It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'test fires ballistic missile'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
This is like a toddler with poor motor skills bringing a cap-gun against a dozen or more well-trained professional infantry members with high-caliper fully automatics and unlimited ammunition.

Is there any reason to believe NK actually has nuclear weapons, or are they just trying to cause a stir to gain attention? What firepower could they possible have that could actually threaten the outside world before they get completely obliterated?

There is reason to believe they have nukes for several reasons. Seismographic evidence, satellite imagery and likely spy intelligence for starters. They have at least a few, and this test launch means they are trying to figure out how to effectively hurl them at very distant targets accurately.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: CHONGO

I have to give you a star for humor.
That made me laugh.

I think it will be very interesting to see what Trump's response to the missile test is.

Laugh now, the joke is in the White House!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CHONGO
*boom-tishh !* for the come back

500kms range... if reliable... if capable of carrying and delivering more than bean can
Yes, it's a signal, but a very tiny one, and i'd even say that it highlights NK's irrelevance

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
North Korea claims missile test success as China rejects us criticism

The US, Japan and South Korea requested urgent diplomatic talks at the UN to discuss the launch. Closed consultations will take place late on Monday afternoon, said the UN Mission for Ukraine, which holds the rotating security council presidency.

The Chinese Communist party newspaper said US demands for Beijing to pressure Pyongyang into abandoning its nuclear and missile programmes were pointless, unless Washington examined its own role in fomenting current tensions.

I read this to mean that China are going to use the South-Sea islands business as a bargaining chip, whilst :

The Russian foreign ministry described the launch as a “another defiant disregard” for UN security council resolutions, and a cause for “regret and concern”.

Russia seemingly backing up the US on this one

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join