It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Considers Bill To Protect Drivers Who Hit Protesters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They ARE NOT protesters-they are large groups of blacks that just attack anybody that pulls up to gas stations,especially stores like Kroger.

Don't fall for krazyshot's lie that these are protestors.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Black_Fox

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Black_Fox

If you are attacking someone then you are no longer protesting, you are rioting.

So your saying we should sit and wait at the wall of protesters and hope they don't become rioters?

No thank you.

Not that anyone in their right mind continues down a street blocked by protesters.

Ahhh so, when there are only interstates to take home, where you cant just turn around, we should just deal with it?

Where in this world, do the people nowdays think we should have to wait for people who may, or may not try to drag us out of a car, just to get to where were going?

It's simple, STAY OUT OF THE STREETS!

Why don't the protesters take the protests to the people they are angry at?

Instead of making the average persons day harder.

Just no.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You are having problems with protesters blocking interstates then? I'm guessing you haven't actually ran into a single protest blocking an interstate.
edit on 14-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The dangerous part of TN.

link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If a person is protesting, they are exercising their constitutional rights. Their right to engage in protest, predates the existence of roads, highways, transport of any kind other than by horse, horse and coach, train, or on foot. Therefore, since their right to protest has existed for longer than the automobile, the automobile will have to just shut the hell up and wait, or turn the hell around.

Exercising your right to protest doesn't mean you have the right to block traffic. Exercising free speech seems to be fine until it's a message the left don't like.

link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist

The dangerous part of TN.

Which is?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Driving isn't even a right.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't see a problem with this bill, it states people have the right to protest but that does not give them the right to block traffic. I have seen a protest where the people were disrupting traffic many years ago and they whacked their signs on the cars as they tried to get through the crowd. I haven't been to a protest since then, that was thirty some years ago. The people in those cars were not doing anything wrong. They were trying to get to where they wanted to go. The whole protest wound up being a gripe that someone had with a business, the ones organizing it had sour grapes.

Protesting is about inconveniencing other people. You don't get your message across when you aren't inconveniencing someone so yes blocking a road way is still fair game.

Gotcha. So you can inconvenience me but I can't inconvenience you. Let that double standard shine bright.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

edit on 14-2-2017 by angryproctologist because: forgot it isn't mudpit

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You are having problems with protesters blocking interstates then? I'm guessing you haven't actually ran into a single protest blocking an interstate.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If you weren't stuck in the traffic jam that protest caused, then you didn't answer my question. And seeing how there is no traffic on the street there, I'm guessing you weren't involved.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Neither is assault-especially against the women and elderly that your oh so brave "protesters" love to attack here in Memphis Tennessee.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Tell you what-you post your address-and I'll post mine.

But I bet that there are a hell of a lot more ats'ers that would love to meet you than they would me.

Is it so hard to tell me what town/city you live in? That's all I'm trying to get at. "the bad part of TN" isn't very descriptive to someone who doesn't live in the state.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Neither is assault-especially against the women and elderly that your oh so brave "protesters" love to attack here in Memphis Tennessee.

So Memphis is where you live? What is the assault rate of women and the elderly by protesters? Or are you just referring to a singular anecdote you found on youtube/the news?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't see a problem with this bill, it states people have the right to protest but that does not give them the right to block traffic. I have seen a protest where the people were disrupting traffic many years ago and they whacked their signs on the cars as they tried to get through the crowd. I haven't been to a protest since then, that was thirty some years ago. The people in those cars were not doing anything wrong. They were trying to get to where they wanted to go. The whole protest wound up being a gripe that someone had with a business, the ones organizing it had sour grapes.

Protesting is about inconveniencing other people. You don't get your message across when you aren't inconveniencing someone so yes blocking a road way is still fair game.

Gotcha. So you can inconvenience me but I can't inconvenience you. Let that double standard shine bright.

That's what happens when you protest. You aim to inconvenience. If you weren't aware of that, then that is on you. You can always choose to travel a different route and take a detour to your destination. It's much better than running over people with a car because you were scared they were going to attack you.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Protest on a lawn or sidewalk.
You have the absolute right to protest, just not where ever you want to.

Regardless, we shouldn't be rewarding people for being careless with a multi-ton vehicle.

You people push and poke and get violent with people because you don't like their views and then # hits the fan and y'all kick and scream to high Heaven when someone pushes back. Just stay outta the road, your parents should have taught you that when you were old enough to comprehend words. Damn.

link   

a reply to: intrptr

They ARE NOT protesters-they are large groups of blacks that just attack anybody that pulls up to gas stations,especially stores like Kroger.

Don't fall for krazyshot's lie that these are protestors.

#AlternativeFacts

Your inner racist is shining. Don't try and hide it, we can all see it now.

What about white people that shoot up elementary schools, movie theaters, and mosques?

link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Staying on the sidewalk isn't exactly easy when the protest is too big.

FYI: These protests are a reaction to Trump and co pushing and poking at the system we like and don't want torn to the ground.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Protest on a lawn or sidewalk.
You have the absolute right to protest, just not where ever you want to.

Regardless, we shouldn't be rewarding people for being careless with a multi-ton vehicle.

You people push and poke and get violent with people because you don't like their views and then # hits the fan and y'all kick and scream to high Heaven when someone pushes back. Just stay outta the road, your parents should have taught you that when you were old enough to comprehend words. Damn.

More personal insults.

Again - typical.

Kind of like how people pulled the moral crusader card and got all butthurt when a self-proclaimed white supremacist got punched in the mouth?

Keep up the personal insults, it's telling.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21895608]Krazysh0t[/po

You go look it up, The traffic was backed up for miles.
There are plenty of videos showing it.

Look it up.

And it's not just there, it has happened in other cities.

But lets move on.

You said driving isn't a right.

But is playing in the streets a legal?

No?

Then where's your right to do it?

Where's your right to prevent everyday people from getting on with their lives?

It's simple, you want to allow people in the streets and roads, fine.

But play a stupid game, and win a stupid prize, don't cry about it.

When a protester ends up a hood ornament, then so be it.

The law in Tenn. is trying to prevent things like that from happening, you should applaud it.

Instead of wanting the right to make the lives of the average person harder.

Try running for office or voting in the people you want.

You know, things that may change what you don't like.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join