It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't anyone on ATS following the money re: last 4 presidents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm still evaluating Trump.. if I have hope in Trump it is hope grounded in the possibility that there may be a schism in the American military intelligence complex and that Trump is a representative of a larger sub rosa alliance that have formed to fight the NWO elite.

I base this on what Steve Pieczenik have been saying and some other stuff.

I'll wait and see if Trump is just some narcissist blowhard or if he's real about fighting the power.

Other than that it's been really fun seeing him drive social justice warrior types insane with his brazen insensitivity. There's a cultural war going on too and I find that very important. The future of my people and my race. This whole thing going on right now with the Orwellian left is a giant conspiracy in itself.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: chaeone86

Great posts. I've heard largely the same thing about bankers. The old money is mostly made up of decent people, and thanks to doing this for generations they know how to maintain their position. It's the new money people that are absolutely ruthless, complete assholes, and so terrified of losing their relatively recent position as a member of the wealthy class that they'll do anything to keep up.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

One of the big criticism's I've seen come from former SEC members is that there's huge pressure in the organization to not do anything. So many of the regulators (especially in higher level positions) come from the banking industry, serve a single presidential term, and then have to go back to the banking industry, that they never have the freedom to really implement any reforms that could affect their potential future employers bottom line.

In a way this makes sense, it would be a disaster if we brought in a bunch of non bankers to regulate the banking industry, but at the same time bringing in bankers means they're ultimately beholden to the industry they're trying to restrict.

Do you have any thoughts on banking regulation reform after having been in the industry? Or is this topic something that ever came up around the office?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Quite an exposition...do you really believe Obama had good intentions? It's too bad you had to end by bashing Trump, making you as hypocritical as those throwing snowflake bombs.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Remember what's been going on is CORPORATISM, not CAPITALISM.

It's what happens when lobbyists (read legalized bribery) goes unchecked and unabated for too long, until it's too late.

We have general public ignorance and corrupt politicians past and present to thank for that mess.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This thread feels like ATS. Thank you.

Can we get back to this please and stop admiring psychopath puppy killers?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The whole thing about the conspiracy angle and Trump, and all of the political chaos going on here, and everywhere..

In my opinion has to do with the extremely large numbers of elites who absolutely hate vehemently and with no holds barred completely abhor Trump. This, in turn, is causing many people who DID vote for him, care less and less about mannerisms etc and more about the notion that "This man is being so poorly represented and continually lambasted by so many individuals in the media, Hollywood, many factions within the government including some RINOS on the right, and now even the IC."

The media, for example, ALL owned by defense contractors, ALL of them (Even Fox up until after the election, now they are saving face) has made it their duty 24/7 to spread vitriol, use catch phrases of things Trump has said, and very often out of context, they have all made it no secret that they absolutely hate the man. They cover him all day, every day. One day, I clicked on CNN and ALL 20 of their top stories invloved something bad about Trump.

To me, it seems, if this is the case, and so much negative obsession is being formed regarding this man in such an almost mass hysteria mental break-down kind of way , (his GS buddies aside, for a moment) really leads me to think he just might be doing SOMETHING right here.

That's not even to mention the huge movements being organized by SJW's and anti-Trumpers, BLM, etc and that literally hundreds of videos displaying the violence continually being pushed by these people under the guise that we are now, suddenly living in an oppressed nation ruled by a certain real, yet seemingly (unseen within actual reality) a nation full of white supremacist masters and white people in general who are evil and want to keep minorities down. Not even in the most extreme sects aside from the actual KKK (and BLM) does this actually exist today!

Soros is the main man supposedly pulling the strings on this violent rioting.

Now, not everyone sees a conspiracy from the perspective described above. However, I do, and I find it to be the most insane thing I've ever witnessed not just in politics, but in society in general in all of my 40 years. This also seems to be the reason many of us are discussing this topic with so much passion on ATS these days. This is what happens when the type of chaos we are witnessing goes down.

I know most contributors of this thread will probably not see it from this perspective, because the banks and Goldman Sachs etc, seem to be the main root of the OP's theme, of conspiratorial discussion. I remember those days as well, I became a Ron Paul supporter due to that type of corruption going on. We talked about it here on ATS all the time. What we have now is two sides forming. Globalist, and anti-globalist. Whether Trump actually IS anti-globalist remains to be seen. We are almost one month into this and we're already seeing individuals at the highest levels trying to pull him down ASAP.

My conspiracy gears are turning!

Thanks for sharing!
edit on 15-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry

Remember what's been going on is CORPORATISM, not CAPITALISM.

It's what happens when lobbyists (read legalized bribery) goes unchecked and unabated for too long, until it's too late.

We have general public ignorance and corrupt politicians past and present to thank for that mess.

Absolutely agree. Capitalism is not the boogeyman in the room. Lobbyism and the Federal Reserve bank is.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Zoyd23

I am travelling on business right now with many commitments so cannot mount a full reply to what you have said. But thank you so much for your input! I wrote those words very well knowing there would be some reaction from the right wing "snowflakes" themselves. I hate that word. Do not those who lob it not embody some same guilt of the exact mentality they decry? Are they not simply reacting to their own being "triggered."

Anyway. I will stand by my words. And I ask you keep your ear to the ground and make a searching inventory of trumps history in business and his reputation regarding his disposition.

He is a narcissist who failed at critical junctures In business when his assumptions were challenged. This word narcissism is to refer to the very personality disorder NPD. Trump only became successful (in the full extent of the term - cradle to grave, seeing ambition blossom into RESULTS) when his role became one of ego fulfillment. Narcissists require fuel. Licensing his name and benefiting from a media personality that was "untouchable" and infallible was when he found his calling.

Research NPD. come back and tell me what you found.

Cheers friend!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Zoyd23

I am travelling on business right now with many commitments so cannot mount a full reply to what you have said. But thank you so much for your input! I wrote those words very well knowing there would be some reaction from the right wing "snowflakes" themselves. I hate that word. Do not those who lob it not embody some same guilt of the exact mentality they decry? Are they not simply reacting to their own being "triggered."

Anyway. I will stand by my words. And I ask you keep your ear to the ground and make a searching inventory of trumps history in business and his reputation regarding his disposition.

He is a narcissist who failed at critical junctures In business when his assumptions were challenged. This word narcissism is to refer to the very personality disorder NPD. Trump only became successful (in the full extent of the term - cradle to grave, seeing ambition blossom into RESULTS) when his role became one of ego fulfillment. Narcissists require fuel. Licensing his name and benefiting from a media personality that was "untouchable" and infallible was when he found his calling.

Research NPD. come back and tell me what you found.

Cheers friend!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Lol, I actually didn't get a sense that this was a Trump bashing thread from the start. From that post, I see a clearly different agenda. You know, the kind of non-nonsensical thread on ATS having nothing to do with "conspiracies" kind of thing. It seems now I get your agenda. You want only anti-trump sentiment on ATS otherwise we aren't living in the "old days" of conspiracy minded topics.

LMFAO. Wow! What a bunch of crap. I thought I was joining a real discussion, but nope. The OP has proven that is not the point of this thread at all. Just another leftist echo chamber.

edit on 16-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I am not sure I understand the logic here. His cabinet and advisors are full of more elites than any president of recent history. At best equal to his forerunners but I would promote its higher.

The "media" isn't the elite just because it shows up on LCD screens. Captains of industry, billionaires, aka trumps administration is a cross section of elites. Some who fund republicans. Others who just fund everyone. Influence peddlars.

To say trump is abhored by the elite is to contend he is hated by his entire team.

Thank you for taking time to engage. Have a great night!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I get it. As I stated above. I think if you wanted a leftist discussion forum, you should have went to Buzzfeed or some other such leftwing outlet to vent your hatred. It was pretty wise however, to begin the topic under the guise of "classic ATS conspiracy talk" to vent your leftist hatred. Have fun with this!
edit on 16-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Okay. I am in no way a "leftist." Anyone who is focusing on facts can quickly divine trump is not some flag waving hero. He displays classic NPD traits. Imagine an overinflated balloon. It's very big but the smallest prick could pop it.

This is our presidents ego. He lashes out on the smallest of threats to his self perceived greatness with character assasination, shaky unfounded claims of fakery and lies.

He fired Flynn last night but then came out today to claim he was a "great man who is a victim of leaks to a lying media." That is not a thoughtful man. You fired the guy and are reaching out day next to say Flynn was a victim? This makes zero sense and only affirms this idea that Donald trump pivots to whichever sensation affirms his ego in the present tense. No reflection or forethought.

Obama, both Bushes, and slick Willy himself would never behave this way. To argue "that's a good thing" is questionable in the amount of outcry just regarding trumps volatile disposition. Let me remind you he is the president of ALL America not just those who voted for him. He would do well to build consensus rather than burn bridges. But that's another whole topic.

What I can see from the info coming in and out of the whitehouse is a man with a very fragile ego who is being taken advantage of some very smart sharks inside and when he catches momentary glimpses of how used he is in these moments, sets it all on fire to maintain the idea he is in complete control.

He. Is. Not. In. Complete control. I would argue no president ever has or should be in complete control. But what I see from trump is a man constanly having to confront than defend how out of hand and "out of his hands" this situation has become and pretty much throwing tantrums as ego defense.

That's not about right or left. That's about the safety and future prosperity of all of us. I'd go out on a limb and say many preceding executives failed this for Americans. That was the spirit of my OP. But take a president who will fail this for Americans again and add a dangerous disposition. That's NOT a good thing. That's shaking things up in THE WORST way possible.

But you are of course entitled to your own beliefs friend.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

And I don't wish to keep prattling along this road because it's very off topic from my OP. But what it does relate to my original message is that trump is very much my #2 of the 1%ers of finance.

A self serving, egomanical sociopath.

Unfortunately for him he is a bull shark in a tank of great whites. Keep watching, it's not going to get better. It won't.
edit on 16-2-2017 by chaeone86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The prevailing concept was banks were always front running regulations since A) they're alumnus were overseeing reform and B) they had enough math to confuse the SEC into submission.

Point B is the most relevant though. Which is to say finance "innovated" its way around Regs or market exhaustion (see: CDOs and other synthetic derivatives) to keep money flowing in.

If you were working in these areas, it was a cacophony of managing directors laughing to the bank and PHD types scrambling to obfuscate and create enough cognitive dissonance regulators would just give up and shrug.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

And to finalize: you are baiting my opinion of a current situation rather than questioning anything material about the entire intellectual spirit of this thread.

You should move along. You made your point. No need to repeat and I won't respond nor repeat anything I've said already even if it's promoted and enabled by any future replies.

Move along. You have said the same thing in three posts and are baiting me to do the same. This is how these conversations devolve into irrational chaos. I am only calling you out because I want this thread to get back on track, and I found myself falling into the same pattern I am criticizing when lured into to doing so.

This is not the goal of this website. Period.
edit on 16-2-2017 by chaeone86 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

Amen.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: chaeone86
If you were working in these areas, it was a cacophony of managing directors laughing to the bank and PHD types scrambling to obfuscate and create enough cognitive dissonance regulators would just give up and shrug.

That just sounds off to me. I'm not saying that that's not what happens but I suppose it's just a sad commentary on the system that the whole goal is to confuse people. Doesn't this create the same potential for those PHD types to confuse the ban executives and effectively run the companies?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It is trump bashing thread, under the guise of "follow the money and banksters are the bogeyman" angle.

Example, I was digging the OP, getting into it, then BOOM, trump this trump that. Where was the criticism for the other presidents, in the same manner?

Hey, great OP! You clearly put some work into it and it was very informative. However, the context within the narrative lead up to your whole point, armed with some informative data as you move along, to ultimately focus soley on trump. Its misleading and a bit ridiculous.

Had the emphasis been soley on, "the money" and the "why", the discussion would have been different.

Cool, your good with numbers and finance, congrats, I'm good with communications, because you see the process is systemic, there is relationship and meaning within the contents and this thread begans to reek of it almost immediately I as began to read further along.

ALmost got suckEd into this blackhole Forever phew, have a greaT daY!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join