It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Trump is really more of the same

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

US veterans are returning to Standing Rock and pledging to shield indigenous activists from attacks by a militarized police force, another sign that the fight against the Dakota Access pipeline is far from over.

When I was younger and less world weary I thought the fact that both the Bush clan and the Clinton clan were pro-NAFTA was a sign that it was a good thing for America. What I realize now is that they were both in the pockets of big business. DAP is a similar issue. Neither Obama or Trump put a stop to it because, despite what the will of the people is, it's good for their business buddies.

I have nothing against big business per se. Business men do what is best for the companies and that often benefits their employees and, at times, the nation as a whole. It is up to government to curb their abuses and not to enable them. The US government no longer does this and hasn't for at least two generations. The will of the people does not make a difference.

Forgot the link: www.theguardian.com... my-veterans-camp
edit on 11-2-2017 by TobyFlenderson because: Forgot to put in the link

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I've tried to remain informed about this issue; however, information is either absent or biased in the pieces I read because the two questions I haven't found answers to after reading news articles are:

1. Does the pipeline cross the river below or above the tribal lands?
2. Was all permitting (local, state, federal) in place before the company reached the "point of contention" or did the company encroach, illegally?

Good luck with what you seek from your involvement. The link didn't work for me.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
From what I understand,

The tribe was all for the pipeline when they were going to get millions of dollars for letting it run through their lands. When the company decided an alternate route that avoided the Native American lands (no money) that is when the pipeline became an issue.

But as was said, there is way to much obfuscation of facts surrounding this on both sides to form a solid opinion.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Not sure why the link isn't working. Let me try it again

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I know one shouldn't quote wikipedia as a source, however, my time is limited at this point. The following link, I believe, answers the questions above. In particular it states that the pipeline is underground for its length, including under the river. Also, it appears that several tribes in both Iowa and N Dak were against the pipeline from it inception.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Trump is many things, but I wouldn't include the words "same as" in any description of him.

For a long time he fought through the brutal primaries to win the nomination and ultimately presidency with nearly as much criticism and opposition on the establishment right as there was on the left.

Love him, or hate him... He is about as rare and unique as any high profile political figures can possibly ever be.
edit on 11-2-2017 by ausername because: I hate autocorrect

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

US veterans are returning to Standing Rock and pledging to shield indigenous activists from attacks by a militarized police force, another sign that the fight against the Dakota Access pipeline is far from over.

When I was younger and less world weary I thought the fact that both the Bush clan and the Clinton clan were pro-NAFTA was a sign that it was a good thing for America. What I realize now is that they were both in the pockets of big business. DAP is a similar issue. Neither Obama or Trump put a stop to it because, despite what the will of the people is, it's good for their business buddies.

I have nothing against big business per se. Business men do what is best for the companies and that often benefits their employees and, at times, the nation as a whole. It is up to government to curb their abuses and not to enable them. The US government no longer does this and hasn't for at least two generations. The will of the people does not make a difference.

Forgot the link: www.theguardian.com... my-veterans-camp

Just a Moment has Donald shut down the Lobby system of just opened the door to even more??? The lobby system is spoiling American Democracy.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

He's a rich privileged twat that became a politician, they are pretty much all cut from the same cloth really.

edit on 11-2-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
How does DAP make Trump "more of the same"? NAFTA hurts American jobs, DAP doesn't. Apples/Oranges.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I agree with you, his supporters and many of his detractors who are caught up in partisan rhetoric will disagree with you vehemently though.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Wasn't really talking about his personality. In that regard, he's certainly unique.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

I think we'll have to wait and see about the lobbying system. I'm not sure how enforceable it will turn out being. However, even if it is, it is likely that the decision whether or not to prosecute in a given matter will be politically based.

Even though I didn't vote for Trump I really hope he does well. He's my President now and I would dearly love to see him drain the swamp. I just haven't seen it happening yet. I'll try to keep hope alive.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

A little broad-brush for me. There have been rich people in history who have changed the political systems that they benefitted by. Some people do have ethics, just not too sure about the subject here.

Funny meme though.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

The point I was making really wasn't directly about American jobs. Though the pipeline, when completed, will not really be creating many permanent jobs. I think the estimate is about 40. Plus it will take away work from truck drivers, etc..

The point is that the elite are not listening to the non-elite and are using strong-arm tactics that harken back to an early, and much worse, time in our country. Personally I find them reprehensible.

Lastly, haven't we screwed the Indians enough?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Agreed, it reminds me of sports. It's not about policy or principle it's about teams. This is exactly what George Washington warned about.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Trump is many things, but I wouldn't include the words "same as" in any description of him.

For a long time he fought through the brutal primaries to win the nomination and ultimately presidency with nearly as much criticism and opposition on the establishment right as there was on the left.

Love him, or hate him... He is about as rare and unique as any high profile political figures can possibly ever be.

All dictators are unique. They all make for very interesting books.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Yet they have the same totalitarian goals and objectives.

A dictator is a dictator, same crap slightly different packaging form one iteration to the next.

Why do we refuse to learn from history?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Kharron

Why do we refuse to learn from history?

What makes you think we haven't? If you honestly believe Trump is going to be some evil dictator, then you have gone way past hysteria and are on the road to total delusion.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Look i don't like Trump but i don't think he will be the next Hitler, i do however think the rich will get richer while the rest get the proverbial short end of the stick.

I think that 1% of the population controlling 70% of the national wealth while the rest fight of the scraps that are the remaining 30% is paramount to world domination.

"What makes you think we haven't?"

Form and consistency, our seemingly inability to learn the most simple of lesson from history.

You don't think that the current geopolitical state of our planet is rather delusional, bordering on the hysterical?

Christ if you did not laugh you would bloody cry. ;(

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Unfortunately for the U.S., Donald Trump should almost not even be considered into the equation of everything going down at this time for a couple of reasons:

1. Trump is not capable of running a country because of his sociopathic, narcissistic personality.
I advise reading this eye-opening article from the July New Yorker that interviews the ghostwriter of The Art of the Deal.
LINK

In it, Tony Schwartz, the ghostwriter speaks volumes about Trump's personality and how the project, while making Schwartz money he couldn't refuse, also led him down a dismal dark hole of realization that he may have enabled this ridiculous excuse of a person into a position of high power. He spent a year following Trump and learning much more than probably anyone else knows.

He mentions some very important clues about the man that now acts as our country's leader.
" It wasn’t because of Trump’s ideology—Schwartz doubted that he had one. The problem was Trump’s personality, which he considered pathologically impulsive and self-centered."

Without an actual ideology, the state of the country's future falls to those around him who DO possess specific ideals that they will attempt to bring to fruition. Trump is rather the ideal PUPPET that will simply surround himself with those who agree with him and shower him with praise. With a man like that, kissing up gets you EVERYwhere. Thus, we have the cronyism and set a path for individuals to gain favor through flattery. The article states how easily lies come to him and how it's nothing for him to believe the opposite of truth if it puts him in a better light. We've already seen that demonstrated in the Inauguration attendance debacle.

Trump's only interests are wealth gain, appearance and celebrity.

2. I don't care how often I need to repeat this. The Globalist Agenda is real and dangerous. They are the ones in power and they are the ones who put Trump in there in the first place.
Wikileaks Podesta email 1120 ATTACHMENT outlines the plan for the DNC to elevate Trump (or others) for the pied piper candidacy.

"Operationalizing the Strategy

The variety of candidates is a positive here, and many of the lesser known can serve as a cudgel to move the more established candidates further to the right. In this scenario, we don’t want to marginalize the candidates, but make them more ‘Pied Piper’ candidates who actually represent the mainstream Republican Party. Pied Piper candidates include, but aren’t limited to:

Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Ben Carson

We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to [take] them seriously."

There is no such thing as 2 parties. I didn't want HRC either. We would have probably been dust by now had she been elected. Instead, we get this choice; this path of destruction. And they don't even have to directly deal with him. Just surround him with their lackies and pull the strings of this idiot narcissist that he doesn't even realize what's going on as long as he thinks he shines in the world's eyes. Which he will, because he can see no other way.
edit on 12-2-2017 by gottaknow because: format and link

edit on 12-2-2017 by gottaknow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join