It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thread taken off the site.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I was just reading a thread and while I think it was going poorly, I wasn't under the impression that they get entirely deleted but usually locked instead. I was just reading the comments and poof, gone. Is this a normal practice? I think it might be a good idea to just lock the thread and leave it at that. It allows members to evaluate the OP and possibly his intent, the chance to evaluate threads that shouldn't be made and that others can see why it was locked. I just think the practice of removing the thread entirely is a bit counter productive.

I just kinda want to know why that specific thread has been removed. Maybe not even by the staff. The thread was about ICE and Hispanic members of some political affiliation not being allowed in a meeting. Can anyone help me out with why?
edit on 19-2-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

*Edit*

I have heard what I have needed into the conclusion of the thread I have posted about. I am satisfied with the ruling and pose no objection. Thanks again to everyone involved.
edit on 19-2-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Might be being moved to mudpit?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 19-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I checked but no. I think they usually stay on top of "new" even when switched to mud-pit anyway.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

I'm not a Mod, so I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure that cannot be done. You either make the thread in the Mud Pit or it doesn't get in there.

ETA: Just pick a Mod and send an e-mail and ask. They're people for cryin' out loud. They'll talk to ya. LOL
edit on 1922017 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Just noticed it was gone as well.

Probably because it was like three pages off-topic last I saw.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I'm not a Mod, so I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure that cannot be done. You either make the thread in the Mud Pit or it doesn't get in there.

Correct!

We do not move any threads from any forum to the MudPit. Members should know better and if they create a MudPit worthy thread in another forum, that thread is trashed and they receive a PM stating they can repost in the proper forum.

You can always PM a staff member and ask why a certain action was taken, but I will let you know in advance, unless you were the OP or the action was taken against you, we are likely to say that we don't discuss staff actions with members to whom they do not apply.

But in this case, it's what's listed above.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
That happens, you write up a nice long post giving some evidence, then go to post it and it says you do not have permission to post there. It is gone, 404ed.

That is life, sometimes some of those controversial threads are pretty interesting.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

ETA: Just pick a Mod and send an e-mail and ask. They're people for cryin' out loud. They'll talk to ya. LOL

Sometimes.

Tenth usually just sends me hateful emojis in reply

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

*whichever emoji is the hate one*

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

LOL

thanks for proving my point, though

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm not feeling particularly contrary today lol

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

No, I see that you're feeling calm

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As this the answer was provided though, I am going to go ahead and close this thread.

Please feel free to PM me anytime with any questions or concerns regarding staff actions, and I will answer them as best I can.

~Tenth

top topics

join