It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to take breather from White House, hold rally this weekend

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Which one is it you double-speak liberals? Is he moving too fast or slouching off?

You can't even keep your stories straight.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

It reminds me of the "I need more blankets and less blankets" scene in Walk Hard the Dewey Cox story.

edit on 16-2-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: Byrd

He's got the MSM, the Establishment DEMS and the Establishment GOP on his ARSE...

President Trump was voted in by the PEOPLE... not the Establishment...

Actually, he wasn't. He was voted in by the Electoral College, as we all remember. And his popularity's been trending downward.

It's about AMERICA... not the Government

I doubt that. I think it's about HIM.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

He's got the MSM, the Establishment DEMS and the Establishment GOP on his ARSE...

Actually, he wasn't. He was voted in by the Electoral College, as we all remember. And his popularity's been trending downward.

Of course it is he knows that he has to keep his base motivated if he expects to accomplish anything. Without them the democrats could just block him at every turn. But if you have a base to say threaten senators reelections etc you have something to work with.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Of course it is he knows that he has to keep his base motivated if he expects to accomplish anything. Without them the democrats could just block him at every turn. But if you have a base to say threaten senators reelections etc you have something to work with.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
The way they act about everything he does, You'd think they'd be begging him to take a vacation. Nope not the case..

Ok that one did make me laugh suddenly.
Combine your humor with your avatar of the Gremlin and I need to make sure I'm not drinking something when I read your posts...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Actually, he wasn't. He was voted in by the Electoral College, as we all remember.

The Electoral College IS the People.

We have a Representative government for a reason.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

I think your assertion that concentrating on the details, rather than the big picture is an error, illustrates precisely the problem with America.

You are ABSOLUTELY wrong. Concentrating on the details is what makes the big picture worth looking at. Unless those details are filled in, the big picture conveys nothing, displays badly, lacks focus, quality. One does not have to believe that Clinton would have been better, to know that there was something very wrong with the Trump campaign, and is something very wrong with the Trump presidency so far.

And as for what he has done, undone.... the only things Mr Trump has successfully achieved, is getting one of his major measures thrown out twice, writing a series of executive orders which do not actually amount to anything, other than to set the dark, sinister tone of his presidency, and preside over the violation of the rights of people from certain faiths, nations, and gender identities.

You cannot excuse the presence of a monster, by saying that it was either this monster or that monster. Faced with two tyrants, the result should be two dead tyrants.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

For Citizen's democracy - this is really good. For media democracy - bad. For Democrats - catastrophic!

This sort of engagement with roots of this country is really needed now, when globalists and communists are running wild and trying to incite civil unrest, even civil war.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The election is over but this con man must have his ego constantly stroked.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
No big surprise here. I'm sure this will be a regular thing. His precious ego is gonna need some constant cheerleading and recharges from the 'everything Trump does is heavenly' crowd. I'm sure he is having a really hard time being called on his idiocy by the bulk of the populace (and world), fragile as that dude is.

"Everything is going to be so great it'll make your head spin"
"Yayyyyy, you're so smart!"

This is exactly what it is. He's discovering that his 24/7 facetime with the public isn't as much fun as shrieking crowds of starry-eyed fans. He needs to be reminded of how important he is. If it was anyone else, we'd call it "inappropriate attention seeking"......

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
besides calling a kind of event that rejuvenates him a '2020 campaign stop'...

I submit that Trump and his private security which augments the Secret Service Unit surrounding him is getting tested---

the Intel-Agency friction being grumbled about by career intel personnel needs to-be-proven-to-be-dedicated & not disgruntled Obama-nistas who would be willing to have a 'lapse-in-security' at a public event

Trump also needs to taunt the 'black-shirt army' of 30k which are loyal Obamists in over 250 locations in all 50 states operating under the cover of OFA: Organizing for Action (OFA) is a nonprofit 501(c)4 organization and community organizing project that advocates for the agenda of former U.S. President Barack Obama

the meet-up/& speech at the airplane hanger will be used to promote the economy- and juice the new policy statements...and secret monitoring of the social-media chatter.... and on-site activity of 'Activists-Against-Trump' (re: facial recognition programs) and principally seek out the 'black shirts' of OFA who are commanded from the Obama Bunker at Kalorama Kompound up in DC, some 2 miles from WH

.... Well, at least from what I heard from the street both here on the beach and from sources up in the NC mountains areas
edit on th28148725371416012017 by St Udio because: added jibber-jabber

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

For Citizen's democracy - this is really good. For media democracy - bad. For Democrats - catastrophic!

This sort of engagement with roots of this country is really needed now, when globalists and communists are running wild and trying to incite civil unrest, even civil war.

What a preposterous and surpassingly ridiculous statement.
*smh*

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
More interaction with the people is good. I don't see what this has to do with a 2020 run. It is fairly normal for political leaders in other parts of the world to give speeches directly to large audiences of people. Go right past the bias and spin of the media establishment.

Going to wait and see what he talks about personally.
Interaction? I think you need a dictionary my friend. He is talking, or giving a speech. Interaction is definitely NOT going to happen.
edit on 16-2-2017 by Rookseven because: I'm a grammar freak

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Actually, he wasn't. He was voted in by the Electoral College, as we all remember.

The Electoral College IS the People.

We have a Representative government for a reason.
Wrong. The Electoral College are the people's representatives. The people are the people. Or, to put it in political terms, the people are the Popular Vote!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

You cannot excuse the presence of a monster, by saying that it was either this monster or that monster. Faced with two tyrants, the result should be two dead tyrants.

Yet you believe in and support royal families?
Like thinking that there's a bloodline that is superior to the rest of everyone else by virtue of their caste and inherit exclusive privileges and given social distinction?

If you don't believe in that, you should probably focus on the tyranny of monarchies and why they are certainly not and never can be the "liberty" you claim to know all about before you come telling Americans, who fought a war to liberate themselves from exactly that, about how their elected officials are tyrants.

And I haven't seen him violate anyone's rights yet, you're wrong about all of what you said.

You should devote your time to overthrowing the monarchy and freeing yourself from tyranny.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I believe in the monarchy we have here in the British Isles, because that monarchy is basically a tourism scheme at this point, working very well for my country, and earning the taxpayer far more money than it costs to maintain. In any other circumstance, I would object strongly to any leadership over the many, by the few.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You have not seen Trump denying people their rights, because you do not care about the rights of the people he has done it to. You do not believe in their rights, and for all I know, you do not believe in their personhood either.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
mar a lago is probably a much nicer place to take a foreign dignitary too than camp david is.

given the choice of going to camp david, in the middle of a forest in Maryland in the winter or going to a beach resort in florida I would chose the beach resort.
edit on 16-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
the protest will be bigger than the rally. donald trump and his supporters will use the protest to vilify the opposition, look for trump and his snowflake minions to take to twitter and demand that the free speech of the protesters be silenced because their free speech is being silenced.

boo hoo trumps snowflakes will be triggered in to more fear, divisiveness and hatred.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join