It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hints at ASH buy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

You guys need to hang out with me more. Heh. I've gotten glimpses of all kinds of neat things.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

NDA's never got my blood pumping......

is it true someone can write a fiction story and if there is stuff in there that might be under a nda or classified that it would be okay as it is a fictional story and if you wanted an added layer a ghost writer

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I'm not under an NDA for anything I've caught out.

It depends on what you're adding in. Some things they'll look the other way.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I'll bet it's a killer 6th generation technologies testbed.

They did say the B-21 was full of mature 5th and 6th gen stuff.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
An interesting historical film about war supplies chains and after war surplus.

I know we´re not in the 40's but all wars are the same, imagine this picture in modern war airplanes and weapon systems in general, think that many suppliers these manufacturers currently have are not from countries you will have at your side if a global war starts in our days.

edit on 26-2-2017 by CrapAsUsual because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

No, we're not in the 40s anymore. Unless we want to go back to non computerized aircraft, meaning less maneuverable, no matter what you want the military to build, including UAVs, isn't going to be built in large numbers on a 40s style assembly line.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The argument seems to be that having a fleet of prop airplanes that you can lean out of to shoot your pistol at the other guy is preferable to having a modern fleet of networked stealth aircraft with sensors in many wavelengths. Because one is easier to make than the other?
edit on 26-2-2017 by wirehead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wirehead

It boils down to we'd never be able to mass produce the F-35, like we did WWII aircraft, because we get too much from outside nations. Of course this is true of any non stealth aircraft too.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Also remember what happened to german production lines during 1943 onwards.Brits at night and USAAF during the day forced Messerschmidt to break up its industrial base to subcontracted small factories.The peak production for the Me109 was late 43 early 44 period where smaller factories scattered about the German towns and forests did the manufacturing.
The Brits figured that out during the BoB with Spitfire and Hurricane production when both the Supermarine and Hawker factories were targeted early on.Smaller satellite factories worked far better and repair depots being setup in car garages,carpentry shops to keep the planes in the air.
Today with 3D printing and Carbon grown skins there are enough companies that could easily be moved over to a war footing.Remember during the early days of the Iraq occupation where Humvees were being targetted by IED,s etc the military didnt have the capability to uparmour them so repair depots in theatre and eventually stateside companies came on board to solve the problem..
Theres an old saying...Nothing will happen until something happens..

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

You are right and I am sure that in a war situation, if we absolutely needed a rare earth element, if we couldnt capture a strategic supply, we would be able to redesign for it. If this CrapasUsual is using WW2 as a reference, we went from props to jets and from dumb bombs to cruise missiles.

War, the mother of invention.
edit on 27 2 2017 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I´m not saying that the technology will be ditched in a future war I said in one of the first post I made in this thread that would have to be a balance between technology level, efficiency in the battle field and ability to replace and produce.

I don´t see any of these possible with the level manufacture complexity and cost of the f-35 and equally sophisticated war machines we are developing today, thus, my argument was and is, these will be great in the first 6 months then we will revert to lower tech easier to build, cheaper war machines.

Talking of planes, possibly something like this:
www.bbc.com...

Or maybe like this:
en.wikipedia.org...

But there are many other cheap jets that fall into what I´m pointing here.

Not that these new, wartime built machines don´t use science advancements, they just wont be equaly sophisticated as the most sophisticates machines we are building now.

Which proves that we are misusing resources by investing in machines like the f-35 f-22, b-2 and so on.

edit on 27-2-2017 by CrapAsUsual because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

Any plane that we will fly in a war falls into that category, unless we go back to P-51s and A-1s. All current aircraft are incredibly complex and sophisticated at the level you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It would cost a fortune and would take some time to fire up but nothing can't be mass produced. Arguably it was more difficult to mass produce machines that were equally complex for their time back in the 40s. Like back then though there would be changes made to simplify and speed up the process.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join