It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple sclerosis... M.S. what it is, and how we deal with it

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I am so sorry you have MS. I've known several people with MS including my brother-in-law. One thing I didn't see mentioned here is the role Epstine-Barr Virus has in activating MS and other diseases. EBV is first presented as Infectious Mononucleosis, or Mono or the kissing disease. Most everyone gets Mono as a teen. Although the virus stays in the body until the body is stressed and EBV is reactivated. Much like chicken pox virus can trigger shingles.
EBV is known by the medical community to cause MS, Lymphomas, and many other conditions. My best friend's sister has MS triggered by EBV. Her doctors suggested she take L-Lysine supplements. Same friend's brother died of a ruptured spleen from Mono. From what I understand genetics play a major roll in what EBV does to the body.
I have many sourses if you want them. I did a lot of research on EBV when it reactivated in my body.
Prayers, good vibes and all that stuff sent your way.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

No apology needed!
I get flustered from trying to talk about that time in my life because it was hectic, though meaningful to me.

I'm excited that duck eggs have such a therapeutic effect on MS! I am so glad you shared that info with me and to me it is important that your ducks are eating non-gmo feed.
I remember reading about a family with a son that was having health issues, the minute they changed their diet of bread from the store to making their own with non-gmo/organic grain, he started feeling better.
I believe in the power of Mother Natures ability to heal, especially when it is the least tampered with.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrsPStudge

I am so sorry you have MS. I've known several people with MS including my brother-in-law. One thing I didn't see mentioned here is the role Epstine-Barr Virus has in activating MS and other diseases. EBV is first presented as Infectious Mononucleosis, or Mono or the kissing disease. Most everyone gets Mono as a teen. Although the virus stays in the body until the body is stressed and EBV is reactivated. Much like chicken pox virus can trigger shingles.
EBV is known by the medical community to cause MS, Lymphomas, and many other conditions. My best friend's sister has MS triggered by EBV. Her doctors suggested she take L-Lysine supplements. Same friend's brother died of a ruptured spleen from Mono. From what I understand genetics play a major roll in what EBV does to the body.
I have many sourses if you want them. I did a lot of research on EBV when it reactivated in my body.
Prayers, good vibes and all that stuff sent your way.

They looked at that with me, but I blew every power curve that they have... no kidding. I was one of two reported cases of Lyme Disease in the state of Indiana in 1998. I got West Nile virus in Kentucky in 1999.

I do believe that EBV plays a role in MS (I tested positive for EBV back in the early 90s, during a flight physical...) I never gave it a second thought until my MS diagnosis, decades later.

I knew the Epstine-Barr virus was indicated as the source of Chronic-Fatigue Syndrome; I had never heard of its relationship to MS...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Yes it has a link to chronic fatigue, but also to so many other diseases too. Including MS, Parkinson's, etc. I have no idea why people aren't informed of this. EBV is a very dangerous virus. The other cancers that it causes are so rare the person isn't correctly diagnosed in time to save their life. I believe they are working on a vaccine but they are in no rush.
It might help to have your doc do an EBV panel to see if your numbers are still high.
There are many supplements including L-Lysine that are recommended , but I forgot the names except that one.
I know I'm new and you don't know me, but I'm throwing this out... If you ever need anything, let me know and I'll do my best to help.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
madmac, I love your sense of humor! Cats are amazingly therapeutic! They make us smile and laugh and feel loved and comforted. I have a love bug of a Siamese and he is just amazing! He has helped me through some rough times.

I would love to see your ducks and other animals if you can find some pics.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrsPStudge

Yes it has a link to chronic fatigue, but also to so many other diseases too. Including MS, Parkinson's, etc. I have no idea why people aren't informed of this. EBV is a very dangerous virus. The other cancers that it causes are so rare the person isn't correctly diagnosed in time to save their life. I believe they are working on a vaccine but they are in no rush.
It might help to have your doc do an EBV panel to see if your numbers are still high.
There are many supplements including L-Lysine that are recommended , but I forgot the names except that one.
I know I'm new and you don't know me, but I'm throwing this out... If you ever need anything, let me know and I'll do my best to help.

I am always open to advice... anything that makes this crap better, makes my life better. That is truth. For me, what works is very clean eating (no GMO, no pesticides, no hormones... just clean grains, and the occasional sardines for the ducks.)

The eggs our birds produce are the best you can get. It gets no fresher than that. We average a dozen jumbos a day... when spring hits we should get 18 a day... plus 4-6 duck eggs. Of our 13 ducks, only two are drakes. We have 8 that are laying age, and 3 juvie hens.

Our youngest is a female mallard that I call "Doc" (NCIS reference)

"Doc" is my perimeter alarm. She is a tiny little duck, but she has the biggest mouth, the loudest quack, and she is the undisputed alpha bird. She can also smell a coyote or wolf hundreds of yards off... a good trait for a bird up here in bigfoot land.

edit on 18-2-2017 by madmac5150 because: My ducks are assholes

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
madmac, I love your sense of humor! Cats are amazingly therapeutic! They make us smile and laugh and feel loved and comforted. I have a love bug of a Siamese and he is just amazing! He has helped me through some rough times.

I would love to see your ducks and other animals if you can find some pics.

He can truly be a little a-hole... but, when I have a bad day, the little rat is right there with me. He always has been. That fact, along with being really cute, is why he is still alive

Or so I tell him....

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
MS sucks. I knew a couple of people who had it. One is dead and the other one is getting worse. I know some people who are supposed to have it, diagnosed by the doctors, but they changed their diet and they are not progressing much at all if any. They did not get much better, but they seem somewhat better than they were. I never asked them what they did, but a few doctors told them what would help and they did that and learned more through research. It was all diet, I don't think it was any supplements except maybe a multivitamin or something like that. They may be taking something more, I really have not asked them what they have changed.

I eat a lot of bone soups, made with different kinds of meat. Chicken and beef, and of course ham bones.

They work great for me and seem to be very anti-inflamatory, but I don't know for sure if they would treat MS. By what I have read it seems to me they should, especially cartilaginous beef soup bone soup. There are quite a few articles out there that say bone broth helps with MS, but I cannot say for sure it does. I do not have MS so I can't test if it works and I am sure the Pharma companies are not going to test if bone broth stops MS

The Myelin sheath is made of a higher concentration of the elastin binding protein, a protein only made by certain microbes. no animal can make it and no plant can make it. You will find this protein in people's muscles, it gives elasticity to the muscles and also in the skin. Now, altering the diet of the cows changes their rumen flora and these microbes do not live there, so the cows meat is more tender.

I wonder if this elastin binding protein can actually trigger the response if the immune system goes amuck. So just consuming some of this protein might give the immune system something to fight instead of eating the myelin sheath. Jello has a lot of this present in it too. I like Jello.

Now, the heart and intestines also use this protein, if there is a deficiency, they will rob it from areas of high concentration, the skin will get less elastic and it could take it from the Myelin sheath, to accomplish this it would have to utilize the immune system. It would appear as if our immune system would be messing up. Also, it would be robbing the protein from the muscles to keep the heart and circulatory system going.

These are some possible ideas of what may be going on. I have no way of researching it this is possibly happening.

After re-reading your post, I really wonder if duck eggs are high in myelin. It would certainly explain a lot....

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

My mother had MS. I remember when I was a kid watching her go from a cane to a walker to a wheelchair inside of a year. It happened fast. It took her at a young age. You don't ever forget sh!t like that.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Whatever the cause of MS, once the disease is started, it eventually enter a phase where the damages produce further progression even if the original cause is removed. The effects of this disease begin to be the cause.

After many years of experiments and observations, we developped some sort of a method that even if it is not the cure have so much slowed down the progression that we consider it being practically halted.

At first we tried the "conventional" medicine (interferon, chemo, ...) nothing worked, just tons of secondary effects. Maybe corticosteroid helped during a relapse but the progression was unchanged.

Then we entered the phase where we searched for alternative treatments on internet, tried a lot of things like special diets ... Nothing really worked. I was unconvinced of any seriousness in things like guts permeability theories, but we tried it. No gluten diet, we tried everything, again no significant results apart the usual placebo effect that never last long.

Then due to unfortunate combination of events, we had to stops all medications and especially muscular relaxant and pain meds. Around this time we began a high fat diet on the purpose of inducing ketosis for its neuroprotection effects, then we began to see that the pain associated with MS, in our case peripheral neuropathy, could be reduced and sometime could go away completely without any pain meds at all !!! We believed at first that the ketogenic diet was the cause, but the pain intensity was variable and modulated by something else, even when we were into a severely controlled ketosis.

Then came a long process of trying to understand what was modulating this pain in a well controlled and repeatable ways. My theory was that the pain is a direct indicator that there is an active process of neurological damage ongoing. The result of many years of experiment at finding the cause of this pain was shocking, I would never have believed it myself, too improbable, too unexpected. But that was the only conclusion possible since it is completely repeatable. I did not yet understant the biochemicals process involved but I have a couples theories.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cofactor

Whatever the cause of MS, once the disease is started, it eventually enter a phase where the damages produce further progression even if the original cause is removed. The effects of this disease begin to be the cause.

After many years of experiments and observations, we developped some sort of a method that even if it is not the cure have so much slowed down the progression that we consider it being practically halted.

At first we tried the "conventional" medicine (interferon, chemo, ...) nothing worked, just tons of secondary effects. Maybe corticosteroid helped during a relapse but the progression was unchanged.

Then we entered the phase where we searched for alternative treatments on internet, tried a lot of things like special diets ... Nothing really worked. I was unconvinced of any seriousness in things like guts permeability theories, but we tried it. No gluten diet, we tried everything, again no significant results apart the usual placebo effect that never last long.

Then due to unfortunate combination of events, we had to stops all medications and especially muscular relaxant and pain meds. Around this time we began a high fat diet on the purpose of inducing ketosis for its neuroprotection effects, then we began to see that the pain associated with MS, in our case peripheral neuropathy, could be reduced and sometime could go away completely without any pain meds at all !!! We believed at first that the ketogenic diet was the cause, but the pain intensity was variable and modulated by something else, even when we were into a severely controlled ketosis.

Then came a long process of trying to understand what was modulating this pain in a well controlled and repeatable ways. My theory was that the pain is a direct indicator that there is an active process of neurological damage ongoing. The result of many years of experiment at finding the cause of this pain was shocking, I would never have believed it myself, too improbable, too unexpected. But that was the only conclusion possible since it is completely repeatable. I did not yet understant the biochemicals process involved but I have a couples theories.

While I may respect your science and your studies, and all of your grant monies spent on your science, and your studies...

Unless you actually have the disease, you have no true understanding.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

While I may respect your science and your studies, and all of your grant monies spent on your science, and your studies...

Very nice way to deride me. I admire your imagination, really...

Unless you actually have the disease, you have no true understanding.

I have a lot of understanding on the subject, theorical and practical, for sure you can believe me on that!!!

If you have experience with M.S., or can recommend helpful therapies... I am all ears...

Thanks for making me wasting my time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join