It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Global Warming To Global Sunday Laws (2/13/17)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

You have got to check this video out. The global climate change movement has not met a halt simply because Donald Trump is in office. Donald Trump is simply giving the power to Christians that are needed, so that with the global climate movement, they can enforce Sunday laws. And not only that, but the climate change movement is moving forward with greater ferocity than ever. The Supreme court is to face off against Juliana vs. United States, in which the lawsuit itself is to make handling climate change compulsory. That means, the United States will absolutely have to make changes to deal with climate change.

Former Republican Cabinet members recently came forth with the Carbon Tax and dividend. This is bad! The climate change movement is part of the liberal agenda. For the Republican right to do this, is to bind hands together with the left, and they will stand as one upon the issue. Just like 175 nations signed the Paris COP21 Agreement, and came together for climate change. The one world government, with 10 nations, is almost here. Are you ready? Are you sure?!
edit on 13-2-2017 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: Left some extra info, woops!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You do know this is not about Christianity

This is pure politics disguised as christianity it is seemingly catholic orientated as opposed to all of the christian community.
Even christians know we dont just worship on sundays, we can and do worship every day. Catholics, well maybe but not all christians are catholic and I bet not all catholics buy this nonsense.
Why do you?

True christianity is spiritual and personnel, it is definitely not political
Please also remember this guy represents a handful of catholics, not even all of them
edit on 13-2-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm sorry, but it's not just the catholics.. personally I think it's mostly the evangelical christians.. dominionists..
I was pentecostal, and alot of them adhered somewhat to the sunday sabbath bit to an extent. at least they are the ones who are the powerful lobby group.

edit on 13-2-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Well truthfully I didn't watch the whole thing but

Your thread is misleading, for starters it seems the YouTube link was all and only about Catholics, did you miss my comments about it being political, obviously

I bet you were one of those who believed you were legally bound to worship on Sunday's, maybe a dominionist as well, who knows
edit on 13-2-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

it's not my thread...
and I don't believe sunday is the sabbath and would probably at least contact the aclu hoping that I could convince them to fight such a law...
and, I probably could present a nice argument at to why I believe that this would be against my religious rights, with just one bible verse.

but, it's the evangelical christians that have the power as far as lobbying congress, far more than the catholics do..
and if you ever listen to the evangelical christians, well, many seem to think the catholics are demonic or something. If I were catholic, I would be hesitant to add my voice or empower them any more than they already are, since, they are just as likely to use their political power against the catholics as they are the muslims.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

it's not my thread...
and I don't believe sunday is the sabbath and would probably at least contact the aclu hoping that I could convince them to fight such a law...
and, I probably could present a nice argument at to why I believe that this would be against my religious rights, with just one bible verse.

but, it's the evangelical christians that have the power as far as lobbying congress, far more than the catholics do..
and if you ever listen to the evangelical christians, well, many seem to think the catholics are demonic or something. If I were catholic, I would be hesitant to add my voice or empower them any more than they already are, since, they are just as likely to use their political power against the catholics as they are the muslims.

Not your thread, apologies

Now I am an evangelical Christian
I am not dominionist
I am not a sabath keeper
I don't believe Catholics are satan

So, so far not doing well are you

Hope it doesn't confuse you to much

Now again, read my first post in this thread, you seem confused

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
maybe I responded to the wrong post again... do that sometimes...

Exodus 31

12 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

sunday was the day the people who surrounded isreal worshipped their sun god. to hold saturday (really friday after sunset to saturday at sunset) was a sign to the world, and to god, that isreal was different.
we are not isreal, christians are not isreal.. so, to me it seems that it's okay if we don't observe the sabbath as god instructed the isrealites to. it's lawful to do good on the sabbath, but it shouldn't be only on the sabbath..so what the heck.
but, I think it's a mistake to acknowledge sunday as the sabbath.

“Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change [Saturday Sabbath to Sunday] was her act... And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things” (H.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons).

“Sunday is our mark of authority… the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact” (Catholic Record of London, Ontario Sept 1, 1923).

cgi.org...

So, you are evangelical and not a dominionist...
that doesn't change the fact that most of the dominionists seem to come from the evangelical circles or that it's them that has the lobbying power. and I've personally sat and listened to how they think that the catholics are oh so wrong.
we're all wrong in one way or another when it comes our beliefs. I'm seeing the op as maybe an attempt to blame the catholics for something they aren't really involved in.

christ's church is one body... at the moment, that body has a cancer!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yes that (Christian church) body has a cancer, it always has and always will, the world is broken
Christ came to heal the sick, the church is sick,,isn't that obvious?

I have seen where Catholics are so wrong, here you are complaining about how wrong evangelicals are so wrong, you are no different to the moaning evangelicals, just a different target
I find it interesting you identify that evangelicals see the Catholic Church as Satan and then suggest that they have placed themselves above the word of God, the only ecclesiastical authority on earth
Listen to yourself, you don't make much sense

I watched the video clip posted, it's all about the Catholic Church using global warming to manipulate politicians. WATCH THE VIDEO, it's all about politicians like Trump who is not a Christian manipulating christians, preaching at christians for his own gain
Yes Christians are stupid, I am one, I know

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

looking through my posts on this thread it seems that I have said much more about how the catholic church is wrong when it comes to the idea that they should be encouraging the gov't to enforce sunday sabbath observance than I've said anything about the evangelical churches. and, I've given the scripture that I would use to argue how this would be against my personal religious beliefs... sunday is not the sabbath! and I can point you to many threads on ATS that tries to convince us that the catholic church is demonic that seem to be from non-catholic christians.
but, I guess you are just having a problem with me saying that it's the evangelicals that have done the most to erase the separation between church and state.

do you actually believe that trump is gonna jump on the global climate change bandwagon?
I don't.. and to be honest, I think there is something to the global climate change. but it should be discussed and addressed on it's own, not tied with any religious doctrine, especially not anything to do with sabbath observance on sundays since quite frankly, this would offend the jews, the muslims, the seventh day adventists, and probably some christians who don't like their sundays referred to the sabbath.. and me... who only has access to my car on the weekends and often find myself doing my grocery shopping on sunday when the weather is crappy on saturday! I'll go without my sunday grocery shopping when all those christians start walking to church and all those global warning experts start teleconferencing their get togethers instead of flying their private jets halfway around the world!
otherwise, people can just leave me alone and let me live my life the way I see fit instead of sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. I've probably burned less gas in my 50+ years on this earth than most people do by now day by the time they reach 30!!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Let me tac a little tighter
I dont care about Trump, another self centered politician, probably marginally better than Hillary

Sabbath is Jewish, its not christian.
I want to make that clear to everyone, especially christians who are reading this.
Christians worship every day, ok
Christians are not meant to be political, the scriptures are clear, we are to serve humanity in love.
Trump appears a greedy self centered man with little to no spiritual fruit.

As for global warming, I dont know, I want more information, I have seen the Nullabour pan tests after 9/11 and I can see correlations.
www.greenmedinfo.com...
Having said that my environmental footprint is minuscule compared to politicians who fly around the globe all the time.
They should start changing themselves before preaching at me

Why am I replying, I want christians to stop protesting all these irrelevant issues, stop bashing homosexuals, abortion providers, global warmists, whatever their silly issues are and just love people, love them where they are at.
Yes even satanic catholics...more interested on politics than christianity

Does that make sense now

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

you mean, you want christians to act like..... christians???

wow, what a novel idea!!

couldn't agree with you more!!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

you mean, you want christians to act like..... christians???

wow, what a novel idea!!

couldn't agree with you more!!

yes

I want that but I know better

Most will follow the crowd

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Let me tac a little tighter
I dont care about Trump, another self centered politician, probably marginally better than Hillary

Sabbath is Jewish, its not christian.
I want to make that clear to everyone, especially christians who are reading this.
Christians worship every day, ok
Christians are not meant to be political, the scriptures are clear, we are to serve humanity in love.
Trump appears a greedy self centered man with little to no spiritual fruit.

As for global warming, I dont know, I want more information, I have seen the Nullabour pan tests after 9/11 and I can see correlations.
www.greenmedinfo.com...
Having said that my environmental footprint is minuscule compared to politicians who fly around the globe all the time.
They should start changing themselves before preaching at me

Why am I replying, I want christians to stop protesting all these irrelevant issues, stop bashing homosexuals, abortion providers, global warmists, whatever their silly issues are and just love people, love them where they are at.
Yes even satanic catholics...more interested on politics than christianity

Does that make sense now

The Sabbath is not Jewish, it's for all the children of God.

Hebrews 4:3-5  For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.  4  For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.  5  And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

God's rest is Sabbath rest. When did He enter it? On the 7th Day. Who else enters into His rest? Those who keep His Sabbath. The rest which God swore Israel should not enter into was God's Sabbath rest. The rest which still remains for the children of God.

Hebrews 4:9  There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

That word rest right there, is originally the greek word: sab-bat-is-mos', which means a keeping Sabbath. And notice the Bible says that it "remaineth". Contrary to popular belief, the 7th Day Sabbath still remains this day to be kept. While the world says forget about it, God says to "Remember" it, in the very 4th commandment.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

I am sorry, I am not Jewish
I live under Christs covenant
Thanks anyway

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Thanks anyway

Christ both kept the Sabbath, and taught the proper method in keeping the Sabbath. Paul, and Apostle of Jesus, both kept the Sabbath, and taught the gentiles on the Sabbath.

Christians have to keep God's 7th Day Sabbath, not any day they please, or no day at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The next National Justice and Peace Network of England and Wales annual conference will be held on 21-23 July and take the theme: A Sabbath for the Earth and the Poor: The challenge of Pope Francis.

www.indcatholicnews.com...

The Spring edition of the NJPN newsletter leads with a reflection on the ‘Truer meaning of Sabbath’, written by John Bell of the Iona Community. We are reminded of the message of Pope Francis in LaudatoSi’ that

‘the present parlous state of the planet’s ecology indicates that a Sabbath for the earth is equally significant for the survival of rich and poor’

The NJPN Swanwick conference in July will seek to develop this notion of BEAUTY and SABBATH as fundamental to the way we relate to God, ourselves, each other, creation, our life in society.

www.justice-and-peace.org.uk...

cological conversion also means dealing with time differently, both as an individual and as a society. We need to rediscover the “rhythm of time the alternation between work and rest with Sunday as the commonly shared weekly day of rest.

www.timesofmalta.com...

We cannot wait until governments are enlightened enough to legislate and cap the carbon emissions. Matters are urgent. We have to act now, without any delay. ... One thing we can easily do to achieve this goal: we can declare Sunday to be a fossil fuel-free day or a low-carbon day or at least an energy-saving day.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 15-2-2017 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: Formatting, Remove Edits

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel

Thanks anyway

Christ both kept the Sabbath, and taught the proper method in keeping the Sabbath. Paul, and Apostle of Jesus, both kept the Sabbath, and taught the gentiles on the Sabbath.

Christians have to keep God's 7th Day Sabbath, not any day they please, or no day at all.

Jesus was a Jew, hmmm
Please also note Jesus broke the Sabbath according to tradition

John 5:18: “Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.”

But anyway, all I have is your say so and thats not good enough for me, care to back it up with scripture
As for Paul teaching on the Sabbath, did he not teach on other days as well...

I cant earn my salvation by keeping the sabbath, that would be stupid of me to think that

I am guessing you are a 7th day adventist or a UCG member, you are welcome to rely on your own actions to save yourself, as for me, no thanks, my trust is in Christ not religion

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

well, if the pastors what to preach a a fossil fuel-free day sunday sabbath and their congregation wish to go along with it, that's fine by me....
but wait a minute...
wouldn't this cut the church attendance quite a bit???

my problem is that not even all christians see sunday as the sabbath, let alone the jewish or muslim communities!
and the great thing about america is that you are allowed to treat sunday as the sabbath, while Raggedyman is free to believe what he wishes, while for still others, it will be saturday that they consider the sabbath.
such a thing cannot be legislated by the gov't!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

well, if the pastors what to preach a a fossil fuel-free day sunday sabbath and their congregation wish to go along with it, that's fine by me....
but wait a minute...
wouldn't this cut the church attendance quite a bit???

my problem is that not even all christians see sunday as the sabbath, let alone the jewish or muslim communities!
and the great thing about america is that you are allowed to treat sunday as the sabbath, while Raggedyman is free to believe what he wishes, while for still others, it will be saturday that they consider the sabbath.
such a thing cannot be legislated by the gov't!

It would be nice if that common sense logic you speak DS was applied for everyone, sadly the religious amongst us want to demand that their rules are followed
Demand they are heard and everyone conforms to their standard.
Thats why Christ was killed, Jesus said it was our choice

Go figure

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

what gets me that if they did legally declare sunday a fossil free sabbath, the same ones who are wanting it would more than likely then want an exemption so they could go to church!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join