It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But... its for Cancer...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Jesus Christ!

A knock at my door.

Some yuppie with bright blue hair and jeans down at his knees was just at my door. "Hello mate", he said, "my name is arse hole this is my friend, retard, who also needs a proper job, how are you?".

"Fine" i say also "not interested, bye".

Then i here him whimper..... "ohhh but its for cancer....".

I dont care if its for cancer, blind dogs, the homeless, erectile dysfunction or whatever other stupid charity has been stupid enough to pay you twenty bucks a night to knock on my door just to make me feel like a horrible human being for not giving you time to tell me about all the sick and dying you are trying to save. I DONT CARE.

So when this guy that's just distributed my nightly binge of ATS and funny YouTube videos after a day of actually looking after cancer patients then says "ohhh so yo don't care about looking after the terminally ill" that's going to piss me off.

I remained polite and just said, yup I am a horrible person bye, and closed the door.

This dick-head knocked on my door again. Actually he banged on my door. So I opened it and this time in a not so polite way told him if he banged on my door like that again he might find himself requiring medical attention (I am paraphrasing).

So now as i am typing out my little rant this dude is wandering round my street knocking on door no doubt pissing of the rest of the street.

I give to charity but i decide what charities i give to. I really detest these people whose job it seems to be to make us all feel like evil puppy beaters every time we don't start donating our money that is then used in turn to pay them to go knock on some other poor saps door.

Sorry just had to get that off my chest.
edit on 16-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Don't knock on your door. Got it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

If you bring whisky or money then go for it. Otherwise not. please dont.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Cold-calling and knocking on peoples' doors...

There's a special place in hell for people who do this.

Lately I've been getting hit with scam callers telling me I won a free resort vacation.

Worst that ever came to my door was a pair asking me to vote Hillary.

I had no shame answering the door in my underwear half-drunk

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You can knock on my door, but risk getting the same greeting as formerly mentioned
:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I had no shame answering the door in my underwear half-drunk

Wish I had done this.

just wearing socks, underwear and a hat.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If you bring whisky or money then go for it. Otherwise not. please dont.

Well now it's a challenge. Let's see how many people we can get to deliver whiskey straight to your doorstep. Let's turn this rant into a party!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
*Opens door with a giant knife in hand* "Excuse me young sirs, is there a proper reason for you interrupting my spiritual sacrifice?

Lol I'm morbid.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Most of our money donated for cancer goes to people who have really good incomes and it keeps their jobs going.

There are a few good organizations like Judes.that it helps to pay the costs of surgery and treatment.

I won't donate to cancer organizations anymore, from my research I found they could tell us basic principles on how to avoid getting cancer yet they give us BS for much of the nutrition and also they spend a lot of that money on finding drugs they can make money on.

Yes, if you get cancer you may need surgery or treatments. No, we do not need to get cancer, we are pushing improper chemistry into our bodies constantly, chemistry I feel could actually be created to weaken our immune systems or mess up our cellular communications. But you do not see much of that being discussed by medical science yet the information has already been found through scientific procedures. It takes about ten years to be accepted as true if it keeps in the publics eye. There is so much research out there that could be completed to stop these kinds of diseases, seems that they just do not allow more research to be done if they find something that can stop cancer from ever happening.

I give to vinnies sometimes, the local humane society, and the food banks.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have a sign on my front door that says " NO SOLICITING . NO EXCEPTIONS."
I don't discriminate..I just hate everyone ...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
As a matter of policy, I always say "No" to people at the door.
I now tell them so before they get started. Before I adopted this practice, a young lady from Macmillan's was getting very voluble about what "we" do,and started to get resentful when she couldn't get past my stubborn streak;
"You're just about the right age to be getting cancer yourself!"

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Once we had a couple of people from a certain religious sect roaming the neighborhood and bothering us almost every day for a week. Finally my husband answered the door with our pet Ball Python hanging on his shoulders. Never saw anyone jump back that fast. Never bothered us again.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
One of my absolute favourite pass times is wasting these peoples time

I don't care if it's in the street or a cold caller or on the phone I will just waffle on and on for as long as I can asking every question I can think of about their organisation and charity making myself look super interested then I just say no and walk off/hang up/ shut the door.
Great fun

Also just doing random stuff at the door like they don't exist is pretty entertaining to

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Greetings-

I usually just get the Jehovah's Witnesses. The last time there was a young Lady, older Lady holding the baby (they always have a baby) and a Man. They asked if I was interested in one of their comic books and I said "No, I'm a Taoist.." then the Man says "Last time We came to visit You were a Buddhist" I told Him "You're correct and in the time between I was a Jehovah Witness for a while.. You can't be ALL of them if You're just One of them..."

Sadly, no solicitors, and I'd welcome the verbal sparring...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

As a sufferer of inoperable cancer i tend to agree with the OP, i also deal with these people the same way, also the same way i deal with the religious cults that also knock ...... its a big "piss off" from me.

Only last week i was in a local supermarket and was approached by an Air Ambulance charity, no problem i said, digging my hand into my pocket full of £1 and £2 coins plus other change.

Them: "Sorry Sir, we don't have a donation tin or bucket"
Me: what? so why you asking me to support the charity?
Them: "it would be nice if you could donate monthly, can i take your bank card details?"
Me: I don't have a bank card
Them: "Really? so how have you just shopped"
Me: Cash, the only person in my household to hold a bank card is the wife, my choice
Them: "Yeah right"
Me: Nice, guess you don't want the cash then, bye

Me: walks away shaking head, also muttering under breath.

So!! since when did charity move from donation buckets and tins to Direct Debit?? what kind of strategy is that?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
So!! since when did charity move from donation buckets and tins to Direct Debit?? what kind of strategy is that?

I've been told that door-visiting agents are now legally forbidden to ask for cash. I suppose that would be protection against fraudulent individuals. If that is the case, it might apply to street agents as well.

Of course, this may be nonsense, and it may just be a way of securing a more regular income. I haven't checked.
edit on 16-2-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I had a similar experience a few years ago. A cocky little git. I told him not to knock on my neighbours door because it was 9.30pm, dark and she's 103 and it would frighten her. He did knock on her door which really made me angry. I chased him up the street. I telephoned the police and was told charities are supposed to inform them what areas they cover at night. Fortunately this charity had not and they picked him up and gave him a stern warning.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Makes sense i suppose, in the case of the street agent (Supermarket foyer in this instance) i would have thought they would have been vetted, after all, i don't think Sainsburys would allow any person to collect for charity in their main foyer, with banners and leaflets and such like, could be wrong

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

being asked to explain how i paid for my shopping wasn't what i expected and the resultant eye roll and "yeah right" facial expression didn't help the situation TBQH

top topics

join