reports. Although then you would probably find something else to argue semantics about instead of addressing the content of my post and the evidence at hand. But I digress.

Rather than looking to dismiss "Trumpettes" as wackos who automatically think he can do no wrong, how about exercising that gray matter a little? Look at the evidence from more than one angle. Instead of pre-justifying your bias, take a critical look. Think for yourself. Or not. The MSM loves it when you just give up and let them do the thinking for you.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
*Selling Tickets Now!!* 1 Million Per Customer.

Are you a Liberal? Do you wish Hillary Won? Well she did! For the low low price of $999,999.99, here at CERN are proud to offer you the experience to travel to a separate Dimension, where everything is slightly different!

It might be a jarring experience at first, but with some time you will find our Separate but Equal Universe to be more stable and correct. Curious George has a tail, Forrest Gump grammatically understands idioms a little better, and you would agree Star Wars is a better movie with the reminiscent line at the Luke Scene: "Luke, I am your father"; James Earl Jones really nails the drama of it. We also have 5 bathrooms.(Try to ignore this actually..)

And that's not all! With our absolution correction technology we can eventually fix other problems and/or leaks we don't desire into our Matrix! Hitler will one day have never served in office, and spent the rest of his days delivering mail! The Tower of Pisa will be just that! Once our funding is complete, we will start to build third and fourth dimensions! Obviously some people will have wanted Hitler to win! Some want to see Trump revoke term limits! Ultimately we will adjust this for those that wish, and opposition will finally be permanently geographically addressed through dimensions with amazing futuristic technology. If the world blows up as result tho, (tm)not our fault. CERN- Because we do.
edit on 20-2-2017 by numb3rs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

don't any of you fact check the MSM? trump immediately responded to these allegations via Twitter with confirmation of what many suspected, that he was referring to the report on refugee violence in Sweden that had been on Fox news the night before,

and yet look how many of you carry on with this non story oblivious to that fact. THAT is an example of fake news

this non story is getting more attention then when Obama passed indefinite detention without charges or suspicion via executive order.
talk about double standards.

(post by 22theworld removed for political trolling and baiting)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join