It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Trump generating so much interest good and bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The fact is every form of media is full of the same thing... Trump and opinions on him are everywhere we look...
My question is why do you believe this level of fascination over him exists?
Do you believe this is nothing new for a political figure? Or do you see this wave of interest as something altogether new?
What possible purpose could this media circus hope to achieve?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Because he is a narcissist. That's all. There is nothing else special about the man other than his ability to spew BS at a enormous rate, and do it so brazenly and with the appearance of 'competence'. That draws eyes toward him, from both the ignorant sycophants, and the well experienced people who see through the BS.

His complete lack of self-awareness and critical thought is such a shock to the system of normal humans that people are trying every reason to rationalize it. Once you realize he is of a disordered personality you stop doing that. Unfortunately the media has not come to this conclusion yet.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Five words...

President of the United States

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

And I was going to come in and edit my post to say that as well. He is the damn president; that's why? And before, he got the attention because of the reasons stated in my previous post.

I dont know why his supporters are acting so surprised by the attention. It is almost as if they don't even recognize him as president either and they voted for him lol.
edit on 14-2-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
Because he is a narcissist. That's all. There is nothing else special about the man other than his ability to spew BS at a enormous rate, and do it so brazenly and with the appearance of 'competence'. That draws eyes toward him, from both the ignorant sycophants, and the well experienced people who see through the BS.

His complete lack of self-awareness and critical thought is such a shock to the system of normal humans that people are trying every reason to rationalize it. Once you realize he is of a disordered personality you stop doing that. Unfortunately the media has not come to this conclusion yet.

Jiggly puff is that you? Come on i know it is!
edit on 14-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Thanks for leaving your personal opinion aside...
So you feel the level of interest he has is entirely normal?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Haha true enough. I was no fan of Obama (though comparatively he looks like a genius and a saint) and I honestly can't believe the people the people who spent the last 8 years screaming about every. little. thing. he. did... tell us we're unpatriotic if we question anything Trump says.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

So by your logic, his narcissism is the reason OTHER people talk about him 247? It's been awhile but I just had to point out the ignorance

Good bye again..

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I can agree it is a major factor... But I believe this is new the amount of publicity on him... It seems unparallelled and highly abnormal...
Im wondering if there is an agenda its full filling?
Are we being distracted?
edit on 14-2-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It simply announces to anyone with 5 live brain cells who owns the media.

It is enough to me to know that some very powerful and insanely rich people want Trump gone.

That is enough to suggest he stay and drain the swamp.

These rich and powerful seem to want the US to implode and are doing everything to make it happen.

P

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

That is one highly probable reason...
Thank You...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I will be honest, George "Dubya" and Obama are two of the worst things to ever happen to this country. In regards to Trump, the guy hasn't even been in office two months and too many are acting like it's raining fire. I don't agree with everything he has done, but I also don't disagree with everything he has done either. Let him get settled into office before you decide he's just the "worst thing" ever. Jesus.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Alot of the hatred and bashing does seem to be ill founded untimely and highly illogical...
Voiced without rhyme nor reason...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

There is no appearance of competence.
Quite the opposite.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

To put it simply: It's because he's a weirdo.

Like seriously. Imagine if he was your neighbor. Not a billionaire. Not the president. Not even particularly good at mowing his lawn. But otherwise exactly the same person.

Just imagine watching him pick up his Sunday newspaper in his boxer shorts, then turning to give you an awkward wave and the kind of friendly smile you'd expect to see on a shark - the kind of smile that draws you back to that one time you talked to him and he said something about wanting to date his daughter. Couple that with all the not-quite racist comments about Mexicans and the rumors about how he likes to grab women by the pussy without asking them.

Your neighbor Trump would be the neighborhood weirdo with a capital W. All the neighbors would tell their kids, "Don't go to Old Man Trump's house. There's something not quite right about him."

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

That's alot of imagination... It's something I'm sure you do quite often and I like how you obviously employed it when you chose your name for the site for instance...
Without using your imagination or forcing me to use mine while painting the picture for me could you manage a sensible comment please?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

...Or do you see this wave of interest as something altogether new? What possible purpose could this media circus hope to achieve?

In this country it is altogether new

The purpose - is so that no thing that our Bad Tangerine Dream does goes uncovered, unexamined or unquestioned

top topics

join