It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rethinking Ancient Egypt - On Cataclysms, Ancient Technology and Identity Theft

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: purpleivan

How about when different solutions were chosen to a given problem, were the master stone carvers taking the day off and the interns were left responsible for making the decisions those days.
Divergence is a very important part ...There may not have been a one model fits all .Did they have stones to pound with every where or did they have metal saws ... What was the thinking or world view of the culture of the day ... Things like supply and or demand give some context to differing reasons but we are far removed from the pasts world views .

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is getting into thread drift, but....

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
dr. Nabil Swelim, Egyptologists and archaeologist, President of the ICBP 2008 dr. Oleg Khavroshkin, geophysicist, Chairman of the ICBP Scientific Committee dr. Alaa Shaheen, archaeologist, Dean of the Faculty of Archaeology at the Cairo University dr. Hassan El-Saady, historian, vice-dean of the Faculty of Arts at the Alexandria University dr. Anna Pazdur, physician, Lab for the radiocarbon dating, Silesian University, Gliwice, Poland dr. Mona Haggag, archaeologist, Secretary of the Archaeological Sociaety of Alexandria, Egypt dr. Ivan Šimatović, President of the Organizational Committee, Croatia dr. Jiao Nanfeng, Director of Archaelogical Institute for Shaanxy Province, China dr. Mostafa El-Abbadi, historian, Founder of the modern Library in Alexandria (Bibliotheca Alexandrina)
...(snippage for brevity)...
Work at the archaeological location „Bosnian Valley of the Pyramids“ in Visoko, Bosnia and Herzegovina, is an important geo-archaeological and epigraphical research that requires further multidisciplinary scientific research which should answer the origin of the Bosnian pyramidal hills and the extensive underground tunnel network as well as other archaeological sites in the vicinity; ICBP Conference recommends that Second International Scientific Conference about the Bosnian Valley of the Pyramids should be held in Sarajevo in two years (2010) and gather experts in pyramid research from all over the world; ICBP Conference introduce the initiative to establish Centre for Pyramid studies with headquarter in Sarajevo; ICBP Conference recommends universities in Bosnia and Herzegovina to establish study at the graduate level for archaeology as a support to the reasearch project „Bosnian Valley of the Pyramids“. Date: August 29, 2008 Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Osmanagic tends to "put" people on his projects in "honorary" positions... people who have no idea that they're supposed to be supporting this and who (when they find out) denounce him and withdraw.

He is, however, destroying evidence. I've seen photos of his team at work, and they'd be fired from any dig that I have ever been on.

Even the Egyptologists who went to see announced it's "just a hill; not a pyramid."

You can see more at Irna's site, including the "ghost scientists."

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: purpleivan

Just because in some cases, constructions in the past had similar solutions, doesn't mean that there must have been some mystical "stone carving race".

There was one race known to be present who had been working with stone for three million years at that point, but its usually overlooked by the credulous for being too obvious

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

a reply to: purpleivan

How about when different solutions were chosen to a given problem, were the master stone carvers taking the day off and the interns were left responsible for making the decisions those days.
Divergence is a very important part ...There may not have been a one model fits all .Did they have stones to pound with every where or did they have metal saws ... What was the thinking or world view of the culture of the day ... Things like supply and or demand give some context to differing reasons but we are far removed from the pasts world views .

Since we're back to Egyptology, then you might be interested to know that royal workshops and quarries and so forth did indeed have a set of standards - and they sent around models so that the artisans could understand what was wanted. I've seen (in person) sculptors models for drawing and carving hieroglyphs very exactly, and we know that they used a system of grids (drew what looks like "graph paper") on stone and wood - because in some places where work on tombs stopped at the owner's early death we see these lines and sketches on the walls of the tombs.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: purpleivan

Just because in some cases, constructions in the past had similar solutions, doesn't mean that there must have been some mystical "stone carving race".

There was one race known to be present who had been working with stone for three million years at that point, but its usually overlooked by the credulous for being too obvious

Hominids - starting with Australopithecus!

Do I get a cookie?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Since we're back to Egyptology, then you might be interested to know that royal workshops and quarries and so forth did indeed have a set of standards
My comment was not talking about Egypt specifally ...I was thinking easter island as possibly not having metal to make saws .Or maybe not even having hard enough stones to pound with ...Some might argue that a large stone could be cut with anything but I think that a practical solution is more likely .

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Since we're back to Egyptology, then you might be interested to know that royal workshops and quarries and so forth did indeed have a set of standards
My comment was not talking about Egypt specifally ...I was thinking easter island as possibly not having metal to make saws .Or maybe not even having hard enough stones to pound with ...Some might argue that a large stone could be cut with anything but I think that a practical solution is more likely .

The stone the moai are carved from is relatively soft, being solidified volcanic ash.
They were carved with basalt "picks."

Harte

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

The stone the moai are carved from is relatively soft, being solidified volcanic ash. They were carved with basalt "picks."
Well there you go .I didn't know that but it was a simple solution to a problem . thank you

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Harte

The stone the moai are carved from is relatively soft, being solidified volcanic ash. They were carved with basalt "picks."
Well there you go .I didn't know that but it was a simple solution to a problem . thank you

Also, those pieces were done sometime after 300 AD... not 3000 BC.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

those pieces were done sometime after 300 AD... not 3000 BC.
How do we know this ?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

those pieces were done sometime after 300 AD... not 3000 BC.
How do we know this ?

www.hilites.org.uk...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

The dates of Easter Island are currently in flux in that the traditional dates have been challenged, so two different sets of dates must be given. The dates from the island depend on radiocarbon dating.
The issues with radiocarbon dating climateaudit.org...

So we don't Know but have created dates to choose from ...got it

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The dates of Easter Island are currently in flux in that the traditional dates have been challenged, so two different sets of dates must be given. The dates from the island depend on radiocarbon dating.
The issues with radiocarbon dating climateaudit.org...

So we don't Know but have created dates to choose from ...got it

No you are just displaying your ignorance again to a valid scientific principal which has consistently been shown to be accurate, because you don't understand the words written in a paper that you keep linking to. If you did actually understand what that papers says, you would see that it states the opposite of what you are claiming

i

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

because you don't understand the words written in a paper that you keep linking to.
I didn't link to a paper ... What words do I not understand ?... citation .

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I didn't link to a paper ... What words do I not understand ?... citation .

THE LAST TIME YOU LINKED TO THAT PAPER YOU STATED

All of that is way over my pay scale and I suspect for the most part of the members

which is why its clear to anyone who's under that pay scale that you haven't read it and haven't realised that it still states that the radiocarbon dating is extremely accurate, they are just disagreeing on the best statistical method to use to get even more accurate results. But this is quite usual for non experts, who need the dating to be wrong, so that they can be right. To the initaiated what you are doing is saying "science doesn't work" and from that we are all inferring that your ideas are all broached from a position of ignorance, if you can't keep your hypothesis inside proven science, then it isn't a hypothesis, its just nonsense

Maybe you should just start with Wiki
en.wikipedia.org...
Plenty for you to cherry pick your ignorance through there...

edit on 19-2-2017 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Maybe you should just start with Wiki en.wikipedia.org... Plenty for you to cherry pick your ignorance through there...
Wiki seems to be your go to site ...The part that was above my pay grade was not the words ...Its pretty advanced math that they use but I understand the narrative to a degree....

Earlier when I asked how we knew the dates of Easter Island you supplied a link to a piece that starts with "The dates of Easter Island are currently in flux in that the traditional dates have been challenged, so two different sets of dates must be given." Well what does that mean ..oh here we go

The noun flux describes something that constantly changes. If your likes, dislikes, attitudes, dreams, and even friends are changing all the time, you may be in flux. Flux can also mean being unsure about a decision. Suppose you just had a great job interview and suddenly your friend invites you to go to Australia with her. You don't know what to do because you don't want to miss a call about the job — or Sydney! You're in flux until you hear from the potential employer. Another kind of flux is liquid moving or flowing, like the flux of water under a sheet of melting ice.

edit on 19-2-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Maybe you should just start with Wiki en.wikipedia.org... Plenty for you to cherry pick your ignorance through there...
Wiki seems to be your go to site ...The part that was above my pay grade was not the words ...Its pretty advanced math that they use but I understand the narrative to a degree....

Wiki is properly referenced and freely available, we have covered that as well...

and If that was true about you understanding it, why post a link to a paper that doesn't support your position?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

If that was true about you understanding it, why post a link to a paper that doesn't support your position?
Because I play the long game to win

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

If that was true about you understanding it, why post a link to a paper that doesn't support your position?
Because I play the long game to win

Its not a personal competition, only you can lose, and that loss will be to your education, you can spend years making up nonsense if you don't know the facts
Learn the facts first, then you'll see the nonsense more clearly

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Its not a personal competition, only you can lose, and that loss will be to your education, you can spend years making up nonsense if you don't know the facts Learn the facts first, then you'll see the nonsense more clearly
Sometimes I get it wrong but win at the end of the day ...Things that seemed plausible end up becoming nonsense at the end of the day ...Lots of work to understand and to know what the facts are spend time in places dark and not knowing . If it was possible to know the facts first then why look for facts ...Facts change the narrative .And the narrative changes with new facts ...Some facts are irrelevant to a narrative ...Some narratives skew the facts ...Our world view bias matters to the narrative ...Even a computer program has a bias ... I play the long game to win .
edit on 20-2-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join