It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do women scream?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Okay, I'm not trying to troll here. This is a serious question. A million videos on the internet, accidents, murder, Elvis, ect,ect..... there's always women screaming, now I've heard a man scream when surprised or shocked but nothing to compare to women. I just don't get it, biological??

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Men and women react to emotions.
Look at babies/toddlers. boy and girl alike will react the same, it is only through social norms do differences come into play in that regard.
Women are encouraged to be more in touch with their emotional states, men are taught to internalize.

Now, enter a warzone. anyone not hardcore military will be screaming from the nightmare come to life until numb.

But yeah, society teaches men and women to express differently.

my 2c

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Good question. I have a question too! Why do men yell at their TV's? Do you think it's a biological thing?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
when i dont take out the garbage, when i dont answer the phone right away, not paying attention when they talk, telling them to make me a sammich, etc.

i blame estrogen

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I've worked tech support. I've heard plenty of men cry and scream.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
They are practicing to scream at their husbands and kids when they screw up.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
My God is that true! Yes it just might be biological lol, men also hate institution Manuels, and don't get me started on driving directions!!a reply to: windword

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Why do women scream?!?

Because they are trying to kill us. The female voice, at certain decibels, can cause instantaneous and permanent blood pressure increases. This is a known medical fact.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I ask that question every time that I tell them to put the lotion on their skin.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Hmmm, if yours isn't screaming ... well ... I don't think I can address that issue in here without getting my post removed for T&C.

There are plenty of those sites on the web though that can help with that.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Screaming makes sense because it attracts attention and help.
The one I don't understand is the film convention that any character faced with a natural threat, like a bear or a tsunami, automatically shouts "No!". Does anybody do that in real life? What would be the point, exactly?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The one I don't understand is the film convention that any character faced with a natural threat, like a bear or a tsunami, automatically shouts "No!". Does anybody do that in real life?

Yes, I do. But only when DB shows up in his bunny onesie and asks to play sleep over.

I really don't like that game any more because he tricked me, it doesn't involve sleep.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
But in that situation, you are saying "No!" to someone capable of understanding it (I presume).
Shouting "No!" at a tsunami would not actually work in real life or most film genres.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
But in that situation, you are saying "No!" to someone capable of understanding it (I presume).
Shouting "No!" at a tsunami would not actually work in real life or most film genres.

Have you ever seen him nekkid? It's like a tsunami of flesh coming at you.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Shhhhh. . . .

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
when i dont take out the garbage, when i dont answer the phone right away, not paying attention when they talk, telling them to make me a sammich, etc.

i blame estrogen

Yet NONE of that would "flip" my screamie-gene into overdrive.

What WILL turn me into a certified banshee is crap like...the lawn tractor won't start? Finding out kid put bar oil in the gas tank instead of Seafoam.

You KNEW you cleaned a bunch of boiler rods, tramped in various layers of greasy muck and probably have a few cockroach riders from fixing that furnace in that subsidized housing YET! instead of coming in thru the basement and showering off you march in the front door slam your butt into the recliner with various and assorted tools poking out of your back pocket.

SCORE!!!!

I now have roaches in my house
Carbon imbedded into the carpet I saved up a year for, but hey, the grease will make sure those boot tracks become a permanent fixture!
Recliner back shredded.
Plus just like the precious Tinkerbell you are, now black carbon dust sprinkled into the upholstery!

Awesomesauce!!!

Of course I'll grab you a beer and your dinner, no problem Hon!!! The actual screaming won't happen till my 24hr delay kicks in and I see this #show in the morning.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I scream almost on demand if you are winching the car out of a ditch and yank the bumper off.
Back into my car in the driveway with your work truck.
or...and this is where things go SONIC, I said Heat Tape!! If I wanted the electrical tape or that cheap generic duck tape you got at Ollies I'd of SAID I needed a handful of CRAP!!!

Blood, gore, snakes, spiders get absolutely no reaction out of me. You guys need to stop stereotyping! Some of those loud sky noises were when he finally got my my own buck knife and it had a plastic handle.
(low grumbling right before all hell breaks loose)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The female voice, at certain decibels, can cause instantaneous and permanent blood pressure increases. This is a known medical fact.

That has been my experience. I work from home. Quiet neighborhood... maybe 1-2 cars an hour pass the house. About five years ago a family with young daughters moved across the street. The Mom babysits before school/after school, and all day during the summer. Usually same gender. I dread... no DREAD warm weather, open window weather. These girls scream when they play, run, jump, skip, walk, maybe even when they eat. Piercing, blood curdling screams x four or five girls. My blood pressure cuff has blown off numerous times.

I dunno why girls scream. Of the six kids my folks had, four were girls. Had any one of us pulled the nonsense I mention above, we would have been scrubbing kitchen floor tiles, or scouring the bathtub, or ironing, or any number of other indoor 'punishment' chores.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Because I'm not done cooking them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join