It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook’s Zuckerberg Releases 6,000 Word Pro-Globalism Manifesto

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
His manifesto is contained in the link. It seems like face book is the solution to all the worlds flaws and mis givings.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, all problems become a nail.

In a nearly 6,000 word manifesto, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg made the case for using Facebook to save the world—through globalism.

Everything is a community, and it is written from a perspective of someone who will never ever worry about a paying a medical bill of replacing a starter on a car.
I wonder how a civically engaged community can be "engaged" if the information they get is censored?
Inclusive community is gong to allow citizens world wide to participate in community governance.
    wearechange.org...
  • Supportive Communities Building a global community that works for everyone starts with the millions of smaller communities and intimate social structures we turn to for our personal, emotional and spiritual needs.
  • Safe Community As we build a global community, this is a moment of truth. Our success isn’t just based on whether we can capture videos and share them with friends. It’s about whether we’re building a community that helps keep us safe — that prevents harm, helps during crises, and rebuilds afterwards.
  • Informed Community The purpose of any community is to bring people together to do things we couldn’t do on our own. To do this, we need ways to share new ideas and share enough common understanding to actually work together.
  • Civically-Engaged Community Our society will reflect our collective values only if we engage in the civic process and participate in self-governance.
  • Inclusive Community Building an inclusive global community requires establishing a new process for citizens worldwide to participate in community governance. I hope that we can explore examples of how collective decision-making might work at scale.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It may be time to de-Facebook my life.

Why support the likes of him?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
...and when civilisation collapses this guy is roadkill

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I TL;DR this manifesto.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So this is how he's going to try and pass off his Orwellian censorship, spying on his customers and an orchestrated disinformation campaign.

Facebook will be going the way of MySpace before long. Nobody has that anymore.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

It may be time to de-Facebook my life.

Why support the likes of him?

I haven't been on since late last year, I went from multiple posts a day (and over 1600 friends, I only add people I actively know in real life) to cold turkey with no withdrawal symptoms. I don't even miss it.

I don't trust anyone who automatically friends everyone on Facebook...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

word with friend is not that important to my life.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Go jump off a cliff Zuckerturd.

We don't need a thief.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

He may have lost touch with reality. FB is very popular and is going strong. But it is not going to be the end all to conflicts and problems around the world.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This shouldn't even surprise anyone.

Globalism is awesome if you're in the 1%. For the rest of us ... forget it, there is no rest of us in their eyes. We're no better than the livestock, less even. Livestock at least have to be rresponsibly managed and kept healthy in order to be of real benefit.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Makes me feel good that I've never had a facebook.

I've never supported Agent Zuck.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Tis is what I read it as. . . . . .

◾Supportive Communities - Forced labor. Communism.
◾Safe Community - Removing freedoms.
◾Informed Community - Controlling the information.
◾Civically-Engaged Community - Mob rule.
◾Inclusive Community - Thought police.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A Global union of people who are all alike will and can't ever happen. Nature will see to that. The best functioning and most peaceful amount of people is around the 150 mark, everything above that and crime, hatred and other undesirable human traits manifest themselves.
Not to mention the FACT that we NEED to belong to groups that differentiate themselves from others as we are herd animals and are by nature driven to form clusters, as it is safer and more manageable [see 150 limit].

These clusters will form even if we all looked the same and wore the same clothes and were brought up the same way [we'd go by intellectual differences or personal tastes or other things]. And as it stands we are all as different as we come.

It is utterly impossible to go against nature, it is hardwired in us. Only a hipster mind [or politician] who has never experienced any 'real' life will spout such utopian nonsense.

There is no eternal peace for the human race as even if we were all similar, there would be rebels, nutters, liars and sadists born that will feck it all up.

A seemingly peaceful global community could only be reached by using extremely inhumane methods [!] and therefore be a sham as it would be hell on earth.

The only way for us to get along is to accept our differences, let us have our countries where we can practice what we are used to and make those that want to live with us respect and follow the way of each community [country].

Teach children that we can all be friends despite and because of our differences. And that it is not necessary to love everyone the same just to be respectful.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I heard about this on NPR. "Zuckerberg expressed fears that people with anti-globalist sentiments are disconnecting from Facebook and social media"

I hate this man and the things he stands for. He's a thieving twit with a superiority complex (like many others who are educated and/or wealthy).

Zuckerberg, bite me bro! You suck!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Tis is what I read it as. . . . . .

◾Supportive Communities - Forced labor. Communism.
◾Safe Community - Removing freedoms.
◾Informed Community - Controlling the information.
◾Civically-Engaged Community - Mob rule.
◾Inclusive Community - Thought police.

Chairman Mao would be proud.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Ummm...I'm glad I never had a presence on that particular social media site...

ATS is about all the social media I can stomach...and sometimes even ATS is too much of a...thing...

Zuckerberg can...suck a berg...and I hope he gets brain freeze...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well Zuckerberg is a full blown commie.

Or if you prefer BORG.

IF zuckerberg truly wants to make the world a better place give all your money away, and make your stock free.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I agree with the opinions here. He is sitting in a controlling position, for now.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yep, Narc Zuckerberg at it again.

This guy is the GD plague.

Mark wants to start a program that controls what is fake science as well.

Mark has openly offered law enforcement warrant-free surveillance of all his users.

The courthouse back in my home state has an entire room set aside in their basement for monitoring social media sites.

Let's make a quick assessment of the recent negative effects FB has had on the country, with riots and petty garbage, partisan race baiting and censorship, then spread the disease across the planet.

If you have Facebook Messenger, which they force on phone users, when they want to respond to messages on FB, you have signed up to have your microphone activated and everything in it's range saved to a server for later analyzing.
The agreement is "lawyered" into the T&C's, check it out.

This spying is also being done on the cheap kindle versions that don't even use a microphone for any other functions.

Facebook is a trap, get out while you can.
Class action lawsuits are warranted in this privacy case.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's all good scro, Facebook obviously didn't learn much from Yahoo, Aol, Myspace, Walled Gardens are well self defeating.

When you try to control your audience and force them to stay on your site no matter what, you end up making your site the problem, not to mention boring.

Yes, facebook is boring, mainly because you can only handle other people's opinions so much even if they are aligned with your own. As Humans we crave fresh changes, that sure isn't coming from facebook, It's mainly a place to advertise, either your business, your opinion or your new such and such you want to show off to everyone else in hopes they envy you and press that all too important like.

I wonder how many times we could of gone to the moon, mars and back if we instead of focusing on sports and entertainment mediums we focused on solving you know " real world " problems.

But no, we are all to focused on making a dollar which doesn't really mean solving those real world problems, if there isn't any profit model in place.

Yahoo was so big not because of it's email, but because of it's chat rooms believe it or not. Because of those chat rooms, many used their email and much more. Then the bots came in and instead of trying to solve that issue, they eventually let the chatroom go and funny enough they started to crumble that was in 2005 and they said it was because of some of their rooms being used for promoting sex with minors when it was the bots that caused most of the issues.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join