It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force monitoring increased Iodine-131 in Europe

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So there I was on twitter looking at which military aircraft have been spotted on numerous plane tracking websites when an aircraft that is designed to sniffing out radiation had popped up it ended up being nothing major but got me thinking about this thread so I searched for this thread again hoping to reply to get it some attention again only to see the last reply was my own

Anyways I done a quick google search to see if I can find and found this little bit. Now I have no idea what sort of news website this is and it does contain a lot of adverts but I thought I'd copy and paste the text as well as posting the link

β€œIn connection with the information published by the French Institute for Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety (IRSN), we are pleased to inform you that trace amounts of iodine-131 detected during the period January 9-16. (over a month ago) in Poland did not pose any threat to people or the environment β€œ- is the message of the National Atomic Energy Agency.
The Institute for Radiological and Nuclear Safety announced on 13th February that traces of radioactive iodine 131 were found in Europe. As indicated, the substance was of artificial origin. The first place where its occurrence was observed was the far north of Norway. The next indications concerning its presence were in Finland, Poland, the Czech Republic, Germany, France and Spain.

According to the French institute, the highest iodine-131 concentration in the air took place over Poland. In the north of Norway, where its occurrence was first detected, it was 0.5 microbuster per cubic meter, while in Poland it was more than ten times more – about 5.2 microBekerels per cubic meter. Interestingly, radioactive iodine-131 is used in the treatment of thyroid disease. It destroys the overactive and cancerous cancer tissue
The iodine-131 isotope is only radioactive for about 8 days. The unknown remains its source in the air over Europe.

Link: news24.global...

In short, the iodine levels were harmless yet the source is still unknown

<< 12  13  14   >>

join