It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku 2011 Debate: Discussion on the H1B Visa and the American Scientific Establishment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The reason I mention this is that the H1B VISA program can be a wonderful thing for the right person (see #2 above). But in my experience, that is more the exception than the rule. Legal immigration, when done correctly, is great for all those involved and great for our country as a whole. When done wrong, it is the 180 opposite effect and it has a drastic affect on the whole country. IMO, we have been doing it wrong for at least 15 years now.

We need to change doing it wrong, regardless of the PC crying and accusations. It isn't about us or feelings, it is about sustaining the future of the citizens of THIS country, not the entire world.

Exactly. Similar experiences. And, interesting about cultural differences in the work place, which are a reality.

What is good for THIS country can be good for the world. Unfortunately, like another old saying, you get what you pay for.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Personally, I wouldn't mind letting foreigners do high tech jobs in the US. That said, I would prefer giving high tech jobs in the US to Americans. Americans are fully capable of doing high tech jobs. F-15, AH-64, M1, Arleigh Burke, F-22, Zumwalt, F-35 were all built by Americans.

<< 1   >>

join