It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Fearing collapse of emergency spillway at Oroville Dam, Oroville evacuated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Evacuation center at Silver Dollar Fairgrounds An evacuation center has been established for Oroville residents at the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds in Chico, according to the National Weather Service. The address is 2357 Fair St.

Butte County sheriff: “This in NOT A Drill.” 5 p.m. The Butte County Sheriff’ Office released the following statement on Facebook: This is an evacuation order. Immediate evacuation from the low levels of Oroville and areas downstream is ordered. A hazardous situation is developing with the Oroville Dam auxiliary spillway. Operation of the auxiliary spillway has lead to severe erosion that could lead to a failure of the structure. Failure of the auxiliary spillway structure will result in an uncontrolled release of flood waters from Lake Oroville. In response to this developing situation, DWR is increasing water releases to 100,000 cubic feet per second. Immediate evacuation from the low levels of Oroville and areas downstream is ordered. This in NOT A Drill. This in NOT A Drill. This in NOT A Drill.

Officials warn of “imminent failure” at Oroville Dam’s emergency spillway 4:45 p.m.

Wow this escalated quickly.
Anyone in the area should be well prepared and out of harms way.

Link
BREAKING: Fearing collapse of emergency spillway at Oroville Dam, Oroville evacuated

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Old news? Didn't this happen like 2 days ago?
edit on 2 12 2017 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
link   
I live here I'm standing here watching the dam first hand

link   
I really hope someone has thought about evacuating any elderly and people with mobility issues.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

If you can read. It says February 12th... so no.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Stay safe man, my thoughts and prayers for you and your neighbors.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The Californian Rosebuds will get plenty of water, sometimes the world is a strange place.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Posted here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But this is a new twist

edit on 12-2-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired
Old news? Didn't this happen like 2 says ago?

think harder.. This is now..

OR did you think the lake water level magically went away?

the erosion continued now they warn of imminent failure.

yea?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

If you can read. It says February 12th... so no.

Well officials said then it was under control, so whats the big deal?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Thoughts and prayers for those in the path of the waters. Hopefully this is being done in an abundance of caution.

I remember seeing a thread just yesterday in which officials stated that they didn't foresee having to issue an evacuation order. Apparently, things have changed and the situation has become more dangerous.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Already posted.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

They lied.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Terrifying. Is it fixable? Or do they need to wait for it to fail and rebuild?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Guess that throws this content from an article on the previous thread out the window

Water started flowing down the spillway into the Feather River early Saturday, with officials continuing to emphasize there was no imminent threat to the public or to the integrity of the dam. "Relatively speaking, it's a small spill," See said, noting that the flow over the emergency spillway is expected to end in the next 38-56 hours. "The lake will actually drop and the spill will cease," he said. The dam is not threatened by these conditions,” said Bill Croyle, acting director of the Department of Water Resources. “These kinds of flows are typical for this kind of runoff period.”

(Emphasis mine)

And makes me "laugh" at this post in response to the content I quoted above:

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: Blaine91555

That sounds like response from a government that does not want to alarm anyone that you see in the movies.

Government: "It's all going to be all right." *crosses fingers and prays

edit on 1441x6714America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

According to subarbanstats the population in Oroville is over 15,000 people. I Hope everyone can be evacuated before it floods.

suburbanstats.org...

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Already posted.

hahaha your posts

1)old news
2)it's fine now
3)already posted

LOL

shhh...

this is a new development. IS this some psychological issue with you because when you post things you keep getting called out for not using the search function?

This is not the same story.
edit on 12-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

California has money to spend on illegal immigrants yet no money for infrastructure.. Talk about your chickens coming home to roost.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Already posted.

That thread is about the water reaching record volume over the spillway. This thread is about the dam breaking and the evacuation of thousands of people. Would you rather people not be informed and possibly perish by having this thread closed?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Here's a Webcam stream.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join