It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's spies anonymously took down Michael Flynn. That is deeply worrying.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

At the same time though Trump was warned that Flynn was in a position that could lead to blackmail.

Unconfirmed too.

The Washington Post reported Monday that the Justice Department, led by then-Acting Attorney General Sally Yates, informed the White House last month that Flynn was not entirely forthcoming about the calls or their substance — opening him up to the possibility of blackmail by the Kremlin.

Yates also reportedly was concerned that Flynn could have violated the Logan Act of 1799, a rarely used law that bars unauthorized U.S. citizens from negotiating with foreign governments. However, a senior intelligence official told NBC News last week that there had been no finding that Flynn acted illegally.

No proof at all that Yates did anything.

WP disinfo

All of the "Yates" reports came out AFTER she was fired.

O'Gladio at work.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Question.

WHERE did the leaks go ?

The media.

Why didn't they take them to congress for a congressional hearing.

After all they were the people that confirmed Flynn.

Amazing how so many people are letting themselves get led around by the nose.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

It doesn't matter whether or not people like Trump or not.
When government agencies are undermining the US GOVERNMENT.
THAT'S A PROBLEM.
A big one.

...and what was your response when it was reported that foreign intelligence services were meddling in the recent election, and that Trump himself was encouraging them to do so?

For months I have been on record saying I don't believe the Russian False Flag snip.
But every one did watch on national television at the DNC convention where Trump's challenger marched out foreign nationals to get people to vote for her.

I am referring to reports that the Russians had hacked the DNC, and released information to Wikileaks that was detrimental to the Clinton campaign. So if I take a look, I won't find posts where you said it doesn't matter where they came from, as long as they exposed Clinton misdeeds, that was OK?
edit on 15-2-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Congress didn't confirm Flynn. National Security Adviser is one of the few positions that don't require a confirmation hearing. The information was brought to the person that hired him. Trump. He chose to ignore it until public backlash forced him to actually do something.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

THAT'S A PROBLEM.
A big one.

...and what was your response when it was reported that foreign intelligence services were meddling in the recent election, and that Trump himself was encouraging them to do so?

For months I have been on record saying I don't believe the Russian False Flag snip.
But every one did watch on national television at the DNC convention where Trump's challenger marched out foreign nationals to get people to vote for her.

I am referring to reports that the Russians had hacked the DNC, and released information to Wikileaks that was detrimental to the Clinton campaign. So if I take a look, I won't find posts where you said it doesn't matter where they came from, as long as they exposed Clinton misdeeds, that was OK?

They did ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

yea, and remember all the threads asking 'why should i hate Russia' ... why should we hate internal intelligence if they exposed something Flynn should NOT have done. if Flynn was not in the wrong why resign?

and this is all *if*; there are no conclusive evidence of either Russia tempering and leaks during the elections, nor are there proof of rogue cia agents releasing leaks personally on Flynn.
edit on 15-2-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So the only thing on Trump is government officials willingly to illegally leak their biased narrative? How are the leaks even credible?
edit on 15-2-2017 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Then why did the Obama Administration not say anything till 'after' he was out of office. For the good of the country? They argued they would not even tell Trump so this bs of Trump knowing and doing nothing is false.

This is turning out just like Corey Lewandowski. Trump stood behind him, he did nothing wrong on the end but he stepped down to allow the spotlight to be on him not Trump. Same thing here. Trump has fired people on the spot in the last year and half for doing things incorrectly or that he did not like.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Pretty much and the left is falling for it head over heels.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
The events leading to the resignation/firing of the National Security Adviser...and the shadowy figures behind it all...should be cause for grave concern for all citzens of the United States.

If Flynn didn't do anything illegal, and didn't lie to his boss, nobody could "take him down."

Should we be worried, because some shadowy figures have set it as their mission to root out the bad apples in the society?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Wikileaks did not get their information from Russia. However, the Obama Administration knew for years that the Russians were hacking the DNC and did...nothing? It is only important when it comes to Trump? Same intel agencies...
edit on 02pm28pmf0000002017-02-15T12:56:37-06:001237 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
People where happy when the fbi went after hillary days before the election, now its evil doers, dont change ats.
edit on 15-2-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

THAT'S A PROBLEM.
A big one.

They did ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Doesn't quite answer my question, does it?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Show me PROOF.

And not the word of leakers.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

flynn claims all he said was that the incoming DJ Trump administration would "review" the sanctions if they won the election. Not an illegal thing to say. But they won't publish the actual voice recording of the call, just that he said they'd remove sanctions.

This is all because Flynn has claimed that there are forces inside the Deep State that are pushing for war with Russia, that we supported a Neo-Nazi coup in Ukraine, to mess with Russia. That the "Orange Revolution" was financed by Soros, to set the stage for NATO/Russia war, or a toppling of the Putin regime.

Soros doesn't like Putin's finanical backing because they won't open Russia to Soros "investment" in their nation, and won't follow international banking law. So we're gonna nuke 'em.

Now Flynn is gone. So Trump should have no more trouble with the praetorian guard at CIA, right???

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

So now it's Obama's fault for not vetting Trump's appointments for him? And I thought the Right was all about personal responsibility. The truth is we don't know when or if the Obama administration became aware of the content of the conversations. We also don't know if any of that information with shared with the incoming administration.

What we do know is that on January 26 Yates talked to Don McGahn about the calls. McGahn then "immediately informed" (Spicer's words) the President. So Trump knew that Flynn was possibly compromised almost a month ago at the very latest. He chose to do nothing with this information.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Not Obamas fault. I asked why they waited till the very last minute to say anything. I do not care if Captain Crunch was in office if there is any evidence that someone is engaging in something they should not it should be brought to their attention.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The CIA gets a veto on the President's cabinet picks, right? Because that's all this is....

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
People where happy when the fbi went after hillary days before the election, now its evil doers, dont change ats.

The FBI is for criminal investigation. That's different. They have every right to act domestically in prevue of their mission.

The Intelligence agencies have gone rogue, they did a long time ago.

Imo Trump should just declare them enemy combatants & collaborators. Destroy the system and rebuild it from the ground up. With oversight from civil authorities this time.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Wait a second. Spies & hackers also took down a Presidential candidate this election cycle. They hacked and leaked info from the DNC, Podesta's emails, and a bunch more. It's a bit late to be crying foul about those tactics now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join