It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Trump Appointee Says, Thanks, but No Thanks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Bilden withdraws as Navy secretary nominee

The Trump administration’s nominee for Navy secretary has withdrawn from consideration, citing conflicts over ethics requirements that would require him to sell his investments.

Financier Philip Bilden announced the decision through a Pentagon statement Sunday evening in Washington.

“After an extensive review process, I have determined that I will not be able to satisfy the Office of Government Ethics requirements without undue disruption and materially adverse divestment of my family's private financial interests,” Bilden said.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Trump should look to skid-row for his nominees?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

His excuse that liquidating his investments is too burdensome; that flies for you?

He would rather turn down a request to work directly for the President of the United States, than untangle investments that would not pass ethics requirements.

Think about that. He publically states his investments are too shady to pass scrutiny. But he prefers to stay with those murky financial deals, than serve the POTUS. Okay...

Like the thread title reads, "Thanks, but no thanks".
This was Bilden's polite way out.

edit on 2/26/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with "shady".

The ridiculous requirements for these guys requires them to pretty much sell off everything else they have worked for their entire lives just for a job that might last a few years. What do they have then after this job?

Our forefathers did not design our government to work like that. Our government was originally made up of people that have real lives and careers. It was never intended to be made up of career politicians.

The requirement for our government to be made up of career politicians has been a major contributor to corruption.

edit on 2/26/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

It has nothing to do with "shady".

The ridiculous requirements for these guys requires them to pretty much sell off everything else they have worked for their entire lives just for a job that might last a few years. What do they have then after this job?

Our forefathers did not design our government to work like that. Our government was originally made up of people that have real lives and careers. It was never intended to be made up of career politicians.

The requirement for our government to be made up of career politicians has been a major contributor to corruption.

True dat.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

The Secretary of the Army nominee.. VINNIE VIOLA, withdrew earlier in the month. For pretty much the same reasons:

""President Donald Trump's nominee for secretary of the Army, Vinnie Viola, is withdrawing, citing trouble disengaging with his business ties.

"Mr. Viola has informed President Trump that he will be unable to accept his nomination to serve as secretary of the Army as the challenges of separating Mr. Viola from the organizations that he has built over the last thirty-five years have proven insurmountable," a statement from Viola's team on Friday evening said.""

Source: www.dailykos.com...

If Donald Trump had to scrub, scour and "sanitize" his financial dealings to meet government standards, in order to run for President, he would not have run for President. We'd be stuck with Hil larry.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Major Garrett of CBS news is now reporting that Trump's nominee for Commerce Secretary, billionaire Todd Ricketts may withdraw his name from consideration.

Mr. Garrett was correct with his early reporting of the Navy Secretary nominee ,Philip Bilden's withdrawal, and I suspect this news regarding Mr. Ricketts to also be credible.

Anyone else seeing a trend here with Trump's picks?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Anyone that Trump picks for any position will be reviled immediately by the leftist media and every whiny piss-ant politician in DC.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I'm past my allowed edit hours, but my post above should read "Deputy Commerce Secretary".. I missed the "deputy" portion.
Wilbur Ross is commerce sec.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The way the Trump administration is attacked by the media and the Democrats in congress is not wonder that people with any hidden trash in their closet even if is just minimal would not allow themselves to be exposed and paraded naked for everybody to see and judge when most of the judgment is already made.

I wish Trump luck on his quest to fill any left over positions of importance.

Maybe if he call for Hillary to fill any of the positions still open the media will stop feeding on the frenzy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join