It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unjust attack of Pewdiepie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Ever wanted a clear example of fake news? Look no further!

YouTube star and comedian famous for videoing himself playing video games or comedic skits has came under recent attack from the media all for a video where he paid people on "Fiverr" to hold up signs with “Death to all jews” and even got "Jesus" to say “Hitler did nothing wrong” .

Now at first glance (with no context) it looks pretty bad and for that reason the media (more specifically theWall Street Journal) ran with these clickbaiting titles and low context analysis.

Il do what they didn’t, and give you some context. “Fiverr” is a website where you can pay someone $5 to do whatever you want, they can refuse or accept. In order to see how far he could push the people of the website, he made a request for (low humor) Nazi jokes to be rather read out or put on signs.

Heres the video too!

Now its a bit of a goof, and definitely low humor but I like Pewdiepie and watch most of his videos, I didn’t see an issue with this particular video at all, it didn’t offend me, it wasn’t meant to be offensive, and was within the guidelines of the website. For me there was no issue!
But what backlash has this over exaggerated article caused?

Well…

Pewdiepie has lost his ties with not just Disney and his MCN Maker Studios, but his ad status on YouTube as well as his show Scare PewDiePie, which was wrapping up season 2 on YouTube’s Red network

This has potentially ended his career.

With all the hate groups in the world at the moment, BLM for example the media has chosen to demonize the innocent.
Sadly I believe this is a win for the leftist fake news media.

What do you guys think? Was this justified?

For reference heres a really quick video of BLM calling for the death of cops, which led to what? Yes DEATH OF COPS!

edit on 17-2-2017 by AMNicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

What is happening to America if I can't even pay people to say "death to all Jews" anymore?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

My son loves Pewdiepie. I like him too. He's made millions off his humor style and his personality. Profiting off popularity is a huge risk prone to the bottom falling out. He's smart, he made a gamble knowing the risks. If he falls he has no one to blame but himself.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Considering Judaism is an Abraham religion, who's people have been killing in the name of God throughout recorded history(including each other), I cannot really see the problem with the joke in question.

Some people I suppose just refuse to accept the ironic nature of the joke, generally the organised religious politically correct type.

edit on 17-2-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This is news? I agree--this was stupid but this guy took chances-and it may not still be paying off. Not the end of the world and certainly not worth concern. He was just an entertainer making a buck.

As you pointed out, we got bigger fish to fry-esp now.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Ok, I'll play.

I think this particular stunt would be akin to the local high school hoodlum and his friends, hanging out in the elementary school playground, picking out a young target, and saying "Hey kid, I'll give you 5 bucks to go yell "_insert offensive insult here_" at that person over there". And filming it to share with the world to laugh at.

In my opinion, it's not humor of any kind, low or otherwise.

I'm fair sick of the schoolyard bully type, tbh.

I am not easily offended, btw. But I am sick to death of modern 'culture'. It's a train wreck.

Lol, I gave you a star and flag for giving me the chance to vent : )

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Disney and MCN are private entities, if they want to withhold sponsorship that is their prerogative. When Black Lives Matter has a corporate sponsorship your comparison would be more apples to apples.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
And the black lives matter movement can call for the death of white people and that's just fine ... the world is one big joke

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

It's not fake news, it happened. Fake news would mean it was made up.

I like PewDiePie. However, he should have known better. He lost money from Disney, he lost a show on YouTube's new paid service, some of his regular videos were stripped of ad revenue.

It won't cost him his career, he is a multi millionaire with a robust following.

He should have thought about what people he is in business with might think before he did this.

edit on 17-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I agree! Any private entity or any entity for that matter has the right to refuse partnership or deals with anyone!

My argument is against the media who used out of context information in order to slander an individual who made a school yard joke with absolutely no intent for offence!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

"the world is one big joke"

Quite, and if you did not laugh you would bloody cry.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

For one he lives in the UK,

But I feel some sarcasm in your reply.

Can we agree that these jokes are protected under freedom of speech?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Fake news in this context refers to the media taking something completely out of context to the point where there final conclusion is fake. Manifested by their false presumptions.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks
a reply to: eNumbra

For one he lives in the UK,

But I feel some sarcasm in your reply.

Can we agree that these jokes are protected under freedom of speech?

They are protected under freedom of speech if the government attempts to shut you up. Not if Youtube does.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Yes i believe this is news, sorry.

The media has demonized a famous icon in the YouTube world, for reasons that are completely false and fabricated.

The outreach on YouTube has been that largest ive ever seen, with nearly every youtuber giving their thoughts on the matter. This is not only a matter of political correctness, but gives a perfect example of the hysteria of the left.

Oh but guys, this aint news! lets just let the media attack peoples careers and not say a word!

Bye.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Not what i asked.

Do you agree he had the right to say what he said?

If we can agree on that then we can discuss whether,

1. The media has the right to create false allegations
2. Is then the media given protected speech or do they have a unspoken right to give the truth.
3. Should PewDiePie have the right to sue for false slander?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Fake news in this context refers to the media taking something completely out of context to the point where there final conclusion is fake. Manifested by their false presumptions.

It's entertainment news and it was reported. I read the entire Variety article. I couldn't read the entire WSJ article, it appears I have gone over their 5x free views for the month. I did see his response on WSJ video, which WSJ ran in full. It describes the context. WSJ Video

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CantStandIt

I agree this is school yard type humor.

As you probably know, many of his videos posses this type of comedy.

But at what point is this bullying?

Its not that complex, he is made the hypothesis that you could pay people to do the most ridiculous thing for $5, and they did.

His theory was right.

This wasnt offensive or bullying, no more than me calling my gay friend a fag.

He doesnt care, Jews didnt care with this joke.

If everyone was less worried about being offended for people who arent offended we would have better relations between communities

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Not what i asked.

Do you agree he had the right to say what he said?

If we can agree on that then we can discuss whether,

1. The media has the right to create false allegations
2. Is then the media given protected speech or do they have a unspoken right to give the truth.
3. Should PewDiePie have the right to sue for false slander?

I agree, he can say it. But people he is in business with can choose to cut ties. I am sure they looked into it rather than just rely on the WSJ. They had a lot of revenue at stake as well.

1) I see no false allegations, I see a story about the events.
2) I don't see the media lying about this.
3) He can sue anyone he wants, for sure.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
If old Walt was alive do you think Disney would of still pulled out......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join