It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jullian Assange In some serious trouble after CIA leaks.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If I had to put money on it, I'd say the same. He's full of it. But you never know.

Maybe he has some sweet stuff stashed away. If he does, I'd like to see it.

a reply to: Hazardous1408

I thought he was wanted in the US as well, for his part in the Manning leaks.

Not sure though.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
and the beat oops sorry farce goes on - why is mr assange so desperate to evade sweden ?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
and the beat oops sorry farce goes on - why is mr assange so desperate to evade sweden ?

I think it's rape accusations.

But, don't think he was charged.

Been a while since I researched him.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: introvert
Well, this will be a put-up or shut-up moment for Assange.

We've been hearing for years about "insurance" mechanisms he had in place in case of murder or imprisonment.

Guess we will see if was telling the truth or if he was full of it.

I'm going with full of it.

You would, he dethroned your queen.

Perhaps you've just met me. I was a Bernie supporter.

Wikileaks has been a pretty reliable source of information we aren't supposed to know, but SHOULD know.

Unless of course, you can disprove any of it.

This has nothing to do with my guess that Assange is just talking out his ass about having contingency plans in case his asylum falls through.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So leaks, now bad...
Or good, or fake... so much selective truths these days its hard to keep up

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta
"...after the start of our government".
And is the opposition leader definitely heading for office, or is this all hypothetical?

link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

His story line is that the allegations in Sweden, for which he's not been charged, are just a front to get him to the US. Supposedly there was a warrant issued by a secret grand jury. He may actually be in some hot water on the Manning issue. It is not illegal in the US to print classified material as long as you didn't not participate in its being obtained, or are not divulging it yourself based on your security clearance. However, if you assist someone, or encourage someone to violate their security clearance, you are an accessory. The difference from Manning would be that it would be a civilian court in which he was tried.

link   
The battles lines are getting more refined.

He's signaling that the current French election will have issues.

that's a couple points the anti-establishment candidates in France. +2 to Le Pen.

All part of the massive russian conspiracy that is causing nationalism to sweep the western world. I cannot believe how outplayed Obama was, Pathetic. The Russians will install all of their nationalistic candidates. Whelp globalism

/sarc tag just in case.
edit on 17-2-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Equador's "Opposition Leader" isn't in the drivers seat.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: introvert

My guess is that he has a sh*tload of information that would only garner him more years behind bars...

But if he's looking at life imprisonment he will have to as you say, put up or shut up.

That said, I thought he was wanted in Sweden.
Not the UK or the US.

Maybe that will change.

The moment he leaves the embassy he will be on UK soil, the UK has an extradition treaty with Sweden so they will be honour bound to arrange his extradition. The US involvement is mainly from sites such as ATS for reasons of the various posters' own.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

What needs to happen here, is that all the liberty and freedom loving political activists in the UK, need to surround the building in numbers approaching the tens of thousands, so that the police cannot outnumber, or control the crowd, and they merely need to let him get lost in the crowd so that he can be spirited away to somewhere safe.

Yeah!!!! So, if he actually did or didn't commit what under Swedish law is a sexual crime you don't give a sh!t about because.............. you don't!

Grow up. And please, spare me the spluttering self righteous response.
edit on 17-2-2017 by uncommitted because: forgot to add the all important self righteous aspect.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

This has been known for awhile. Though Lasso isn't the favourite to win.. And by poll, Moreno is the favourite at the moment.. Its unlikely Lasso will win - unless shock horror - US IC meddles with the Ecuadorian elections..

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with my guess that Assange is just talking out his ass about having contingency plans in case his asylum falls through.

He definitely had plans when he started, and there's the various insurance file torrents out there. Intelligence by it's nature becomes worth less and less over time though. I think the real question to ask is if the information he can threaten to release right now, is actually worth anything.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

He definitely had plans when he started, and there's the various insurance file torrents out there. Intelligence by it's nature becomes worth less and less over time though. I think the real question to ask is if the information he can threaten to release right now, is actually worth anything.

Unless he has proof of aliens working with the government i think he is screwed.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I doubt Assange has anything that the government can't spin to be OK in the eyes of the citizens.

If the ME mess, economic problems and abuse by bankers hasn't lead to changes then almost anything can be covered. We haven't even had a decent 9-11 investigation.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

What needs to happen here, is that all the liberty and freedom loving political activists in the UK, need to surround the building in numbers approaching the tens of thousands, so that the police cannot outnumber, or control the crowd, and they merely need to let him get lost in the crowd so that he can be spirited away to somewhere safe.

If only Boris had bought some Water cannons for that exact reason. Oh he did.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I doubt Assange has anything that the government can't spin to be OK in the eyes of the citizens.

If the ME mess, economic problems and abuse by bankers hasn't lead to changes then almost anything can be covered. We haven't even had a decent 9-11 investigation.

It's going to depend on who it involves. Back when Wikileaks started, dirt on Dick Cheney would have been worth a lot. Up until November, Hillary information could command a premium. Something on Trump right now could carry some weight, or Ryan, or McConnel. What if what he had was on Reid though?

There's too many what if's involved, but I would say it's more likely than not, that most of Assange's secret US information is outdated now.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
The countdown to the mother of all dumps has begun?

As long as he doesn't need to access the internet to activate it. Then there could be issues again...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
If only Boris had bought some Water cannons for that exact reason. Oh he did.

C'mon, this is Boris, he bought the biggest waterpistols he could find, except he calls them squirty-bobs....

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I think it's rape accusations. But, don't think he was charged.

You are right. He has never been charged. It is a common practice used to smear whistleblowers..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join