It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE: 950,000 illegals with 'removal orders' free, raids get just a sliver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
According to information given to Congress by the U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement, it looks like almost 1 million illegal immigrants are "at large" with court orders to be deported.

Apparently ii's are not held in detention even before their first court appearance.

Many do show up for hearings, but I think most do not.

So ICE has a big job ahead of them.

Looks like the past Administration(s) have failed miserably.

ICE: 950,000 illegals with 'removal orders' free, raids get just a sliver

Despite media reports of a massive crackdown by President Trump on illegal immigrants, just a tiny percentage of the nearly 1 million on the government's deportation list have been arrested, according to statistics provided to Congress.

The 680 seized in recent sweeps by U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement agents represent just .07 percent of the 950,062 with deportation orders as of May 21, 2016.

Responses to questions from the Senate Judiciary Committee, provided by Thomas D. Homan, currently the acting ICE director, revealed the struggle the agency faces as it moves to deport illegals, many with criminal records and slapped with "final orders of removal" after exhausting their court appeals.

There are an estimated 3 million illegal immigrants with criminal records in addition to their illegal status and the administration has said it will make them a priority for removal. The numbers in the ICE answers could have adjusted but deporting criminal illegals was not a priority in the last months of the Obama administration, according to experts.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Apparently ii's are not held in detention even before their first court appearance.

Shocking!

And I had to spend the night in jail for less than a gram of marijuana.

I'm changing my name to sabiduria frio and moving to Texas.

edit on 2/20/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

If trump doesnt bolster support for ICE, we will have to tap into local leo to continue at this rate.
If this sweep is not to become a failure and a topical target for trumps critics, due to an exhausted ice, reinforcement is needed

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Texas has been working on the problem for years. The governor even put on work clothes and got involved in tracking illegals down.

edit on 2/20/2017 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Notice that the deportation orders were from May 21, 2016. Why didn't Obama take care of these, how come some of these worst ones aren't already gone?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My guess, politically it made the perfect weapon because Trumph was already running on immagration. Now that the deportations have started guess who is catching the flack.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Its far to easy to just disappear and with technology, gain new identities. Tracking those that overstay their visas, enter illegally and come on "holiday" is a mammoth task. We have a similar problem here in the UK on a smaller scale. Once those asylum seekers or illegals go into the mainstream public, little chance of finding them, particularly if they have friends already here and a network set up to hide them which many do.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Texas has been working on the problem for years. The governor even put on work clothes and got involved in tracking illegals down.

Wow, the budget problems are so bad Texas is having to patrol the border with W II B-17's?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

A B-24.

Link

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The Governator invaded Texas???

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Maybe Rick couldn't get the money for an E-4 type 747 so he went with an old B-24 for his airborne command post.

Not a terrible call since the illegals don't have much of an air force.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Notice that the deportation orders were from May 21, 2016. Why didn't Obama take care of these, how come some of these worst ones aren't already gone?

Because deporting near 1 million people out of the country (and from all over it) isn't just a simple process of packing them onto a bus and dumping them off on the other side of the border. It takes, planning with both countries, resources, scheduling with the local precinct to pick up the illegal. Many times the wait for deportation exceeds the capacity limits of the prisons they put these people. So the government lets some of the less dangerous ones out (and of course some of the more dangerous ones slip through the cracks too).

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I don't think this is true because here in Texas/Collin county/DFW area when an illegal immigrant gets picked up and ICE puts an "Immigration Hold" on them they cant even bail out until ICE deals with them.. which is usually a few months

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

get some, get some get some, yea, yea, yea, get some baby.

anyone that runs is a illegal.
anyone that stands still is a well disciplined illegal.

ain't deportation hell, haha.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

When I see that picture, I have that flashback to the movie.

As with most other things, once the problem get large it is difficult to fix. But in this case the fixing doesn't seem to be much of a priority.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Many do show up for hearings, but I think most do not.

So ICE has a big job ahead of them.

Looks like the past Administration(s) have failed miserably.

So...... here's an idea.?!! If you fail to attend your hearing, a demand of deportation is automatically issued. That person when caught immediately goes to, and spends time in a secure detention facility much like a federal prison until they are physically removed from the country. PERIOD....!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
AND, it all happens in just one week!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Luckily we now have a administration that does do what they promise.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Heh, you read my mind.

Get to the chopper!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Don't worry ,they'll have at least 4 years to snag a whole bunch more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join