It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US aircraft carrier and supporting warships Begin Patrols in South China Sea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don't know where your numbers come from but they are not accurate, it's 7% of US debt. China has huge debt problems itself and could not afford to do what you suggest.

ETA: Giving China time actually makes it more likely they will use their holdings to hurt the US economy, as they will eventually have backups which they do not currently have.
edit on 19-2-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: DerBeobachter

The "left" aren't merely "the left" anymore. Instead, they're the "left behind".

and the right aren't right anymore, they're the Wrong.

So keeping jobs in America is wrong? I know Der Fuhrer Obama said it can't be done .. but not all of us agree.

I didn't mention jobs.

What does Obama have to do with it?

I replied to someone who characterised the entire Left, I made the same remark about the right and you felt the need to respond with something that calls Obama - A Fuhrer.

Very Childish.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Obama was the leader of the left, who told America to get used to jobs leaving.
The right is trying to save jobs .. you called them wrong ..

The adhoms must be because you have no argument.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

China is all about playing the long game. So far it has worked well in their favor. Their end game is what I am worried about. What is China's end game to all of this? Be the number one superpower? Tell countries like the U.S. and Europe what to do?

Make us all read and learn in Chinese? I don't get it.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

China has always thought they are the center of the world and everyone else are just barbarians.

Their goal is to be the only superpower, in control of everything. You are Chinese, or you are a lesser being.

The US and Europe has allowed them to thrive, they basically fed the monster who wants to eat them.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Theres been two carrier "strike groups" patrolling the eastern pacific for "several years" now.. Ostensibly to thwart "Chinese aggression" lol, its really about the disputed little teeny islands, I mean wealth of natural resources under the ocean there.

And containment of China and Russia militarily.

From the horses mouth June, 2016

Mega corp oligarchs can't stand theres a revenue stream somewhere they don't get a cut from. So they use your tax dollars to build mega "strike groups" to threaten the stability of a region until the other side settles (bargains) for a piece of the pie.

Or starts WWIII, whichever.

U.S. Navy aircraft carriers have conducted dual carrier strike group operations in the Western Pacific including the South China Sea, East China Sea and Philippine Sea for several years.

edit on 19-2-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
this is it, the start of WW3. See China's own maps, they put the entire area of South China Sea within their own borders.

I think the US is upset that Russia and China are good buddies, doing deals with each other without the "US DOLLAR" acting as the transaction medium, and the goal here is to break up that bromance.

To do this, the US will court Russia and annoy China, with the aim of getting Russia to break off it's engagement with China and turn back towards the west, returning to the US Dollar as their favored transaction tool.

All the rest is a global strategy aimed at making the US Dollar great again.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Obviously china was ignorant of the fact that all of this wouldn't cause any problems when they decided to claim the entire south china sea as their own
Maybe that was the plan and point of building the islands to begin with ...ie.make a mole hill knowing that other world powers would turn it into a mountain ... Make them look there while you are looking elsewhere ...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

China has always thought they are the center of the world and everyone else are just barbarians.

Their goal is to be the only superpower, in control of everything. You are Chinese, or you are a lesser being.

The US and Europe has allowed them to thrive, they basically fed the monster who wants to eat them.

I guess we should've kept imperial japan in power after we defeated them in WW2 to keep China in check. Oops

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Or not given any country so much industrial power, and spread it out over the world.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The problem is China holds $1.05 trillion of US debt , nearly 30% of US national debt , pulling companies out of China would do little compared to the hold China have on the US.

So what IS the hold that the debt enables China to have?

Say China refuses to refinance the loans, the US then defaults on the loans, leaving China is $1.05 trillion down. And not only that; China's economy would lose a HUGE market, likely making their own looming crisis explode. Making the US default is not really an option.

As I see it, China and the US is in it together. Neither can hurt the other worse-

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

No, the islands are about solidifying their hold on the illegally stolen territory.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

All I know is they cant own the whole damn China sea. If that's the case then everyone can start building their own islands and start claiming their own seas. It sets a real bad precedence. I am not saying go to war but what I am saying you cant just let it go either. Has to be a solution somewhere. Would it be ok if the United States claimed all the Pacific ocean from Hawaii to California?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Neither can do anything all at once, it has to be done over time. The past 8 years has been China taking action, and winning.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

the illegally stolen territory.
So who legally owned it and who did China steal it from ?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Multiple countries. I already sourced The Hague ruling they stole from the Philippines.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

No, the islands are about solidifying their hold on the illegally stolen territory.

No, the islands sit atop a large deposit of oil and natural gas that Mega corp wants for itself.

But, will settle 'out of court'. (Have your attorneys call ours)

links

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte reiterated last month he wanted to avoid confrontation with China and saw no need to press Beijing to abide by the July ruling that went in favor of the Philippines.
www.reuters.com...

I wonder why the US would be moving in to the area ? The seems to be a bit of a disconnect going on here .If I steal my neighbors garbage bin and they don't have a problem with me keeping it then what business would it be to our other neighbor ? ...If it was a big enough sin to the owner then they would proceed with actions against me if I didn't give it back .No one of the parties directly involved is doing that ...Its a neighbor on the other side of town that is intruding into my neighborhood without me or my neighbors request . So what is really going on here ?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

So you linked a source saying that China did steal them .. what's your point?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The only point I was making or trying to make is ...Why the US feels the need to some how get into other countries business about a dispute that is between them ... I also suggested that there would have to be some other reason for doing so .So what is the real reason the US has moved its military there . China didn't ask and neither did the Philippines ...

Could it actually be that China at the request of the Philippines (secretly) agreed to let China set up shop on their territory ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join