It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside The Super Human World of the Ice Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wim Hof has held several guinness world records for his ability to withstand extreme cold temperatures. Which in itself is pretty amazing. Yet he makes the further claim that he can train anyone else in his method of building up resistance to the cold.

His method involves a combination of a type of breathing similar to to tumo breathing and gradual exposure to the cold that is increased over time.

His breathing involves learning to rapidly breath for sets of 30 counts exhaling completely and holding the breath for as long as possible then inhaling, and holding for a count of 15 and repeating this until you are able to hold your breath for longer periods of time.

In addition to the breathing exercises over the days you expose yourself to the cold for brief periods of time. It’s not recommended to do something extreme like jump in a frozen pond.
Instead you begin by taking cold showers each day and try to increase the time you are exposed to the cold. Then as you progress you advance your cold exposure to something like an ice bath.

Wim Hof has claimed that through his technique a person is able to tap into their autonomic nervous system and learn to do incredible things with their body.

However the most earthshaking effect of the Wim Hof Method is the ability to consciously control the immune system to fight off diseases. Our immune system plays a significant role in almost all devastating diseases plaguing the modern world, and finding a way to improve it can help us discover new avenues for medicine.

The Wim Hof Method Revealed

Vice Has an excellent documentary on Wim Hof which is how I first became aware of him

* DISCLAIMER* I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE DO THIS UNLESS THEY CONSULT A DOCTOR AND KNOW THE RISKS INVOLVED*

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I've read about that guy before, pretty cool (pun intended) stuff.

The human body is an amazing machine capable of astounding things. Mostly it's the whole mind of matter thing.

You are in charge of your body, it does what you tell it to do. Not the other way around. Most people can't get past the pain or how tired they are, but once you break through that mental block, you'd be surprised at what you can accomplish.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Our bodies are capable of much more than generally accepted. This guy seems like one 'cool dude' pun intended.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gription

yeah I would like to meet him if I had a chance he seems pretty inspiring.

top topics

join