It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Media Whines As Trump Calls on Less Established News Outlets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It appears that the mainstream media is getting all bent out of shape,
with the new White House; lessor known news outlets given first questions
during press briefings, rather than the established "gatekeepers".

During his press conference with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, President Donald Trump called on two news outlets: WJLA a local ABC news affiliate, and the Daily Caller.

A lot of news outlet names here in the article, we all know who they are.

The mainstream media – especially CNN, The New York Times, and The Washington Post – have largely been combative of Mr. Trump’s presidency. Why would they think they would then be given preferential treatment at his press conferences? Because they’re the establishment?

www.washingtontimes.com...

So, lets see here we have WJLA, and The Daily Caller first called on!

It’s refreshing to see a White House give voice to lesser known news outlets – it’s more democratic in a way, opening the press corps up to different lines of questioning.

For, the mainstream media have tried to control the narrative for way to long. Them complaining they’re losing it is comical.

This is truly ironic, a twist of fate I never thought I would live to see.
Much of America has been ignoring these news outlets for quite some time.
For too many years we have had the truth controlled by those in involved
in Government corruption, aided by the MSM.

Truly a better day in our history!

edit on 13-2-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well, as any capitalist will tell you, competition is healthy.

Trump is breaking the monopoly

The problem with the globalist agenda we have seen seeping into the west is that power in all sectors of life whether it be commerce, media, insurance, manufacturing etc etc was conglomerating into bland soulless mega corporations intent on making us all deaf dumb neutered androgynous controlled robots. And I for one did not like it.

Local cultural identity is a thing to be proud of and not to be traded away for the promise of some completely fictional shangrila type existence.
edit on 13-2-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The mainstream media – especially CNN, The New York Times, and The Washington Post – have largely been combative of Mr. Trump’s presidency. Why would they think they would then be given preferential treatment at his press conferences? Because they’re the establishment?

Really.

Why should they get called on when they just make snip up?

Ain't the NEWS suppose to report facts instead of making them up?

The media is a big table.

Time the other kids get allowed to play.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I agree 100%. I can't wait until we have a state-run media, sponsored by the president.

Then we won't have to worry about what are facts or not nor having to ask tough questions. So much simpler.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Good it will give alternative media legitimacy as long as they stay true to the original message. And could send a serious message to MSM as they look at their own reporting...if they can do that.

+33 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I agree 100%. I can't wait until we have a state-run media, sponsored by the president.

Then we won't have to worry about what are facts or not nor having to ask tough questions. So much simpler.

Had that under the last Administration.

Very selective questions at every WH press conference.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Had that under the last Administration.

And the BIG difference between STATE MEDIA.

The rest of the world they are forced to under threat of death or prison.

Here Trump haters do so under their own free will.

MESSED UP!

+33 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Interesting you bring up state run media when Trump's doing the exact opposite, expanding the media pool and bringing in more voices.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hey that guy didn't ask the question I wanted to ask... Seriously? Did they fall onto the floor and pout afterwards?

I like that the article even points out that the previous administration also hand picked which "reporters" would be allowed to ask questions. I wonder how long it's been that way.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

because that`s exactly what`s going to happen if CNN doesn`t get to ask questions first at a presidential news conference?
that`s such an illogical leap that I`m not even going to try to understand that, my brain doesn`t work that way.

edit on 13-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
For now for starters its a very good thing .A small but important question asked by alt-news might just seem like a pebble but can create a good wave if others start riding it . As long as the MSM don't get to write the whole narrative then it gives the system a place to put the pry bar to and leverage it . Hard to imagine having every one against you and constantly making things up with baited questions .

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Interesting you bring up state run media when Trump's doing the exact opposite, expanding the media pool and bringing in more voices.

No, he's not. Don't let your love for Emo Don fool you into confusing his thin skin with a sense of ethics. He's not doing this to balance out the media; he's doing it because some of those networks hurt his feelers.

Believe me, if he were on good terms with all of them and he still did this, I'd be all behind him on it. But his reasoning is obvious and it's not noble.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Local cultural identity is a thing to be proud of and not to be traded away for the promise of some completely fictional shangrila type existence.

It truly is something we should defend, the big global agencies
had decades to do something great, or even good. They took
the road of subversion instead, so they had better be up for the fight.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

agreed, I`d like to hear answers to some real questions for a change,the MSM seem obsessed with crowd size comparisons and other irrelevant stuff.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

None of this is related.

He's bringing in more media from more outlets in a bigger WH media room. Your sensitivities are a different topic.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

We are missing handfuls of great journalists that are now
in fact dead, some under very strange and mysterious circumstances.

We have several great journalists who lost jobs, and suffered under threat
of investigation because they dared to report the truth.

State run media, we pretty much had that for the last 8 years or longer.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If you think the MSM doesn't have moles in the White House feeding them info. wtf.... Some of Trumps staff are leaking news for money. Free enterprise and capitalism rawks.

Trumps security people are likely the leakers. Who do you think the "unnamed sources" are?

This isn't Mayberry RFD you know. It's nasty around the belt way. Network political paparazzi are everywhere as are stringers. Don't even know what they are do you?

The naivete of ATS members is astonishing. News is a business!
edit on 13-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Are we really going to pretend that this is some heroic gesture out of the kindness of Trump's heart?

Is this real life right now?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
Are we really going to pretend that this is some heroic gesture out of the kindness of Trump's heart?

Is this real life right now?

#memorex
#alternativelife

Yep. He's the guy who throws a rock at a nun, accidentally hits the guy who's trying to mug her, then gets carried out on the shoulders of a cheering crowd.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join