It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should President Trump end the War on Drugs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 19-2-2017 by LordAhriman because: Double post

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

a reply to: gmoneystunt

Yes.

What's the next question.

If you are travelling at 65 mph and Gravity was actually a thing that existed, how many pork pies could I sell to a Muslim or Jew?

Seven, IF you convert to Celsius.

I just deal the same in Kelvin, sorry.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
By decriminalizing ALL illegal drugs and at the same time substantially increasing availability of addiction treatment, we would save immensely at both the state and federal levels. Look at what Portugal has done. If there was no bar to marketing these drugs, then most of the violence created in poor communities would go away as well.

This will never happen of course, for two reasons. First, the deep state profits greatly off of supplying illicit drugs. The CIA introduced '___' to the states and the world. The CIA directly developed the trade routes for coc aine from South America to the US. Hell, one of the worst and most violent cartels in Mexico is filled with commandos who were trained by the US. Not to mention that there is now proof emerging that the Columbian drug barons were working directly for and with the CIA. Under the Taliban the production of poppies and therefore opiates was almost nil. We invade and now there is an opiate epidemic in the US. Do you really not see the connection?

Lastly, big-pharma gets huge profits from illicit drugs and recovery. At least in Massachusetts, the opiate waive was instigated by the over prescription of pain med's, particularly OC's and perc's. Virtually every treatment facility will routinely try to get recovering addicts on all sorts of medications antidepressants, etc..

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

100% Agreed.

Legalising all drugs is an idiot's gamble IMO lol

There will never be a good reason to legalise Heroin, personal rights be damned.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Yes.

What's the next question.

If you are travelling at 65 mph and Gravity was actually a thing that existed, how many pork pies could I sell to a Muslim or Jew?

Seven, IF you convert to Celsius.

I just deal the same in Kelvin, sorry.

Kelvin hates pork pies.

But he and I both agree that drugs should be legalized.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: snowspirit

While I see no reason to legalize MJ for recreational use, it should be decriminalized for smaller amounts and legal for medical use, with stiff fines for people abusing medicinal use.

Who is to judge who is abusing it? Most people that get it have no outward symptoms of why they have their card such as anxiety, sleep, and eating issues.

I see the fines being abused more than the abuse of the drug itself. It's just stupidity.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Abso-effin-lutely.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Shall we start with suicide because you can't get a job at Mc Donalds for the rest of your life with a MJ charge.

Is that really true?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yes MJ is a class 1 drug which makes any conviction a felony.

Any business that does a background check will see a drug charge.

It's very hard to find work as a felon, doesn't really matter what the crime is.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

While I see no reason to legalize MJ for recreational use, it should be decriminalized for smaller amounts and legal for medical use, with stiff fines for people abusing medicinal use.

Who is to judge who is abusing it? Most people that get it have no outward symptoms of why they have their card such as anxiety, sleep, and eating issues.

I see the fines being abused more than the abuse of the drug itself. It's just stupidity.

I don't know why you made a post that seems to be arguing against me when I said the same thing, that most don't have a problem.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Completely ridiculous unless you are some cartel person.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Agreed. And furthermore, has anyone ever considered just how absurd and invasive it is for ANY person ( or government ) to insist they have the right to tell you what you can do with your body?

I know that statement can easily lead to an abortion debate, but in regards to substances that we as adults choose to take into our bodies there should be zero regulating authorities. If someone's ACTIONS under the influence of a substance are violent or harmful in any way, let the actions be the crime.....

The people in charge lose money if that logic is applied.
edit on 19-2-2017 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
At minimum decriminalize all drugs and eliminate the Drug Classifications Schedule it is wrong anyways. Marijuana is still considered a Schedule 1 drug by the DEA. Alcohol is worse than Marijuana and it's legal
edit on 19-2-2017 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

100% Agreed.

Legalising all drugs is an idiot's gamble IMO lol

There will never be a good reason to legalise Heroin, personal rights be damned.

~Tenth

Actually there are a lot of good reasons to legalize heroin, or at least decriminalize it enough to get rid of the parts of the addiction that make it as dangerous as it is. The majority of bad things people associate with heroin addiction like overdoses and the spread of infectious disease are a product of the illegality of heroin.

Why do people overdose? Because the dose in something bought off the street isn't known. People think they're doing the same amount, but it ends up 2-3 times stronger. With a standardized dose, that wouldn't happen, and there would be nowhere near the amount of overdoses that we see today.

Heroin is one of those drugs that are made more harmful to the user and society through being illegal. There hasn't been one fatal overdose at a safe injection site in the history of safe injection sites around the world.

That's a testament to the efficacy of rational drug policy.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Actually there are a lot of good reasons to legalize heroin, or at least decriminalize it enough to get rid of the parts of the addiction that make it as dangerous as it is. The majority of bad things people associate with heroin addiction like overdoses and the spread of infectious disease are a product of the illegality of heroin.

As stated in my first post, decriminalise all the drugs as far as possession is concerned. Legalising for recreational use however, is another story.

There is no benefit to Heroin. We have better synthetic drugs for what uses it did have, and on he recreational side, well we know the science of what heroin does to you. Even a cleaner version of that drug would serve no real purpose in today's world.

There hasn't been one fatal overdose at a safe injection site in the history of safe injection sites around the world.

And I am more safe sites as well, as long as they are coupled with available treatment programs to help people kick their addiction.

But a common sense drug policy, a rational one as you put it, would realise that favoring people's freedom, over the general welfare of society at large is wrong. ONLY however, when the science shows you that without a doubt, that there is no basis for having something available to the general public such as Heroin.

So I agree in principle, but that's still not a good reason to let people buy Heroin at a pharmacy.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I don't know why you made a post that seems to be arguing against me when I said the same thing, that most don't have a problem.

"Stiff fines for people abusing medicinal abuse" Like I said if you cannot read correctly, who is going to be the judge of who is using it medicinally and who is abusing it? You shouldn't go after the person with the medical card you go after the doctor giving away the cards to those who don't need them.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

There is no benefit to Heroin.

Its used for treating pain, look at methadone

Even a cleaner version of that drug would serve no real purpose in today's world.

Tainted drugs can kill people. It would save many lives

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Your all so quick to control others. Drugs are plants. Plants grow from the earth. Let's see you all control alcohol and tobacco. Bigger killers than any drug that might offend your silly sense of morality.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
A simple answer to the question in your title..... YES, the War on Drugs is a big contrivance, just like BLM..

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I agree. The cost to the tax payers for the war is out weighed by the big business of illegal drugs. Those getting rich won't let new tax revenue, their money, go to the government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join