It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students, staff celebrate after school drops Michelle O lunch rules

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Just say Liberal, we will know what you mean.

They DO understand. They're just eager to force students to starve so they can feel better about themselves. Patting themselves on the back for appearing to do something is more important than actually doing anything useful, consequences be damned.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

we should just feed the kids lard in a tub and brawndo. god forbid michelle obama tried to make cafeteria food healthier.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Tried is the key word.

If you do something as first lady, you by God make it work.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEuropefreshly made - but that proved difficult, as there are about 8 different religions in the kids numbers. (hindu, muslim, catholic, protestantic...)

Just out of interest, what foods do catholics eat that protestants can't eat? Or vice verse?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
back to unhealthy american eating habits, sounds about trump to me

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Doritos, really? Because the food reg at my local school took away the items to make a real taco and now serves "walking taco's" which is basically garbage meat dumped right into the Dorito bag. Only choice kids have of getting away from eating this is to 1. not eat anything at all or 2. pack a lunch.

Was not the schools choice to do this, was regulated that they had to.

Let's continue to blame the vending machines for overweight kids instead of the fact they are forced to sit on their a#@es all day at school and most parents allow them to continue to sit on their a#@ in front of video games when they get home.

It's called being responsible for yourself, your family and your weight. The government can stay out of my business and my kitchen, and should get out of the schools kitchens as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Wolfed down Coke and Doritos by the ton in my teens along with tons of other bad stuff.

Also got plenty of physical activity and was thin, fit, and quite strong. (30 years later not so much, my fault).

Never had the feds regulating what we ate and did just fine. Wasn't sitting around not doing anything either.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: magnetik

Without the big brother to tell me what to eat, when to sleep, how often to take a crap, etc, whatever shall I do????

I mean after all, Trump's whole campaign platform was about the lack of freedom to decide for ourselves right?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You have to hit the sweet spot of healthy food and edible food. As countless stories showed in this thread, most of her healthy food ended up in the garbage can. That is a major failure on Michelle's program.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

With the exception of people suffering from a medical condition. Anyone can increase their metabolism by becoming active and eating 6 healthy portions of food daily. Granted, 3 of those portions can be snacking on a fruit or veggies or drinking a protein shake.

During childhood, I was thin as a rail. People made fun of me cause I was sooo skinny. Years later I turned 23 and my weight began to increase. By the time I hit 25 I was 28lbs overweight. It seemed there was nothing I could do to stop it.

I joined a gym and began to hit the weights and cardio daily- seriously Daily! A year later, I looked at myself and was astonished at what I saw. I looked no different than when I'd started. It was awful. All the time invested and nothing to show for.

I walked over to a bodybuilder guy and asked said "Can I ask you a question... I've been coming here for 1 year. I'm sure you've seen me around. I look exactly the same. What am I doing wrong?"
His first reply... "Tell me what you eat." I said food like everyone else. He then said "Identify the food you eat. what are you eating?" As I told him he began to roll his eyes and said "No wonder you look the same, you’re eating garbage."

He told me to eliminate all sugars as well as anything made of flour or any "Bad carbs", and to remove all greasy food special anything fried.

That’s it, (I thought...) He wants me to starve! There's nothing else for me to eat.
Next he said… Eat chicken, fish, lean beef, brown rice, yams, incorporate a small portion of good fats like Omegas and don't forget veggies.

I decided to follow his advice to the T. Many of you will not believe me, but I lost 32+lbs in one month! The weight loss was so drastically fast, that I found myself in the emergency room having irregular heart palpitations. Apparently my Potassium levels had dropped so much that I could have (As they say..) "Kicked the bucket"

However, it was my inexperience that caused that. I didn't eat enough variety of veggies and fruits or at the very least taken multi vitamins.

Never the less, I gained experience and learned about healthy foods and eating habits. More importantly, what not to do so as to prevent another nonscheduled trip to the hospital.

18 yrs later and almost pushing 50, I've not gained the weight back. That said, the road getting there hasn't been all roses and sunshine. I've not been blessed with a superfast metabolism. Therefore, staying active and eating well is a lifelong requirement. It's very easy to fall off and stop exercising and or eating junk food. Not saying you can’t do that. Just that it has to be done in moderation.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Make Merica fat again!

When did we stop?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No one EVER addresses culture when it comes to issues like these:

They DEMAND social security, instead of teaching people financial skills.
They DEMAND more funding for schools, instead of addressing what is taught, and how it is taught.
They DEMAND welfare, instead of addressing the root cause of the need.
They DEMAND free healthcare, instead of addressing why it is so expensive to begin with.
They DEMAND free college, instead of addressing why it is so expensive and has devalued over time.
They DEMAND free abortions, instead of focusing on the culture of indiscriminate sexual behavior.
They DEMAND federal minimum wage increases, instead of focusing on self improvement and reliance.
They DEMAND that everyone agree with them, instead of looking at other peoples beliefs.

You hit the nail on the head. Our problems in this country are the direct result of not focusing on the core educational and cultural reasons that the problems exist in the first place. It's similar to the way we deal with cancer, they focus on the CURE instead of on the CAUSE.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Funny how things work themselves out. This was just another example of a radical liberal force-feeding their opinions down the throats of others...literally.

Thank God Trump, and America won!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I think you are close...but not completely correct. What it really is (in my opinion) is the left decides how things "should" be and then forces it upon the people. Then, since those things don't work...they institute bandaids to try to make it work. It never does. What the left fails to understand is that when something they think "should" be the norm, doesn't work...it shouldn't be the norm. Instead they try to prop up their failures instead of recognizing them as failures and therefore...wrong.

Stupid! (not you...them)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Please.

If you don't like what the "GOVERNMENT" had schools serving, then bring a damned sack lunch. No one is forcing you to eat a balanced "GOVERNMENT" school lunch.

Maybe if parents would step up and teach their kids not to be gluttonous miscreants, then kids might be allowed to have OPEN LUNCHES again where they could leave the campus for a nearby restaurant at lunch, but with the miserable excuse of what's considered a "parent" today I really don't see the young-ins getting out of lock-down any time soon.

edit on 2/25/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join