It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen to the human brain if you did not hate?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A major problem with our civilization is that we are prepared to express hatred to towards each other. The strange thing about that is the extent to which such behavior interferes with survival. A problem could be this that as a species we are placing more emphasis upon our differences than what is in common. Balance is important as it is a reflection of our ability as Men and Women to stabilize a situation while at the same time addressing real issues relevant to survival.

Consider that if the behavior of another person causes you (plural) to experience hatred it is potentially because to them what they did was natural for some really demented reason.

Perhaps then understanding that Animals can be defined as Narcissistic in a Homicidal way, literally.

Just some thoughts.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This would be the result.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I would counter that media uses fear to keep the populace from realizing that when united, we are in charge of our own destiny, not the banks, nor anyone else. So when the government and its media promotes fear of mexicans, fear of russians, fear of muslums, its a direct assault against us and our mental well being.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hatred is an inherent expression to conditions inherent to survival.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

What could contradict our mental well being is that we cannot see beyond such constructs as to undermine our ability to survive.

Diversity comes to mind as genetically positive mutations do result.
edit on 18-2-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

You're correct. One would have to live in a perfect World in order to obtain perfection (in the flesh). That doesn't appear to have much prospect of happening, now or in the near future.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
This would be the result.

No, just no!

That's terrifying !!

Keep the hate, in fact if that's the outcome, embrace the hate.

That's just so damn scary.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Nice Avatar

Survival is not just about crossing "T's". But in the past that really had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Unless as an individual you were really into that.

Unless of course you would want to blame it upon Priests and Monks?

Or the long dead?

In the future could all points intercept an therefore could information then be interpretable as a whole?

Trying to understand something that, "cannot be understood"?

Seems more important than saying otherwise.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Would you care to describe to us what you Hate?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Your brain on hate...

If you're a heavy metal fan, you've probably heard the Iron Maiden song "There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate." As it turns out, those lyrics have a grain of truth in them, at least in a neurological sense.

In 2008, scientists at University College London in the U.K. published a study in which they included 17 subjects who'd expressed a strong hatred for another person -- typically, an ex-lover or a colleague. When the subjects' brains were mapped with an MRI scanner while they looked at pictures of the people they hated, activity was observed the putamen and insular cortex -- two brain regions that also light up when a person sees a picture of a loved one [source: Zeki, Robson].

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

You can never eliminate hate, it has been a normal part of humanity.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Supposed I told you that ancient peoples engaged in behaviors that contradict current moral rules due to the fact they thought they were doing the right thing?In other words that part of their brain that was most active while engaged in atrocities had more to do with good feeling than hate?

Hate is reasoning for aggression at the group scale as well as the individual scale?

How is then is survival defined socially?

edit on 18-2-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Ummmm just letting you hate can happen even among ancient people. For example let's say a tribal member's family got killed by another tribe.

Wouldn't that tribal member hate the tribe who slaughtered his/her family and lead a retaliatory attack?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

lol I know right? that would be one hell of a trip!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Thank you that would be my dopple ganger cartoon twin.

How about this then. The entire Universe is a complete farce. In fact it's all binary fake matronix bullsh't. We are dreaming and about to wake up.

You know what that would mean? No More Teletubbies!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

To what extent would they would relate?

Is it possible that your tribal ancestors had something to do with killing one of mine and did that feeling they were doing Gods work? Could one of my ancestors killed one of yours in a really nasty way. Because as far as they were concerned what they were doing, so would place them on a path to absolution due to an opinion they considered absolute?

How do you feel about me given my ancestors and your ancestors could have killed each other?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I didn't know we could feel hate, I thought It was an expression so someone else could relate, but I am sure that the duality of hate does exist in love..

Thank you for learning me that we are the only specie who can feel something else than any other animal on this world.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Then beauty would not be an Absolute and we would all really freak out!

How are you defining the Universe?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

The study, by Professor Semir Zeki and John Romaya of the Wellcome Laboratory of Neurobiology at UCL, examined the brain areas that correlate with the sentiment of hate and shows that the 'hate circuit' is distinct from those related to emotions such as fear, threat and danger – although it shares a part of the brain associated with aggression. The circuit is also quite distinct from that associated with romantic love, though it shares at least two common structures with it.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Maybe you should study history more often. It's a natural part of humanity. In fact humanity will always be divided unless we have a common enemy (extraterrestrials)

It's naive to even think humanity will stop hating.

There's always a darkness within our hearts.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join