It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are some UFO's just insects?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Welcome to the dark side ATS.

This might be a given to the skeptics but heresy to believers, but as I've quoted before the U in UFO stands for unidentified and not every light in the sky is a visitor from another world despite scientific evidence that proves that many of the believers can be wrong. However There is one explanation that has been mostly overlooked-insects.

As a man who came from a rural area with no light pollution and a porch light i've seen insects make seemingly impossible maneuvers where it is perfectly natural, not to mention many sightings are retold by "witnesses" are made from folk driving a car at night in a rural area (bugs love head lights) on a rural road or highway. It would also explain the lack of sonic booms in UFO sightings.

As for the origin of UFO activity, that is not my forte. There is proof that crop circles have been faked and abductions could be psychological masking, but I digress for scientific evidence can't prove everything...yet.

However as an agnostic who has seen some high strangeness I admit that we may never know the answer, however I believe the race is more rewarding than the victory. Do you believe insects could explain some UFO sightings?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Welcome to the dark side ATS.

This might be a given to the skeptics but heresy to believers, but as I've quoted before the U in UFO stands for unidentified and not every light in the sky is a visitor from another world despite scientific evidence that proves that many of the believers can be wrong. However There is one explanation that has been mostly overlooked-insects.

As a man who came from a rural area with no light pollution and a porch light i've seen insects make seemingly impossible maneuvers where it is perfectly natural, not to mention many sightings are retold by "witnesses" are made from folk driving a car at night in a rural area (bugs love head lights) on a rural road or highway. It would also explain the lack of sonic booms in UFO sightings.

As for the origin of UFO activity, that is not my forte. There is proof that crop circles have been faked and abductions could be psychological masking, but I digress for scientific evidence can't prove everything...yet.

However as an agnostic who has seen some high strangeness I admit that we may never know the answer, however I believe the race is more rewarding than the victory. Do you believe insects could explain some UFO sightings?

"Rods" UFOs are definitely insects even though Jose Escamilla wants to prove you otherwise so he can keep selling videos to the gullible.

www.opendb.com...

edit: but of course that would only explain a small subset of UFOs and not the most interesting ones like those seen by pilots, recorded by army radars and chased by jets, or even witnesses by hundreds of people, policemen included, like during the great Belgian UFO wave of 1989
edit on 13-2-2017 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I had a nice experience with "Insect fooling"

I was wandering in rural area totally unknown to me. It was few hours after midnight. No flashlight and other spolining the walk things used. The area was: hills, fields, etc. Month: february - soil half frozen.The only lights were from one village several kilometers away and from one road partially hidden in trees - few kilometers away. Suddenly I observed a light (shiny small bubble thingie) above the road. It was interesting and I pointed my attention at it. First I thought it was an airplane flying high above the car road and thats why I could not hear any sound from it, howver I could slightly hear the few cars passing every minute on that distant road. My amazement came when this "airplane" started to make erratic movements with sharp turns and changing its velocity. I was sure already it was not a car, now I was not sure too - it was not an airplane. I really started wondering what that could be. The theory for shiny insect in cold february night was seeming redicilous to my mind. I really watched that thing for minutes with no real idea W-T-F it could be.

Then obviously smelling my confusion the bug made a general turn in its orbit and instead of continuing with its erratic movements in the sector of the sky I observed it untill now, it came say hello! It flew towards me, stopping in place, not further than meter and a half - so close that my brain mechanisms managed to understand what I am seeing. All that time this light was not more than ten meters away from me, however to me it was looking that it is ten kilometers away in the night sky. Probably this was due to my first assumption that it was airplane. However as the bug came to my face(meter away), I managed to concieve what was that penomenom. Soon after saying hello, the bug say bye bye and ran like hell. I was smelly or something..? Or probably because I tried to apprach it and touch it in my amazement. Ha-ha, what a redicilous idea, chasing butterflies at nigh..!

I guess if I was using flashlight this bug would never come so close to me.

edit on 13-2-2017 by Argentbenign because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Yes.

Along with Blurds (blurry birds), Blets (blurry jets), there are Blugs- you guessed it, Blurry bugs.

Rods caught on video are often misinterpreted as well. Well they could be alien insect drones, ya know (wink, wink).

Heres two other unique cases that turned out to also be insects. Salida Colorado sighting, eventually thought to be filming a spiders silken strand overhead, undulating in the sunlight.

Then theres this one from the military, thought to be a fly crawling across the camera lens housing.

Disclaimer:

Not that these two cases have been proven as hoax or mistaken identity, but can't be authenticated until the "blugs" are ruled out as a possibility.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

I dare say most UFO's are military related but that doesn't explain some cases like Rendelsham Forrest.Some fools believe that Area 51 is a UFO base after Bob Lazar decided to put his tin foil hat on and now the little Ale'inns are cashing in on the die hards gullibility.

Area 51 was a nuke testing site and a site for the CIA to create spy planes-that's it.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well, if we can build them why not an Alien race to observe us?

But, I've never heard a entomologist talking about finding insects that clearly have strange biological structures that look almost if it's some kind of machine?

And if Aliens could build those I think we don't even notice the difference. We are almost capable building insects that are being controlled by remote control.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

It's all about the frame rates per second...most footages are caught at 15-60 fps. That is why they end up in hoax bins...

"That's not a UFO. Wait...what???"

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

I dare say most UFO's are military related but that doesn't explain some cases like Rendelsham Forrest.

I agree. It's also very interesting to read reports from countries where independant scientists were asked by the government to draw conclusions regarding some particularly documented sightings like the Cometa report from the GEIPAN in France or the reports from the SOBEPS in Belgium.

Especially when these critical and skeptical scientists agree to say they have no idea what could explain some of the radar recordings since no human craft (and being) could physically sustain the force to which these object seem to be subjected. Based on the accepted and know level of technological research of course.

So they basically admit (yet hate to do it because they have nothing to back it up) that some UFOs are using technologies not known to mankind (not even today, 30 years later).

I'm a skeptic when it comes to UFO but I have a hard time accepting that the military have access to technologies controlling gravity since the 60's and somehow it remained a secret until today.

The accepted conclusion of most governments worldwide (US included) about UFOs is "We have no idea WTF is going on but we don't want to publicly admit it because it damages our authority and respectability" and that unless something in the future forces them to do so, they will deny any knowledge about the nature of UFOs (which they mostly don't have)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Of course some can be attributed to insects.

Of course, these 'insect cases' are only valid on earth.

Space is a whole other frontier.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
no insects dont have bizzare humanoid creatures living inside them

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I remember seeing a dragonfly in my garden. Usual kind of bug long wide double wings and big eyes. But the funny thing was that it could only move forward by diving and slowing down by climbing. Made me wonder if it was a machine.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Real UFO's range from truly unidentified mystery object's to just about anything else in the sky that people can not recognize so yes some are just insect's, bird's, kid's metallic skinned helium balloon's caught in the wind, planes, satellites, stars, meteors and of course planets but then some remain truly something else.

There are probably several good example's of people looking at home movies after making them and noticing something on the playback they then think that they have caught a UFO on camera but closer analysis has shown it to be a likely insect or bird.

I am still open on the Rod object's though as some of them are far too fast for an insect though they do seem to be some kind of insect like creature.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Real UFO's range from truly unidentified mystery object's to just about anything else in the sky that people can not recognize so yes some are just insect's, bird's, kid's metallic skinned helium balloon's caught in the wind, planes, satellites, stars, meteors and of course planets but then some remain truly something else
There are probably several good example's of people looking at home movies after making them and noticing something on the playback they then think that they have caught a UFO on camera but closer analysis has shown it to be a likely insect or bird.

I am still open on the Rod object's though as some of them are far too fast for an insect though they do seem to be some kind of insect like creature.

I disagree with both of the statements that I've highlighted.

Firstly, it's a matter of perspective. What appears strange and other worldly to one observer in a particular location appears normal and mundane to another. In other words what appears as an unidentified flying object to one person is readily identifiable to another,

Secondly, fast across a video frame is simply a matter of how far an object (insect) is from the lens.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Sure some UFOs are insects, but what if they are alien insects?

UFO - Aliens Attack Earth - Funny Dutch Commercial

Of course there are too many insects on Earth to count so there's a pretty good chance they are from Earth.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Well when we are talking about UNIDENTIFIED flying objects they can be anything, I saw one once, sphere or disc with a rounded metallic bottom that was highly reflective dipping in and out of low cloud and flying very fast against very high wind's, altitude would be hard to guess but given how the sodium road light's (yellowish orange road light's we used to have here in the UK that caused a great deal of light pollution and have now been phased out in favour of more directionally downward pointing lower energy white light's) illuminated the cloud layer probably between two to four hundred feet at my best guess, at about two hundred feet I would say this thing was about forty feet across best guess but it was moving very fast on the order of jet fighter speed, silent as well though the high wind could have occluded any sound, it was not an air craft, a balloon and definitely not an insect or swamp gas (Brooking's inspired blue book white wash lies).

It was also not a balloon, helicopter or air plane.

What it WAS is unidentified and oh yes it was flying.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Funny you should post this , only this afternoon i was having a beer with a bloke who said look at how fast that jet is flying . It was a white feather .

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Yes but against the wind and large enough to see it pass in and out of the cloud layer, it was in the early hours of the morning, I was on my way home from work hoofing it after a long shift and felt something like when someone is looking at you which is how I came to jerk my head up and stare directly at it as it flew over the village of Westhead in west Lancashire toward Pilkington laboratory's.

This was definitely no feather believe me, it did not land, I never saw ET and his pal's and it was not Eliot on his bicycle passing the moon, I may have seen my ex doing that on a broom stick once but that is another matter.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Rods ARE insects that case has been closed a while ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Now I personally believe rod's are indeed most likely insect's but don't you think you are being just a little overly presumptuous to assume that particular case is closed.

Empirical data proving it yes, the location of the site's in the infamous rod images are often taken were there are a plethora of flying insect's and I have not heard of any taken in the polar region's (But then there are very few videos from the polar regions and people have far more interesting thing's to do than put a high speed camera looking at the sky with a near focus, with a long focus yes to capture celestial objects such as meteors but not a near focus to catch potential unidentified aerial phenomena).
Now personally I stand by the fact that no case is closed until the body is on the table and the autopsy is done, the murder weapon found and the killer's finger print's and proving he was at the scene of the crime is done.

So I personally don't think of that Least interesting subject related to the UFO category is actually closed though it is most definitely one that does not catch my personal attention - at all - except in that it was a bit of celebrity among you tube a while ago, one that I personally never got into.

Oh and in relation to my last post that was definitely no rod either, maybe something hush hush or perhaps a genuine alien sight seeing tour from zeta reticuli on an excursion but not a rod or insect.

Actually joking aside, air craft can have a number of different shapes as we all know and silent is no biggy, take the illegal biopsy's taken from cattle along with the damage to the farmers livelihood's over in the US were I think you may be, well you know those noise cancelling head rest's you get in car's or noise cancelling ear phone's it is that simple, just wack a couple of hugely powerful speakers onto the side of your helicopter or plane, even a harrier jump jet if you feel so inclined and sample the sound of your air craft then process it to create the inverse wavelength and then out put it, to compensate for the lag in the sound you have to work it so that your speakers are at variable length's from the sound source and factor in audio wave propagation speed in relation to the air pressure, wind direction and of course altitude all of which can be done real time using complex circuitry or even better computer system's and wallah you have a silent flying strange object whose pilot has night vision, flying low to avoid civilian radar and stealing cow's at will to monitor the spread of some undisclosed chemical, biological or radiological leak or deliberate experiment with no come back's as long as you don't blow your own cover by landing at the local fast food take away for a quick snack (by the way it would also in theory work with submarines so it is a good bet that this principle was refined during the cold war by both side's though only if they thought it was a worthwhile avenue of research, I would suspect pizzo rather than magnetic diaphragm type speakers for that of course, magnetic would be highly dangerous for a number of reason's in naval use).

What I saw appeared circular to me, metallic and highly reflective, mirror like in fact, it was not illuminated except from the ground light scatter from those old lamp posts and moving about as fast as an RAF tornado on low flight exercise does but silently with no roar or sonic boom, I supposed you could find a way to create an inverse sound to cancel the boom but it would require one hell of a amp, imagine that for a rock concert.

edit on 14-2-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Perhaps some insects are UFOs?

We automatically assume UFOs are similar in scale to human aircraft.

Reminds me of The Hitch-hiker's Guide To The Galaxy when a fleet of alien spaceships are sent to destroy the Earth and are unwittingly swallowed by a small dog "...due to a catastrophic miscalculation of scale."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join