It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's spies anonymously took down Michael Flynn. That is deeply worrying.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The events leading to the resignation/firing of the National Security Adviser...and the shadowy figures behind it all...should be cause for grave concern for all citzens of the United States.

For those who may have missed its dawning...news flash...you now live in a Police State!

Those cheering the deep state torpedoing of Flynn are saying, in effect, that a police state is perfectly fine so long as it helps to bring down Trump.

It is the role of Congress to investigate the president and those who work for him. If Congress resists doing its duty, out of a mixture of self-interest and cowardice, the American people have no choice but to try and hold the government's feet to the fire, demanding action with phone calls, protests, and, ultimately, votes. That is a democratic response to the failure of democracy.

Sitting back and letting shadowy, unaccountable agents of espionage do the job for us simply isn't an acceptable alternative.

Down that path lies the end of democracy in America.

Let's be honest here. The powers that be, the establishment, the illuminati - whatever you want to call it - did not want, and certainly did not expect, Trump to get elected. The American "democracy" they have taken control of is supposed to deaf, dumb and blindly vote for the next chosen one, as they will have been repeatedly told to do so by the bought and paid for main stream media...reinforced by a billion dollars worth of attack ads launched against the not-chosen one.

In 2016, the chosen one was Hillary Clinton. Somehow, completely unexpectedly, the deplorables went against their programming and elected Donald Trump. This just won't do...

Normally intercepts of U.S. officials and citizens are some of the most tightly held government secrets. This is for good reason. Selectively disclosing details of private conversations monitored by the FBI or NSA gives the permanent state the power to destroy reputations from the cloak of anonymity. This is what police states do.

So...at the direction of the FBI, Michael Flynn, chosen to become President-elect Trump's National Security Advisor, has his conversation(s) with the Russian Ambassador tapped and recorded. Forget about the sanctions for a moment, by definition, one would have to expect that the content of those conversations would be sensitive if not rising to the level of classified.

What gives the NSA and the FBI the right to have their operatives listen in on conversations between high ranking people in the soon-to-be new Administration, and senior foreign government officials?

And, how in the name of all that is right and holy, can these Agencies - at their own discretion - turn around and hand over these sensitive conversations to the Press? Forget about traitors like Snowden and Manning...the NSA and the FBI itself are directly conspiring and acting to bring down the duly elected U.S. Government.

Unelected intelligence analysts work for the president, not the other way around. Far too many Trump critics appear not to care that these intelligence agents leaked highly sensitive information to the press — mostly because Trump critics are pleased with the result.

Police State Takes Down Flynn

Personally, I do not even understand what was wrong with Flynn discussing what the Trump Administration might, or might not, do about sanctions after he was sworn in. I would expect senior members of the Administration would hold out the easing of sanctions, as a negotiating carrot with the Russians (and others for that matter).

I also do not know what Flynn did or did not tell the Vice-President, or the President...so it is difficult for me to formulate an opinion on that aspect of this scandal. According to Flynn himself...

...his conversation with Mr. Kislyak “wasn’t about sanctions. It was about the 35 guys who were thrown out… It was basically, ‘Look, I know this happened. We’ll review everything.’ I never said anything such as ‘We’re going to review sanctions,’ or anything like that.’

But, whatever was said, and whatever he told his bosses after the call - the questions remain. Why was this conversation recorded (and how many other have been)? Who decided, and under what authority, to release the (partial) contents of these discussions to the Press?

I suppose one should also wonder if the NSA and the FBI actively listen in on the private calls and conversations of the President himself? Is the Oval Office bugged? Who else is being surveilled by the American Intelligence apparatus - the Joint Chiefs? the Attorney General? the CIA and FBI Directors themselves?

Applaud all you want about the fall of General Flynn, and the "gotcha" this represents for President Trump - but there is something far more sinister going on here that should have every American running scared. Forget about the Russians "influencing" elections - America has been taken over, and is being run by, by the Spooks.

Comey Main Player in Flynn's Ouster

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It only took 24 Days...

I submit, your rival party.

Is the least of your concern.

Nameless, Faceless people are yielding tremendous power.

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It doesn't matter whether or not people like Trump or not.

When government agencies are undermining the US GOVERNMENT.

THAT'S A PROBLEM.

A big one.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
the right has a phobia with 'unnamed' sources and labeled as fake news.
now speculation is proof, when the shoe is on the other foot.

any proof or rogue cia agents or 'police state' involvement is welcomed.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
the right has a phobia with 'unnamed' sources and labeled as fake news.
now speculation is proof, when the shoe is on the other foot.

Explain to me why you trust unnamed sources.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Does the intelligence community have too much power? Almost definitely. And I'll admit that it's troubling. At the same time though Trump was warned that Flynn was in a position that could lead to blackmail. So while the power of the intelligence community is troubling it is also troubling that one of the President's most important advisers was compromised by a foreign power. Not only that but it is also troubling that the President didn't care that Flynn was compromised. He was briefed on the content of the conversations back in January but he didn't ask for Flynn's resignation until he had no other choice due to public pressure.

Let's be fair, neither side of this incident can be considered the good guys. But at least it ultimately led to the removal of a weak link in the White House. Regardless of your politics I think that's a positive outcome. Where things go from here though remains to be seen.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Deep Throat and Watergate is a pretty good example.

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

The proof is Flynns gone.

An intelligence agency thats mission is suppose to be limited to Foreign (insert whatever).

They are forbidden to act domestically.

They targeted a private citizen to bring down the PRESIDENT.

That is TREASON.
edit on 15-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
All the foreign money the Clinton's have taken, and one Trump guy is in trouble for diplomatic relations.

How do we really know the were Russian "spy's" vs Russia diplomats?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

What gives the NSA and the FBI the right to have their operatives listen in on conversations between high ranking people in the soon-to-be new Administration,

It makes just as much sense that the NSA and FBI were listening to foreign ops/diplomats/high ranking foreign nationals when they realized that there were Americans (who happened to be part of the incoming administration) deeply in communication with them. That's not to say the Americans weren't also being listened to, but it's the Americans' own fault they got busted.

and senior foreign government officials?

That's what the NSA does, like it or not.

+11 more 
link   
a reply to: neo96

In my opinion, this whole thing, shows to me that there are those in numerous government agencies, who's allegiance is not towards the American people and the president, but rather, to those who seem to want to control everything and everyone.

Trump really needs to dig deep into government agencies, because it seems to me that there's a government within the government, and they are on the move.

+2 more 
link   
The one good thing that came out of all this is that we now know that private citizens are still being spied upon. Let's make that 'two' things: Intelligence agents are illegally sharing that information with people working at certain well-known news organizations in order to manipulate the public's perception.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm going to ask the Mods to trash my thread just below this one. I'll add the video and commentary to yours. They're basically one in the same and this thread is getting more attention.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
THAT'S A PROBLEM.
A big one.

...and what was your response when it was reported that foreign intelligence services were meddling in the recent election, and that Trump himself was encouraging them to do so?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Trump really needs to dig deep into government agencies, because it seems to me that there's a government within the government, and they are on the move

The only way I would believe that is the democratic party is a shadow government.

They are the benefactors here.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

THAT'S A PROBLEM.
A big one.

...and what was your response when it was reported that foreign intelligence services were meddling in the recent election, and that Trump himself was encouraging them to do so?

For months I have been on record saying I don't believe the Russian False Flag snip.

But every one did watch on national television at the DNC convention where Trump's challenger marched out foreign nationals to get people to vote for her.
edit on 15-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

It's really amazing how you guys were crying that the Russian's were "tempering" with the elections, by allegedly leaking the DNC hacks to Wikileaks, and your refusal to this day to recognize what was leaked, but you mind when some of us are questioning who's the source of this treasonous action?

Why aren't you questioning source know?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

i dont rust unnamed sources. not when its against the left or the right. the nation should have been worried about infiltration and double crossing months ago.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

THAT'S A PROBLEM.
A big one.

Trump didn't "encourage" them to do anything. He was talking tongue-in-cheek about Hillary's 30,000+ missing emails and Trump simply said if the Russians are hacking as the Democrats claim, maybe they can find those missing emails.

That's not encouragement....but, of course, the Fake News Outlets like CNN and MSNBC and others spun that to mean he was encouraging them. FAKE NEWS is also news that has been spun to say somethings that really wasn't said. FAKE NEWS!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

a. im not left
b. leaks during the elections were applauded, sources werent questioned. now they are.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join