It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F22s currently in Australia .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

The US will begin flying its world-leading F-22 stealth fighters from bases in Australia, amid mounting tensions in the South China Sea.

Bit of preamble about the above quote below although the link is different .

sofrep.com...

Kind of comforting that these planes will be around from time to time . Below is a link regarding there arrival here a couple days ago .

australianaviation.com.au...

Its a little unclear to me if they will be permantly stationed here some time in the future , lets hope so .

“Mate, you really don’t want to fly all the way back to Alaska in a tiny cramped cockpit do you? We will be happy to give you all a bunch of first class seats on a Qantas A380 (stopover in Hawaii?), so leave your 12 F-22’s here, we’ll look after them, no problem!! And by the way, don’t worry about the ‘Kangaroo’ that our ground crews are currently painting on them!!”

Quote from the comments section under the second link , some very uniformed comments but also some funny ones .

The F-22 is also due to be on public display at the Avalon Airshow, to be held from February 28 to March 5.

Bugger , no looky in Adelaide .

Obligatory raptor photo . Yes it was wet , but hey its the top end in February .

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Wonder where they'll put the kangaroo sticker.

Two RAAF F-35As and EA-18s are heading to Avalon too.
edit on 2/13/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Wonder where they'll put the kangaroo sticker.

On the beer cooler would be my guess . Not all that long ago i was in a position where my job gave me access to Tindal where these planes are flying out from .

Two RAAF F-35As and EA-18s are heading to Avalon too.

I was not aware they were on Australian soil yet , the f35s that is .

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Tyndall? Either way, have fun at the beach this season!

Nice to see our boys getting some flight experience!!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

They aren't. They arrive March 3rd.

Every time we had a jet come back from there there was a sticker on it. Some in some creative places.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: hitparader

Tyndall? Either way, have fun at the beach this season!

Ha ha , the only swimming near Tindal will find yourself as the main ingredient in a saltwater crocodiles sandwich .

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

It is fairly amusing that our F-22 pilot training base is Tyndall,and they're training there at Tindal.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Sounds like a match made on tinder...

I'll see myself out

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Given China's current posturing would you think this could become a permanent deployment some time in the future .

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

They were planning of rotating B-1s in, but I think that would be a bit of a stretch for F-22s though. They might rotate them for training, but i don't see it becoming permanent.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Some of the things said in the first link are open to interpretation for instance the headline .

F-22s to be stationed in Australia amid South China Sea unrest

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

They may, but it would be stupid. It's something like 4,000 miles from China. Until they have their carrier up and going, they're not gonna be flying around Australia much. And the F-22s aren't going to be doing much with China at that range.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

One word , Indonesia .

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

For the second time today . Bugger .
edit on 13-2-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

My apologies to you.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: hitparader

My apologies to you.

Its all good , Zaphod sums it up best below .

It is fairly amusing that our F-22 pilot training base is Tyndall,and they're training there at Tindal.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Send an F-15 unit down. Other than airspace control an Eagle unit will be as effective. And we have a lot more of them.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Love my Aussie brothers and sisters. Always happy when we cooperate.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I still maintain we need a Missile Silo in Alice Springs and then we can forget about all the wasted money on the F35's and Collins Class, every time China or Indonesia get a bit uppity just do a missile test over Christmas Island "North Korea" style. I'm confident we could build decent Missiles with some co-operation with the USA and they need not be Nuclear but more of a surgical nature. Decapitation strikes are more fearsome and would put any Dictator on notice if they knew they were a target, no need to use collateral as the message.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

It's funny that you mention that, there are calls for Australia to have a space program again.

We were at the forefront of rocket technology once upon a time, with the help of the British.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join