It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Groups were funded during Obama's administration

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFireHow many Americans were up in arms about the wasted trillion dollars that went to the F-35 program?

You mean the successful program that can do what no other platform can do and gets amazing reviews from everyone who flies it?

You should probably not include that as including a false argument makes all your other arguments easily ignored.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Krakatoa
And paranoia is paranoia

You have such an eloquent way of expressing yourself. Personal attacks is all you have.
And, you still have not proven me wrong. Have you?

Lies are lies. We see through them.

Lol, it's no lie, paranoia IS paranoia. How can I fit a lie into that?

Your implication that I (and others) are being paranoid based upon fear and ignorance of the issue is your attempt at deflecting from the issue. Your only response is to make personal attacks. And, BTW, you still have not refuted the points of fact I made earlier....avoiding them are you?

Well, here they are again, in case you forgot.

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Because:

1. 1. Masses of people publicly shouting "Death to America"
  2. 2. Ongoing current news reports of terrorist shouting "Aluha Ackbar!" while killing innocent citizens
  3. 3. A holy book that openly calls for killing unbelievers and even rewards those that succeed as martyrs
  4. 4. A holy doctrine that condones lying to unbelievers if it advances the cause (i.e. killing them)
  5. 5. More.....

I expect a rational and intelligent response, not personal attacks based upon the projection of your own emotions upon everyone else.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: hellobruce

But it is ok to have christian charter schools on military bases....

They are not skimming money for terror projects.

And of course you have PROOF that Muslim groups were rather than pulling that statement out of your own...er...imagination?

edit on 13-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You know why there was a Muslim Charter school on a military base, right?

Because Muslims serve in our Armed Forces. They die for our country too, for our Constitution to be upheld, to protect us.

Sigh.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Sure move the goal post and get it backwards.

Safety gets 2 points and a free kick.

edit on Feb-13-2017 by xuenchen because: isis

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

How so? You made the claim. I'm simply calling you to back it up.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Have you read anything whatsoever about the organization xuenchen mentioned, The Gülen organization?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Totally backwards.

I said no Christian organizations were funding terrorists.

Calm down and go back and read the original post I responded to.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Totally backwards.

Calm down and go back and read the original post I responded to.

By singling out "Christian" groups, you allowed the implication that you thought the Muslim groups were different, and that they WERE funding terrorists. So you can clearly say that the Muslim groups also are not? And for that matter, do you know 100% that the Christian groups aren't??

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Quotes in context from you during this thread...

veracity:

Yes, the alt-right believes that only Christian straight whites deserve tax dollars given to their communities. Anything else is wasted bc out of site...out of mind. The minority groups are so minor...why should they get equal rights at the expense of a Christian having to bake a cake for a gay?

xuenchen:

You cleverly omit the terrorism and criminal aspects.

You are saying these groups getting tax dollars that happen to be Muslim have "terrorist" and criminal aspects?" Hmmm.

hellobruce:

But it's okay for Christians to have charter schools on military bases...

xuench

n:

They are not skimming money for terror projects.

Again, why even say this if you are not pointing out in the discussion that it is, in your opinion, a possible "terrorist funding" Muslim charter school, versus, of course the Christian charter schools...

YOU are the one making all kinds of dark and sinister implications here about Muslim charter schools and "skimming funds" for "terror projects."

How about you own what you were saying, then. Be clear, xuenchen. Answer this directly.

Do you believe that the Muslim charter school on a military base should not be funded because it could be in turn "skimming off" and funding terrorism?

If so, where is your proof?

If not, then why the heck say anything like that at all?

Go on... I'm waiting....

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

This organization?

BBC - What is the Gulen Movement and what does it want?

The Gulen Movement is not a Cult -- it is one of the Most Encouraging Faces of Islam Today
(by Graham E. Fuller, Former vice chairman, CIA’s National Intelligence Council; Author “Breaking Faith”)

Here's the thing, the wiki that xuenchen linked to is at odds with other sources and articles. It is distinctly negative in comparison with other things I've been reading. This is concerning, as I wonder who has done this. Wiki is open-sourced to some degree, and subject to manipulation.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Muslims are people too you know, I don't see any reason to believe that Terrorism was funded by the Obama administration, in fact it is not even a claim you make.

What is your beef with Islam?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
xuenchen

Two words. Christian Zionists.

Christians have been engaging in Terrorism towards Muslims, burning Mosques and planning murders, getting busted by the Feds.

Watch the news, it's true.
edit on 13-2-2017 by irenialilivenka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Completely out of context.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You know why there was a Muslim Charter school on a military base, right?

Because Muslims serve in our Armed Forces. They die for our country too, for our Constitution to be upheld, to protect us.

Sigh.

Right?

When did the world become so intolerant?

Every Muslim now wants to "take over the world and impose Sharia."

THAT'S a conspiracy...The invention of this false notion.

What about the many Muslims on American news. Fareed Zachariah, is he evil too.

The funny guy from the Daily Show, is he evil too?

Hasan Minaj is his name, he is hilarious, especially when talking about how racist Trump is!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You are dodging my question. Can you answer a straight question?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You are dodging my question. Can you answer a straight question?

People who take to the Internet to talk trash about Muslims are not honorable people.

It's unreasonable to expect straight or honest answers, admissions of reality, etc.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Big Damage.......

New Ties Emerge Between Clinton And Mysterious Islamic Cleric

Turkey and the US disagree on this designation, but hey, you can go with that if you want...

Turkey also seems to be falling into authoritarianism, and has a 'declining democracy.' Gulen is the apparent scapegoat for all Ergodan's problems...

Conclusion
Turkey’s democracy has never been perfect, but it has been a bright spot in the Middle East. However, recent years have seen a substantial decline in democratic institutions, the rule of law, freedom of the press, and freedom of speech, and increasing intolerance toward dissent.

One casualty of the deteriorating political climate is the Gülen movement, a faith-based network. Once an ardent supporter of Erdogan’s democratization and EU-oriented agenda, the movement has now been outlawed and subjected to blanket persecution. The fate of the Gülen movement is a harbinger of things to come for all who dare to dissent in this new political environment.

Link - Testimony before the US House: Update on the Gulen Movement in Turkey

That sounds serious!! What is going on there??

Who was behind the coup?

The chain of command in the attempted coup is still not clear after almost four weeks. Who was the putschists' commander? Who organised the coup? Who gave the orders? If ever we have reliable evidence, we will be able to discuss it meaningfully.

Thousands of police officers, judges, prosecutors, and civil servants have been purged since 2013, and many Gulen-inspired institutions have been seized or closed down; it might be realistic to expect some individuals from among them to have taken part in the coup attempt.

Yet, there was no sign of mass involvement. This tends to support the view that Gulen movement participants are committed to non-violence even in the face of persecution.

The published “evidence” so far is flimsy. There is a confession from General Staff Chief Hulusi Akar's aide Levent Turkkan. It ends: “I have written this in my handwriting while waiting” but the picture clearly shows both his hands are severely injured, his ribs are broken and his face covered with bruises.

All other news has been “filtered” through the few pro-government media outlets left after a thorough media purge.

It is reported that Akar stated that one putschist wanted to put him on the phone with Gulen, but the officer in question denied this. General Akar, whose involvement in the coup remains unclear, is a strong secularist and has a motive to comply with Erdogan’s narrative.

The statements by the rest of the generals are so contradictory that it leads one to believe that at least four out of five are false, if not all.

There is evidence that three engineers who took part in the coup have worked in Gulen-inspired institutions. It is still not clear, however, whether they took part willingly or under duress.

There was also a police officer in military uniform who was dismissed in 2014 because of an alleged Gulen connection. He had been cleared in court, but despite the court order, was never reinstated. He is reported to have “killed himself” in custody.

Erdogan announced Gulen's guilt even before the coup had been thwarted. He was asked about Akar’s situation in the same press conference on the night of the 15th and he replied, “I don’t know”.

How could he be sure who was responsible before he knew who was involved? And what do we expect of a judicial investigation whose central purpose of determining the culprits has already been pre-judged?

Blame game

It is, however, consistent in terms of Erdogan’s narrative. He has blamed Gulen and the Hizmet movement for everything in the past three to four years. This includes the original corruption allegations, rising inflation, interest rates and even the dispute over the downing of a Russian jet. However, he has also been consistent in failing to prove any of his accusations.

Gulen and Erdogan have their differences when it comes to politics and Erdogan abuses the situation to increase his political power. He has used the Hizmet movement as a scapegoat to evade corruption allegations.

Now he is using the same narrative to reform the army, judiciary, bureaucracy, civil society and media in Turkey. By the time the dust settles, Erdogan will have finished transforming society with the help of the controlled and homogenised media in Turkey.
Link - Turkish Witch Hunt against the Gulen movement lacks one thing: EVIDENCE

Ah yes. Evidence would be important when accusing people of terrorism, wouldn't it?

SO back to this...Answer this question please...

Do you believe that the Muslim charter school on a military base should not be funded because it could be in turn "skimming off" and funding terrorism?

If so, where is your proof?

If not, then why the heck say anything like that at all?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join