It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Security Advisor Lt. Gen Michael Flynn Has Resigned

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
What is suspect is that the Obama DOJ knew there was communication throughout the election cycle. So, if there was 'Russian' hacking why was this not revealed then.

My Opinion only, but here it is.
I saw this coming two months ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama was busy doing his own Sanction Talks, media did not cover it.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I actually remember this thread. Good call.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

nice.

care to elaborate more on that theory with Glenncore?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

care to elaborate more on that theory with Glenncore?

Probably needs a thread of its own as Russia was under sanctions,
and funny enough no one reported on it. I think the way they
worked it out was to give a secret pass to Glencore due to the carbon credit
trading deal with the DOJ and EPA, all kept hush. All too convenient.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The New York Times is reporting that the FBI interviewed Flynn about his Russian conversations days after Trump took office.

If Flynn lied to the Feds he is definitely in felony trouble.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Hard to trust anything The New York Times prints.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Geez, that is such a tired response.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Does look like a good pick! There is a long list of Admirals and Generals, relieved of Command, surrounding many of the previous administration's attempted machinations, that may be good resources, as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
And there are rumors that he wasn't exactly forth coming.

Ut oh. It's a federal felony to lie to the FBI.
Mandatory jail time.

And he led that cheer to lock her up.
How ironic...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

Geez, that is such a tired response.

Don't even pay attention. It's a trump mantra.
Subscriptions are actually up since trump said they were a failing newspaper. Lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
And there are rumors that he wasn't exactly forth coming.

Ut oh. It's a federal felony to lie to the FBI.
Mandatory jail time.

And he led that cheer to lock her up.
How ironic...

remember its do as I say not as I do.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Now breaking news that multiple Trump aides had regular contact with Russian intelligence operatives during the campaign...and Trump was told the same in December..investigations ongoing.
edit on 14-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Time to call a spade a spade.

Can you say "felony" or even "treason"?

Wikipedia:

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that details the fine and/or imprisonment of unauthorized citizens who negotiate with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. It was intended to prevent the undermining of the government's position. The Act was passed following George Logan's unauthorized negotiations with France in 1798, and was signed into law by President John Adams on January 30, 1799. The Act was last amended in 1994, and violation of the Logan Act is a felony.

§ 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments.
Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects. 1 Stat. 613, January 30, 1799, codified at 18 U.S.C. § 953 (2004).

Remember that time that some guy chanted "lock her up" then had to resign for committing treason?
"If I did a 10th of what she did I would be in jail today"

Can you say "foreign emolument"?
Article 1 Section 9

...No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.

It takes place, too, in the context of Trump’s murky corporate financial obligations to Russian entities. "Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,” Donald Trump Jr. told an investor conference in 2008. “We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.” Exactly how much money is unknown to anyone outside the Trump Organization, because of the president’s repeated refusal to embrace financial transparency. But the pattern of Trump wealth-seeking in Russia has been widely reported, including the multimillion-dollar windfall profit gained from the sale of a Palm Beach mansion to a Russian oligarch at a particularly tense time in the Trump family finances—the same period when he was lending his name to such shabby operations as Trump University and Trump Steaks.

Why Flynn's Resignation Matters

Can you say "espionage"?

“I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” the Republican nominee said at a news conference in Florida. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”
- Donald Trump

This has to be the first time that a major presidential candidate has actively encouraged a foreign power to conduct espionage against his political opponent,” Hillary for America policy adviser Jake Sullivan said in a statement. "That’s not hyperbole, those are just the facts. This has gone from being a matter of curiosity, and a matter of politics, to being a national security issue."

“I find those kinds of statements to be totally outrageous because you’ve got now a presidential candidate who is, in fact, asking the Russians to engage in American politics,” said former CIA Director Leon Panetta, a Clinton surrogate. “I just think that’s beyond the pale.”

House Speaker Paul Ryan’s office did not mention Trump, but condemned any role for Russia in the U.S. election, with Ryan spokesman Brendan Buck saying, “Russia is a global menace led by a devious thug. Putin should stay out of this election.”

Yes, Mr. Ryan, they should have. And you should do your job. And your buddy Jason Chaffetz should do his.

And its about time we started talking about another word:

Can you say "impeachment"?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Good. You lie you die .. politically .. that's how it should be.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

In Military Intelligence parlance there is an expression...Left of "Bang!" and right of "Bang!"...

Questions about before and after...Bang is the event..read like frames in a comic strip.

Flynn's 5 calls to Kasylik on the Day Obama imposed sanctions.

Left of Bang critical questions ..

5 calls? he really wanted to reach Kasylik, like he was on a mission.

DID Flynn make those calls on his own accord or was he letting Kasylik know about the Sanctions at the direction/behest of someone else?

IF SO....Who? Trump?..cuz after Flynn told them to sit tight and they would reverse sanctions soon..Putin announced they would not respond..which is what tipped of intelligence that something strange occurred...and Trump tweeted this..

"Great move on delay (by V. Putin) - I always knew he was very smart!"

Right of Bang

DID Flynn lie to the FBI when they interviewed him about the call on Jan. 23rd? That is a jailable offense..

AND
Janruary 19th

Jan. 19 — Obama administration officials — Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, CIA Director John Brennan and Acting Attorney General Sally Yates — discuss the situation and want to warn the Trump team that Flynn has misled Spicer and Pence. FBI Director James Comey vetoes that, saying it will compromise his ongoing investigation

www.nbcnews.com...

Seriously...What is up with Comey?

It looks like he was stalling until Trump took office (the next day) in hopes of a cover-up.

Jan. 26th Acting Attorney General Yates tells Whitehouse General Counsel that the public statements being made by Spicer, Pence et al. about Flynn never having discussed the sanctions on the call are FALSE and shares transcripts.
Yates is fired over not enforcing the EO 4 days later.

WHY did two more weeks pass with Spicer et al saying Sanctions were not discussed? At this point it appears to be willful lying to the public.

February 9th...Apparently worried about a cover-up...multiple current and former security officials leak to the Washington Post that the Trump Administration continues to lie about the content of Flynn's call and that the intelligence community has full transcripts..
It also represents the first time VP Pence realizes he was lied to.

WHY did the Whitehouse sit on this for 3 weeks without telling their Vice President that the answer he keeps giving the press about Flynn is an outright lie?

Only then, following the WaPo story ...Does the Trump administration acknowledge an issue.

edit on 15-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I wonder who authorized the release of the tap? Yates? or a very high up intel official.

You hit the nail right on the head.
This was a intentional leak of some of the most highly classified SIGNIT intel in the possession of the intel community.
This is what POTUS was referring to in the tweet.
Now he has a reason as well as the full legal authority to really clean house.

Gentlemen, there is going to be a blood bath in the intelligence community.
It will be / is truly Spy vs Spy.

Buck

edit on 15-2-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
a reply to: jellyrev

I wonder who authorized the release of the tap? Yates? or a very high up intel official.

You hit the nail right on the head.
This was a intentional leak of some of the most highly classified SIGNIT intel in the possession of the intel community.
This is what POTUS was referring to in the tweet.

Now he has a reason as well as the full legal authority to really clean house.

His team standing beside him in the oval office are a complete #show. His National Security advisor just broke a record for the quickest resignation in history. Somehow I don't think he has the capacity or attention span required to "clean house" at CIA or NSA.

Gentlemen, there is going to be a blood bath in the intelligence community.
It will be / is truly Spy vs Spy.

Spy vs. Spy?...Trump spent the last 6 months calling the CIA and NSA incompetent, unreliable liars...

More like man-baby vs. the intelligence community at large..

Good luck with that...As it stands they just took out his Chief National Security Advisor in record speed just as a friendly warning shot.

Next up is the fact that his campaign staff had repeated contact with Russian Intelligence during the campaign..

I will reserve the wild irony of people who spent the past year shouting "who cares who leaked it!" as the Russians ran their election interference cyber campaign...suddenly acting indignant when the US Intelligence Community makes the public aware that their President's Administration has conspired with the Russian Government and lied to the people about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
I have to wonder..why get rid of flynn when Pence later on in th eday basically said he didnt lie to him AFTER flynn was gone?
Also the transcripts to those calls id they were actually sanction reletaed should had been released as proof,but where are they at?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I don't think he wants the job

UPDATE –– 7:52 pm ET: CNN is now reporting on the same on Harward turning down the offer, providing more detail on why he made the decision: A friend of Harward’s said he was reluctant to take the job because the White House seems so chaotic. Harward called the offer a “s*** sandwich,” the friend said… A senior Republican familiar with the process said “a question of clarity regarding the lines of authority” was central in Harward’s decision. “I wouldn’t call it a disagreement as much as questions that could not be resolved to his comfort level,” the Republican said.

I do have to question who the "friend" is,however I wouldn't want to go on record either.

www.mediaite.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join