It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Are Watching You..... It's ok, You Have Nothing To Hide.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: BlackProject

I know what you mean but, people worry about their privacy while they tell everything about them in Facebook, with photos.

This is true, not everyone uses Facebook but many do as we know. Those that do, certainly are digging their own grave for the future. I hope for their benefit, those people stop using it. Will that happen, most probably not. Considering every app that is downloaded these days likes you to sign in with a Facebook account.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Believe it or not, people are first and foremost bracketed by age. When I found out I was outside the cut ... I felt good enough to actually make an account on this site (hold that thought).

You mentioned flags. Each analyst creates and 'monitors' their own flags. It's the human element of analysis. It's what the machines can't do (think pareidolia). This statement in the OP is the only reason the thread held my interest:

Take a moment to think about the above paragraph. That its collection of sensitive data had never stopped one single terrorist attack happening.
... which I know, from first-hand knowledge, to be un-true.

This statement:

they know who and where I am.
used to carry a lot of weight with the law. These days, I'm not so sure, because some of the law, itself, has become classified. And if there's anything that should cause alarm in the community ... it is that fact ... you don't know what laws you're breaking. Anyway ... it's what kept the US Intelligence Community from keeping tabs on American citizens, but they skirted that via International and Corporate Cooperation a long long time ago.

And that thought ... yeah ... I kept tabs. A discussion for another day.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
My cat was watching me one day....

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Before continuing: The only reason for mass surveillance would be to stop 'the bad people'. As it were. To stop terrorist attacks. That is, this would be their main reason for monitoring such private data.

It's much bigger than that man. They're creating a God... well a more accurate way to put it is that a God is using our technology to manifest itself.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Thing is, by putting everyone under constant automated surveillance, they're actually handing you the keys to your own anonymity. I don't even think they realize that yet. Let me explain.

In days of old, whoever was watching you would be the source of information about you. Be it whatever agents, whoever. But now, who is the source of the information collected on you?

YOU ARE.

And as long as you control the source of information, (You, in this case) you can control everything they see and think about you. All it takes to make automated surveillance ineffective is realizing that YOU control the information they get now. And then tailoring what you do that can be snooped on with that in mind.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Thing is, by putting everyone under constant automated surveillance, they're actually handing you the keys to your own anonymity. I don't even think they realize that yet. Let me explain.

In days of old, whoever was watching you would be the source of information about you. Be it whatever agents, whoever. But now, who is the source of the information collected on you?

YOU ARE.

And as long as you control the source of information, (You, in this case) you can control everything they see and think about you. All it takes to make automated surveillance ineffective is realizing that YOU control the information they get now. And then tailoring what you do that can be snooped on with that in mind.

In some degree this is true. However being part of the system, everyone is monitored. Even if you do not use the internet, a mobile phone or any form of messenger. As long as you exist in the world, you are documented. I mentioned before in my post about being anonymous, well this is only true to the point that we can create enough hurdles that it slows them down. Nothing is 100% secure, nothing is 100% anonymous. From the very careful of us, we do leave finger prints all over.

Being put under total surveillance does not allow us to hide in the crowd as you put it, as that information can be and will be used against you when they see fit. So the moment you disagree with lets say something that denies you from being a normal human being, they will stamp you down and throw you into a cell. Regardless if you committed a crime, as to them if you do not agree then you are a criminal.

The scary part of all of this is most people think this is not so serious, no reason to worry, no reason to think to much until it effects our lives. I hope people are taking precautions but most are not.

Power corrupts.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If we have nothing to hide then there is no need nor reason to spy on us.

When 'they' discover I/we have nothing to hide, will they cease their spying? If not why not?

Just wondering.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There is literally nothing we can do about it other than be pissed off. That's why I hold the "nothing to hide" stance.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

OP, this is *exactly* what I said last night in the post I created about the Fox show APB.

The drones flying around the apartment windows, looking in...until they got to the one with the "bad guys". The point I was trying to make was, they were watching EVERYONE.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Of course not. They're doing it under false pretenses to begin with. It has never been about your "protection." Only those who blindly accept the whole, "Oh, our government is only doing what's best" argument would ever argue otherwise.
edit on 19-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Bone, that's a possibility I have considered, more towards medical science than surveillance. I have often wondered if the deity was using science as a way to bring about the promised kingdom.
It's a nice thought, but I'm not sure it has much validity.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

YOU ARE.

In some degree this is true. However being part of the system, everyone is monitored. Even if you do not use the internet, a mobile phone or any form of messenger. As long as you exist in the world, you are documented. I mentioned before in my post about being anonymous, well this is only true to the point that we can create enough hurdles that it slows them down. Nothing is 100% secure, nothing is 100% anonymous. From the very careful of us, we do leave finger prints all over.

Being put under total surveillance does not allow us to hide in the crowd as you put it, as that information can be and will be used against you when they see fit. So the moment you disagree with lets say something that denies you from being a normal human being, they will stamp you down and throw you into a cell. Regardless if you committed a crime, as to them if you do not agree then you are a criminal.

The scary part of all of this is most people think this is not so serious, no reason to worry, no reason to think to much until it effects our lives. I hope people are taking precautions but most are not.

Power corrupts.

I think you misunderstood my point. I'm talking about anonymity through control of the information received.

If you know you're being watched all the time, then you can control what information the people that are watching you get, which gives you the power to manipulate that information as much or as little as you see fit.

In effect, controlling the controllers. Through the same system they set up to watch you.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

YOU ARE.

Power corrupts.

I think you misunderstood my point. I'm talking about anonymity through control of the information received.

If you know you're being watched all the time, then you can control what information the people that are watching you get, which gives you the power to manipulate that information as much or as little as you see fit.

In effect, controlling the controllers. Through the same system they set up to watch you.

Good idea.

Just as 'news' can be/is polluted with fake-news, we too can pollute our info with fake info.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think this article surmises it all quite succinctly. Americans, collectively, just do not know their constitutional rights or the historical implications of a government spying on its own citizenry. Why Americans don't care

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Achieving a state of anonymity would require a total deletion of your past. Anonymity has nothing to do with not knowing who you are in the present.

Would you like that?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Excellent thread.

I have noticed that those growing up with advanced technology really don't seem to care at all about privacy. Millenials, especially, tend to not care about it. Every move they make is put on some kind of social media outlet and they share it with friends of friends of friends without a single thought about privacy.

What really blows my mind more than what we write is the daily bombardment of pleads by certain companies like 23andMe for your DNA!! People willingly hand over their DNA to a non-medical private company without so much as a single thought as to who that person might be that now has YOUR genetic map.

Think about that one. They say it is for you to find out where your ancestors were from, who might be out there that you are related to, what diseases and conditions you may have genetic predisposition to, and what long lost relatives may be eager to find you.

Now THAT's information that, to me, should be private and off-limits to a company that could turn around and sell it to who knows who, and for whatever reason. You have no idea how your DNA might get used.

edit on 19-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2017 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Excellent thread.

I have noticed that those growing up with advanced technology really don't seem to care at all about privacy. Millenials, especially, tend to not care about it. Every move they make is put on some kind of social media outlet and they share it with friends of friends of friends without a single thought about privacy.

What really blows my mind more than what we write is the daily bombardment of pleads by certain companies like 23andMe for your DNA!! People willingly hand over their DNA to a non-medical private company without so much as a single thought as to who that person might be that now has YOUR genetic map.

Think about that one. They say it is for you to find out where your ancestors were from, who might be out there that you are related to, what diseases and conditions you may have genetic predisposition to, and what long lost relatives may be eager to find you.

Now THAT's information that, to me, should be private and off-limits to a company that could turn around and sell it to who knows who, and for whatever reason. You have no idea how your DNA might get used.

The DNA thing is certainly interesting. For instance did you know that ancestry.com that deals in such DNA collection is owned by Mormons which is connected to granite mountain which;

The Granite Mountain Records Vault (also known simply as The Vault) is a large archive and vault owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) excavated 600 feet into the north side of Little Cottonwood Canyon. The Granite Mountain facilities feature a dry, environment-controlled facility used for long-term record storage, as well as administrative offices, shipping and receiving docks, a processing facility and restoration laboratory for microfilm. Records stored include genealogical and family history information contained in over 2.4 million rolls of microfilm and 1 million microfiche. This equals about three billion pages of family history records. The vault's library of microfilm increases by up to 40,000 rolls per year.

Granite mountain is so secure it is supposed it could survive a nuclear blast. All that data and DNA data backed up, what is it used for.

Something shady is going on, in regards to all of this.
edit on 19-2-2017 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I started a thread about 23andMe three or four years ago. I thought the whole concept was fishy even then. Since then, that company has slicked up their commercials, and now you also see Ancestry.com with a DNA division. I guess "they" aren't getting enough people to buy their kits, which by the way, have gone down in price from an original $999 to about $99. They seem a little too eager to get everybody's DNA.

Another company has found a new angle to get your DNA. It's called Telomere Diagnostics. Send in your DNA and they will tell you how genetically old you are by measuring the length of your telomeres!!

In other words, it seems like genetic testing for all sorts of reasons is more than just a company selling something to get money. When I found out 23andMe had connections to Google, that's all I needed to know!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I have heard theories that it will be used to clone "deserving" individuals in a utopian future, but that's all most likely Dreamland stuff. I am not sure what their intentions are

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
it takes a lot of planning to make something seem coincidental

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join