It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Healthcare? How about the right to free fishing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I guess fishing is only made possible through the magic of government?

Just to take my boat fishing.

One: Insure the truck.
Two: License plate fee for truck.
Three: License plate fee for boat trailer.
Four: Buy DNR stickers for boat.
Five: Buy fishing license from DNR.

The truck and trailer registrations are due at the first of the year.

Cannot get DNR boat sticker from the DMV.

The Fishing license is renewed in April?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Ouch , thats rough .
Over here is just cost of rod , reel , line , bait an beer no license required .

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Don't forget launch fees.

I feel your pain.

Try registering a motorized kayak. Heads explode in the state bureaucracy.
edit on 17-2-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Another great thing:
Fishing on the bottom off a charter in the ocean with a rod and reel.and being limited to a number that you can count on one hand, while a commercial trawler virtually cleans the bottom of all the fish.
edit on b000000282017-02-17T03:57:36-06:0003America/ChicagoFri, 17 Feb 2017 03:57:36 -0600300000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
There's no free healthcare.

It's like insurances: mutualize the risks; everyone pays a little and when you need help you get it.

It's not rocket science. It boggles my mind how some people still can't understand why this is a thing in most develop countries and why it's good.
edit on 17-2-2017 by ReyDebby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Anything to generate revenue for the state government. We could probably create a huge list of all the unneeded fees government generates to help pay for the high salaries for our "career" politicians. You would think these representatives would have concerns like us and restrain from putting unnecessary burden on us tax payers. Their lives simply don't reflect their constituents so they can't relate. Living on high salaries, great benefits, power and influence, they legislate for their own self-centered reasons, not for you or me.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I hate to have to be 'that guy', but technically, the equivalent would be demanding "free" seafood (which other people had to catch, clean, cook and serve to you [and then wash your dishes afterwards]), but carry on!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Just lol if you can't even comprehend the concept of taxes and keep yelling at the cloud to get rid of them.

Maybe just move to Sudan or something where there is no government using people's money to provide infrastructure and safety.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Agreed. In the mean time you could do what I do. Find a secluded spot and fish illegally. I only follow the laws I agree with and to hell with the rest. Been fishing and hunting all my life without a permit. Never once been caught.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Where you fishing?

In the UK you need a licence, but then again in the UK you need a licence for everything!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Arrrrg!! Why did you have to bring up Fishing for God's sake!?!
I was happy in my Winter no fishing time. The withdraws had eased up and I'd convinced myself I could get along without fishing for a few months.
By the way - If you like to go for catfish, shad gut is THE best bait. I don't care if your Uncle Joe has his soooper secret mystery bait, put a bit of shad gut on your hook, [ with a bit of side meat ] throw it in and Hang On. I fished the Ohio River, below the dam, around Uniontown Ky for decades and hauled in some of the biggest Blue Cats you'd ever want to fight on a rod and reel. Biggest was 58 lbs and if you don't think that's a big catfish, try fighting one that size. Took me 45 minutes to get him in. I fish from the bank and know where all the deep holes are in that area, so even if the water is low during the Summer, I can drop it right on their little heads.

FISH ON!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Free to fish here in South Australia as in no licence required . Sometimes there is a boat ramp fee but thats just the local council recouping the money they spent . In the east , at least victoria has a licence system that i know of .

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

Being in the UK, You know the Licence is only needed for Freshwater fish and migratory and non-migratory Trout and Salmon.

Sea fishing is free. Except the cost of bait an beer
edit on 17/2/17 by Ashishin_no1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
poor baby has to buy license plates and insurance for his vehicle

aaaaaaaw

nothing is free dude

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Where you fishing?

In the UK you need a licence, but then again in the UK you need a licence for everything!

Singapore / Malaysia found a few good spots to fish . They find other ways of getting our money over here .

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I get your point, but to be fair, you could catch a ride with a friend and fish from the shore instead of on a boat.

That narrows it down to just the fishing license, but I do agree that all of the licenses and fees listed are an affront to living in a "free" society.

At least here in KY there is no pole limit, and my son fishes for free until he's 16.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
poor baby has to buy license plates and insurance for his vehicle

aaaaaaaw

nothing is free dude

It is free for the taking, if one is so inclined.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I totally agree with you on this. It's crazy.

We live near a river/lake and to even go to the only accessible point and stand on the banks we have to pay a fee. And if we want to fish, it's a license we have to renew each year. And they do check, we have been at the river and been approached to check both fees for standing there and a license for fishing.

There is even a ACOE/DNR helicopter that patrols. A fricking helicopter

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ashishin_no1

Some states in the US require you to buy a saltwater fishing license. I believe that all of the states require a fishing license for freshwater, at least for adults that wish to fish.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hey, we get two free fishing weekends a year here in Michigan. I get a license anyway, even though I don't go fishing much anymore. I need to start taking my grandkids fishing. I have three boats and a canoe and haven't been out with them for years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join