It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does ATS Require a Verified Social Network Account for Signing Up?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

So do you have an opinion about the fact that new members can now only log in via social networks. Do you think this is a good development for ATS?

Do you feel that this thread should not have been written, and that people should not have been informed of this?

Is that what you think zazzafrazz?

edit on 14-2-2017 by SafePlace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Glad you responded, thank you....things get lost in the jumble sometimes?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SafePlace

So do you have an opinion about the fact that new members can now only log in via social networks. Do you think this is a good development for ATS?

Do you feel that this thread should not have been written, and that people should not have been informed of this?

Is that what you think zazzafrazz?

Obviously they did it for some reason, and until SO, Springer or Crakeur come by to elaborate upon it, all we can do is theorize. Now, from my perspective it may have been done to crack down on sock puppet accounts, or to just make life easier for new members. I wouldn't read too much sinister into it until it's better clarified.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: annalisa2016

Do you feel this is a desirable development, regardless of the motive? Yes or no.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SafePlace

They made me pee in a cup before I could join.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You must think you are very very clever indeed.

I think that you think that I am very clever.

I don't think I am. I know I am.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If the heads of ATS deem it necessary to sign up with a social media account, then so be it.

It's not like people are being forced to sign up against their will.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

But is it desirable?

Even in this thread members have said they wouldn't sign up if they needed a social network account. I would say this is an intelligent point of view.

So do we want the intelligent people to stay away and have only idiots sign up?

I see how this would be in your advantage though, Terry.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SafePlace

But is it desirable?

Regardless if it is or isn't. The heads obviously see it as a necessary inconvenience.

I see how this would be in your advantage though, Terry.

What exactly are you on about with this? I'm not affiliated with ATS (apart from being a member on this forum).
edit on 1422017 by TerryDon79 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

You are absolutely sure ?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: TerryDon79

You are absolutely sure ?

It's an educated guess. I could be wrong though.

Maybe the masons are forcing their hostages......I mean...."guests" to sign up?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Mandela Effect: Time upon a once, you had to wait to be verified by the staff to become a member. One of the rejections was....a disposable email address.

Temporary shift to verification by having a social media account is both peanuts and clear the staff from manually doing so by simple automation that looks to see if that account exists.

But the Woo factor in the thread is great so far. I'd put it up there with suspicious Mars rocks.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Regardless if it is or isn't. The heads obviously see it as a necessary inconvenience.

Right, you don't have an independant opinion. Talk to the head!

What exactly are you on about with this? I'm not affiliated with ATS (apart from being a member on this forum).

Let me explain it exactly. If the average level of intelligence on ATS drops you might seem intelligent too.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

If it is temporary, then what is the point of it?

Temporary shift to verification by having a social media account is both peanuts and clear the staff from manually doing so by simple automation that looks to see if that account exists.

What account exists? What manual action are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Good lord man. You were told its a temporary change, what are you continuing to argue for? Who cares what the temporary reason is. It is what it is. It didn't stop you from signing up so whats the ish? When the ability to sign up with email alone comes back just start a 3rd or 9th account.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

You have a problem with me asking why it is temporary? Any specific reason, or just the usual minion stuff?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Long time ago, staff had to manually approve member requests. Was before my time, barely. But as was pointed out by someone else, it makes things a little harder for those that only wish to troll and disrupt the membership at large. Especially for the true PITA's that come back over and over and over again because they think that they are smarter than the ones that spot them time and time again; yet still get a cheap thrill instead of becoming bored like most people would after a dozen or so tries. But you know how some people are, right?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I don't know what your problem is, but no one forced you to sign up.
No one forced you to get a social media account.
No one forced you to agree to the T&Cs of ATS.

Yet here you are, complaining about things that you did willingly.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Especially for the true PITA's that come back over and over and over again because they think that they are smarter than the ones that spot them time and time again;

Well, smarter at least then the ones who actually think they are trying not to get spotted......

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I am not a member of any social media sites and I was allowed to join. Maybe that went into effect after I joined? That would have been a show stopper for me!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join