It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old drug gets an absurd price hike to $89,000 Dollars per year [deflazacort]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

If these medical cartels do not get their sh!! together, they will have it gotten together for them.

It is for profit corps that seem to be the problem. No matter what they need to have an ever increasing market share. This if you ain't growing you are dying jazz is for the birds, especially for medical.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yes and they don't care who dies. Release the trump on them.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I fear you are correct, I do not trust the medical establishment. They seem to have a main goal, make lots of $$$, and second treating patients.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Blame the FDA for holding back better and cheaper drugs.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

How so?

Did you see the price increase? The FDA said raise this "old" drugs price to this level?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

you dont sell what people cant buy. its that simple. check again. this is a symptom of government.

I'm not sure I follow. They are (and would) sell it at the current price notwithstanding the government (absent government involvement, which you seem to be preaching against, in the form of regulations). People can afford insurance (those that can) and the insurance companies pay the pharmaceutical companies the insane amounts they charge. This is a product of business, not government.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I fear you are correct, I do not trust the medical establishment. They seem to have a main goal, make lots of $$$, and second treating patients.
That is what happens when donors give money to corrupt politicians

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I have done research on stem cell and apparently for most this type of treatment does no good. Also there are multiple class action law suits against some companies because of the above fact. One treatment costs close to $14000 and like a chiropractor you have to keep coming back for treatments.

I am not so sure that I am willing to go through the expense for a small possibility of it actually working.

Thanks though for the info.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Why? This is not capitalism. Capitalism is about competition, this company was allowed to take an old drug and have no competition. This is a prime example of why we need capitalism.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
a reply to: Phage

no i meant test as in figure out whats in the drugs. ya know, test kits. and no, clinical trials are how you market a drug. obviously drugs will undergo clinical trials. whose gonna buy a drug thats never been tested? which doctor is gonna give his or her patient a drug thats never been tested? who is gonna sell a drug that might kill someone, you really gonna go to jail for manslaughter for a quick buck that youll never make in the first place since no one is going to buy your untested drug? you could sell chalk in pill form. no one is gonna buy it. people obviously want drugs that work dont they? why would people buy drugs that dont work? is this clicking for you?

i guess you dont have much "truck?" with markets or even common sense for that matter. that puts you on par with university student who dont know alot about anything but they dont do alot of critical thinking in the first place so they are perfectly content with sculpting useless fallacious opinions based solely around a lack of knowledge.

thanks for insulting me. or trying. real mature.

just realized i jumped the gun and kinda went off topic. I shall unleash my fury upon you like the crashing of a thousand waves! Begone, vile man! Begone from me! I am untethered, and my rage knows no bounds!

With test kits? I'm sorry, but that suggestion is laughable. You aren't going to deduce chemical structures with 'test kits.' Basic equipment used for characterisation costs millions of dollars. Moreover, you would need to expertise to know how to extract and prepare and sample, in addition to knowing what you are looking at. Besides, you can easily figure out what is in any marketed drug, as this information has to be made publicly available.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Why? This is not capitalism. Capitalism is about competition, this company was allowed to take an old drug and have no competition. This is a prime example of why we need capitalism.

The Orphan Drug Act (ODA) provides for granting special status to a drug or biological product (“drug”) to treat a rare disease or condition upon request of a sponsor.

It sounds good, helps with R&D costs and stuff. But in this case, the product was way beyond that stage. Abuse of the system.

www.fda.gov...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

In response to concerns about pricing, Marathon chief executive Jeffrey Aronin announced that the company would delay its launch.

"We have not sold any new product, and we will pause that process," Aronin wrote in a statement posted by the advocacy group CureDuchenne.

Patients will continue to have access to imported drug, according to the statement, and can still apply to an expanded access program offered by the company to get the drug free. He said that the company would meet with caregivers and "move forward with commercialization based on an agreed plan of action."

Sounds maybe promising?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Exactly 100% correct - - and Rand Paul has even put forth a bill (or is working on doing so) to exempt the healthcare industry from anti-trust laws. People are waking up and realizing that the healthcare industry has been given a pass and has been allowed to financially screw us for 30+ years....now that some are realizing that, good 'ol Rand Paul is proposing to just make it legal.

Exactly what you described in your post is the ONLY reason I voted for Trump. I was 100% convinced Hillary would not attack the monopolies. I was giving Trump about a 1% chance of doing so, so I took that chance b/c to me that is all that matters at this point in history for our country. I don't see Trump making any attempt to do it at this point so I rolled the dice and lost.

Best thing to do now is to take care of yourself...eat healthy, exercise, etc. Nobody should proceed as if healthcare will be there for them in the future...it's not something I'm counting on at this point.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join