It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space X fALCON 9 ufo ? Or not... Feb. 19, 2017

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I would like to hear opinions of this object that appeared during the launch of the Space X fALCON 9
on February 19, 20'17. Could this be a UFO or just a component but it looks perfectly round metalic,
can someone tell what it is with proof please.

This is the original footage, check at second 0:10 when the object appears passing by.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I would suspect that it is a tank that is jettisoned when stages separate.
airspacemag
iflscience

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: free_spirit

I do not think its a UFO, but its still cool.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Being a featureless balls shape, it very much resembles the horizontal ball shape that was moving past the exploding rocket on the launch pad last year. They never did adequately explain that one did they?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: free_spirit

Judging by that image, I'd say it was the second Death Star that is still under construction and not yet operation. It seems like a good time to send in Lando Calrissian and along with the rebel forces to blow it up, before the Empire gets a chance to install all of the defense systems.

In my opinion, it's either a not-fully-constructed Death Star or it's a piece of the Falcon 9 spacecraft (it's one or the other, so a 50% chance it's a Death Star).

edit on 2017-2-20 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I was watching that live and thought WTF was that?????

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That was balls on the best unknown thingy I have seen for a while.... of course, theres a rational explanation forthcoming from the agency, propellant tank, shroud, mini sat deployment...?

drums fingers on desk

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
airspacemag
iflscience

Okay sooo, similar looking. To bad there isn't file footage of this jettison occurring to compare to. I'm interested in why it appears the object is 'jettisoned' at a different angle than the apparent line of thrust ?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Being a featureless balls shape, it very much resembles the horizontal ball shape that was moving past the exploding rocket on the launch pad last year. They never did adequately explain that one did they?

blurds...

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Aliensun

blurds...

More likely Blugs...err, Blurgs? Blurnsects?

Whatever you call it, I personally think the thing caught on camera immediately before the Falcon 9 exploded on the pad last year looked like a bug flying close to the camera and crossing the camera's field of view -- a lot like the bugs that could be seen other times in that video, flurrying about here and there.

edit on 2017-2-20 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It's the nose cone of the Dragon module (protects spacecraft and hatch during launch) that is jettisoned after stage separation.

Dragon

There is a nice image at the bottom of the page.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember

It's the nose cone of the Dragon module (protects spacecraft and hatch during launch) that is jettisoned after stage separation.

Dragon

There is a nice image at the bottom of the page.

Thanks Dan, the object in the video doesn't look 'coney', though.

Just kidding, the case is sol-ved

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

More likely Blugs...err, Blurgs? Blurnsects?

My dictionary has the correct spelling as blugs, blurds and blets.

Blurry bugs, birds and jets.

Maybe blugs, most thunderous launches drive ever-loving, fuzzy furry winged thing to jump into the air, too. If I witnessed a launch I would be jumpin up n down, up n down.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

personally, I think it's something that came off from the craft.
No UFO can match the superiority of the Falcon 9. Ill bet it secretly got a 6-phase EM induction drive onboard?

edit on 0b28America/ChicagoMon, 20 Feb 2017 13:52:28 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 20 Feb 2017 13:52:28 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
airspacemag
iflscience

Okay sooo, similar looking. To bad there isn't file footage of this jettison occurring to compare to. I'm interested in why it appears the object is 'jettisoned' at a different angle than the apparent line of thrust ?

I don't know the details of how the tanks are jettisoned, but they typically are pressurized tanks. If the lines are disconnected, the gas escaping would jet out and cause thrust, moving the tank in a direction away from the tapping for the lines.

Did anyone email SpaceX yet? They might be able to tell us.
edit on b000000282017-02-20T15:03:59-06:0003America/ChicagoMon, 20 Feb 2017 15:03:59 -0600300000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Oh, I think Dan got it ^^^

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Oh, I think Dan got it ^^^

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you mentioned, it didn't look outwardly "coney", but I think that could be due to the perspective from which we are viewing it. I'm not saying it necessarily looks like a cone to me, but I can see how it could be a cone that is mostly facing the camera "point on", making it look more spherical.

But that spherical shape seems to break up on the lower right side (around the 4 o'clock position), which could be the flat part of the nosecone pointing mostly away from the camera.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That is a Weather Ballon.
One of the 1947 variety

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm confused, can someone clear something up for me regarding the video. I understand that on the left hand side of the video is the stage 1 section of the rocket and the right is the second stage.

The video footage of the second stage i assume is video footage of the engine to the second stage. Are they showing two different camera angles of the engine? Because to me the two different angles don't match up. By the this I mean the earth looks in the wrong place in relation to the engine, when comparing the two different angles. Hope that makes sense

Edit: to try and best describe what I mean at the start of the video the rocket engine looks as though the rocket is heading left to right but when the angle changes it gives the impression the rocket is heading right to left.
edit on 20-2-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

The left is the first stage, as it deorbits for landing. The right is the second stage engine bell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join