It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Backs Away from Commitment to Palestinian State

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Reuters
In the first face-to-face meeting between the two leaders since Trump’s victory in the 2016 presidential election, the Republican president backed away from a U.S. commitment to eventual creation of a Palestinian state, upending a position embraced by successive administrations and the international community.

"I'm looking at two states and one state, and I like the one both parties like," Trump told a joint news conference with Netanyahu. "I can live with either one."

Trump vowed to work toward a peace deal between Israel and Palestinians but said it would require compromise on both sides and up to the parties themselves ultimately to reach the terms of any agreement. But he offered no new prescription for achieving an accord that has eluded so many of his predecessors.

There's a clear winner. Trump has Bibi's back. Israel has faced an uphill battle over the past 8 years. Looks like the ground is at least leveling out under their feet these days.

Trump told him: “I'd like to see you pull back on settlements for a little bit.”

The news is making this out to be a thing, but I'm hearing Trump's words, "Pull back a little bit." which sounds more like, "Take your foot off the gas for a minute."

Now, I've never really liked this map ...
...It makes it look like Palestine owned that land at one time, but it does serve a couple of distinct purposes.

1. The Jews really are taking control.
2. Don't ever get involved in a World War and pick the wrong side. The consequences can suck.

Prediction: The Palestinians will be exclusively confined to the Gaza Strip before Trump is done. Bibi will secure the whole of the West Bank during this time and it won't be yielded back to anyone ... short of war.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I thought his answer danced around the question brilliantly. In answer to "one or two state" question he said, the one they both want, whichever one they both want.

Netanyahu's constant condescending laughter in the background was childish and rude.

Edit: Don't worry, we're sworn to defend the Holy Land and the Chosenites. He'll stop laughing if they cut of the billions Israel gets every year. Probably resort to drawing cartoon bombs again.

They aren't 'taking control' of Palestine, they already reduced their population and their homeland, keep them all bottled in the largest open air prisons on the planet. What the Israelis have been practicing on the Palestinians is nothing short of genocide.

Cue the JDL
edit on 15-2-2017 by intrptr because: additional

edit on 15-2-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Netanyahu's constant condescending laughter in the background was childish and rude.

It, truthfully, came across to me as villainous. That laughter was 90% of the reason I put this thread up on the boards.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Did you forget about me, Mr duplicity?

Apparently the Palestinians can get the hell out of the promised land. The Zionists want it all, and they want it now.

No two state solution for you.

As for the map, yep it turns my stomach also, but then Palestine was just a figment of the Treaty of Versailles' imagination. Actually, the Arabs were sold out after assisting the Allies in pushing the Turks out of the region during WWI. They were promised a country called Arabia, but when it came to the settling of the lands during said treaty, they were duped and France & Britain cut a large slice for themselves and the rest to cronies that would suit their purpose.

edit on 15/2/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: Text

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: intrptr

It, truthfully, came across to me as villainous. That laughter was 90% of the reason I put this thread up on the boards.

A measure by control freaks to discredit someone, disrupt their speech and train of thought. Fine tightrope Trump walked there, maybe others will chime in how they thought he did.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Apparently the Palestinians can get the hell out of the promised land. The Zionists want it all, and they want it now.

Palestinians don't want a 2 state solution! They've had many chances and instead have chosen the "wipe israel off the map" solution.
edit on 15-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Palestinians don't want a 2 state solution! They've had many chances and instead have chosen the "wipe israel off the map" solution.

Oh yeah?

When?

Oh yeah, that's right, the Palestinian airforce has raised all the settlements to the ground, along with large swathes of Jerusalem.

Keep on keeping on dude, keep on keeping on.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Oh yeah?

When?

When what? When could they have had a 2 state solution? They've had many opportunities. Yasser Arafat got everything he wanted at the Camp David Summit and STILL turned it down.

www.nybooks.com...

"Ehud Barak portrays Arafat’s behavior at Camp David as a “performance geared to exact as many Israeli concessions as possible without ever seriously intending to reach a peace settlement or sign an “end to the conflict"

Oh yeah, that's right, the Palestinian airforce has raised all the settlements to the ground, along with large swathes of Jerusalem.

They elected a terrorist organization whose own charter says their goal is the erase Israel.

en.wikipedia.org...

The charter states that "our struggle against the Jews is very great and very serious" and calls for the eventual creation of an Islamic state in Palestine, in place of Israel and the Palestinian Territories, and the obliteration or dissolution of Israel.

edit on 15-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Israel was born out of Terrorism and in my opinion continue to be a Terrorist state.

Bibi has been around the forefront of Israeli politics since the mid 1990's and people have the nerve to call Putin out as a dictator.

Israel have encroached beyond her agreed borders, building settlements and annexing those areas, using it as an excuse to bring in the military. . Say what you like about Palestinians, I have eyes, I can see beyond the propaganda that the MSM serve up as News they are instructed to deliver.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Oh yeah?

When?

You seriously didn't ask when did you??

The two state solutiin has been the cornerstone of every peace deal since the 70s.They have been offered thus several times and declined several times first one they declined was the 1991 Madrid Conference. There followed the 1993 Oslo Accords and the failed 2000 Camp David Summit followed by the Taba negotiations in early 2001. In 2002, the Arab League proposed the Arab Peace Initiative. 5he last round was in 2013 2014 and again the hang up there was jarusalem being the Israeli capitol.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I love this. Israel has been abused long enough, let's at least make things neutral again.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Israel was born out of Terrorism and in my opinion continue to be a Terrorist state.

Ok just to be clear, you're abandoning your previous argument now that it;s been refuted and you're now going to justify terrorist actions against Israel and not accepting a 2 state solution? Got it.

Bibi has been around the forefront of Israeli politics since the mid 1990's and people have the nerve to call Putin out as a dictator.

Explain how the definition of dictator includes people who "have been on the forefront of politics" for a long time. Is this anything like opposing the left makes you a fascist?

Israel have encroached beyond her agreed borders, building settlements and annexing those areas, using it as an excuse to bring in the military.

I agree, but they are at war with a country whose stated goal is to wipe out Israel. For that reason, I don't blame them.

Say what you like about Palestinians, I have eyes, I can see beyond the propaganda that the MSM serve up as News they are instructed to deliver.

The Palestinians are canon fodder for the Islamic jihad. Their current territory is nothing but a beachhead. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the Palestinian people. On one side they are indoctrinated to be human fodder for the Islamic State, On the other they have a formidable enemy that has no choice but to fight back.

They should have agreed to a good peace when they had the chance. Alas, they elect terrorists as their leaders.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Oh yeah?

When?

You seriously didn't ask when did you??

The two state solutiin has been the cornerstone of every peace deal since the 70s.They have been offered thus several times and declined several times first one they declined was the 1991 Madrid Conference. There followed the 1993 Oslo Accords and the failed 2000 Camp David Summit followed by the Taba negotiations in early 2001. In 2002, the Arab League proposed the Arab Peace Initiative. 5he last round was in 2013 2014 and again the hang up there was jarusalem being the Israeli capitol.

Exactly. I didn't list them all because at Camp David they pretty much got everything they wanted and still turned it down. It's the perfect example of their lack of desire for peace.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Trump came across like a man startlingly out of his depth with little to no cognisance of the complexity of the situation or the history behind it. Am not sure if the rumours of him meeting Kissinger today turned out to be true but it's becoming clear he has Israeli hands up his arse using him as a sock puppet. While most presidents have been in their pockets this is the closest Israel has ever got to achieving what they want, totally on their terms.

So far every first world leader Trump has met with has steered him, put words in his mouth and cajoled him into looking like an absolute gimp.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Trump Backs Away from Commitment to Palestinian State

Good for l'Enfant Orange! *__-
One state!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What the Israelis have been practicing on the Palestinians is nothing short of genocide

Oh c'mon...... Is that why Palestinian population has almost doubled in the past 20 years?

No need to reply to this post - simply stop misusing the word 'genocide'.... thats all!

You're welcome

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

As a concept I support dumping the two state solution. Building on the existing status of the West Bank degree of self government would make sense. The West Bank could gain quasi Dominion status or become a regional state of Israel which would provide a lasting political solution. The people of Gaza would than face a choice between getting rid of Hamas and achieving lasting peace or more of the status qua. Can the Trump admin deliver on resolving the Middle East Peace Process? I am far from convinced the Trump admin won't unravel before any real progress can made on the international scene.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 15-2-2017 by xpert11 because: Gaza

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The other factor will be if all the parties involved chose to engage with the Trump admin or not. In light of the Trump admin having what appears to be a 2nd term scandal in the first 100 days the international community may just chose to sit out the next 4 years. If the next 4 years see's no improvement in the overhaul international situation the Middle East Peace Process may be the least of our problems.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

There is already a palestinian state its called Jordan. This is where the palestinians came from and this miracle occurred on june 4th 1967 where suddenly Jordanians were stripped of there citizenship and became palestinians. Prior to this they did not exist. This area has been called Israel since roman times.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Reuters
In the first face-to-face meeting between the two leaders since Trump’s victory in the 2016 presidential election, the Republican president backed away from a U.S. commitment to eventual creation of a Palestinian state, upending a position embraced by successive administrations and the international community.

"I'm looking at two states and one state, and I like the one both parties like," Trump told a joint news conference with Netanyahu. "I can live with either one."

Trump vowed to work toward a peace deal between Israel and Palestinians but said it would require compromise on both sides and up to the parties themselves ultimately to reach the terms of any agreement. But he offered no new prescription for achieving an accord that has eluded so many of his predecessors.

There's a clear winner. Trump has Bibi's back. Israel has faced an uphill battle over the past 8 years. Looks like the ground is at least leveling out under their feet these days.

Trump told him: “I'd like to see you pull back on settlements for a little bit.”

The news is making this out to be a thing, but I'm hearing Trump's words, "Pull back a little bit." which sounds more like, "Take your foot off the gas for a minute."

Now, I've never really liked this map ...
...It makes it look like Palestine owned that land at one time, but it does serve a couple of distinct purposes.

1. The Jews really are taking control.
2. Don't ever get involved in a World War and pick the wrong side. The consequences can suck.

Prediction: The Palestinians will be exclusively confined to the Gaza Strip before Trump is done. Bibi will secure the whole of the West Bank during this time and it won't be yielded back to anyone ... short of war.

Perhaps thats because he got shown the JFK assassination video of the SS people on the car being told to get off it and stand away from it.

From what I've read its become common for the TPTB to show that vid to all presidents since Nixon I think it is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join