It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration raids in 6 States: Trump's Order to Deport Illegal Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you are not already aware I am not a fan of Trump, however, I think the only reason this is getting so much play is because Trump is now President. People are overlooking the fact that Obama deported more people than any President and sent close to 500,000 packing in one year alone.

imagine that, and yet nobody made comparisons of Obama rounding up and deporting illegals to hitler rounding up jews.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
DHS Head Kelly said this is business as usual, no up-tick simply due to a new administration. So, media spin for propaganda purposes?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Note: It is probably much cheaper for the tax payer to kick these people out of the country than to either 1. keep them on welfare, and 2. keep them in prison.

The court costs alone to convict criminals is just too much burden on the tax payer as well.

Keep costs in mind when it comes to keeping criminals and illegals in the country.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: chadderson
a reply to: introvert

There is no comparison.

No comparison.

Hey, we all have to start somewhere, right?

Let's start with the non-citizens.

Not non citizens , nobody is throwing them out unless ofcourse they are here ILLEGALLY .

That one word you left out makes heck of a difference dont it.

Are you suggesting this is something new and obama was supportive and encouraging the harboring of ILLEGAL immigrants and encouraging law enforcement to not enforce the law?

edit on 57228America/ChicagoSat, 11 Feb 2017 09:57:29 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
imagine that, and yet nobody made comparisons of Obama rounding up and deporting illegals to hitler rounding up jews.

He was criticized by pro-immigrant groups but it indeed got little play.

This is all just business as usual for ICE.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

If you are not already aware I am not a fan of Trump, however, I think the only reason this is getting so much play is because Trump is now President. People are overlooking the fact that Obama deported more people than any President and sent close to 500,000 packing in one year alone.

Obama also wasn't sitting at his desk tweeting and boasting about him deporting all those people. He did it like any smart politician would, under the radar.

Remember when the patriot act was imposed?
hardly anyone knew about it, then after some journalists and people doing their own research found out about it people freaked out.

Trump just needs to tone it down a little and the hard core out spoken left won't label him as Hitler, he just needs to do his job and keep his head down till it's time for it to really matter.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'd have to agree.

For 8 years, the homeless problems got little play, but I imagine that will change and it'll be in the forefront soon enough as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I can't believe that there are so few people left in this country with the ability to think things through to their logical conclusion, that the question so seldom comes up...

...Once you start this type of thing, where does the thing stop?...

I think it's going to be like in the past, where many (most) are left without anyone to speak out for them when the thugs come banging down the door.

There is a reason the rest of the world considers America to something of a joke you know?, and you who support this nonsense more than likely cannot see it through your rose colored "exceptionalist" glasses.

Enjoy...

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: intrptr

Note the reminder its the "police" on everyones back, not the Gestapo. Its "immigration", not mass round ups.

Other reminders...

This reminds me of France during WW2. The rounding-up of the Jews began with the non-citizens.

Have we begun our own "rafle"?

Are you referring to the time when France was occupied by germany?

Jews from France who were non-French citizens were the first Jews to arrive at Auschwitz from Western Europe. Relatively few German soldiers were in France, and those who were there had an easier time than the soldiers fighting against the Russians in the East. France had been divided into two zones—only one of which was occupied by Germany, but the French largely administered both zones.

Although the Nazis wanted the French to turn over all Jews, the French agreed at first to round up only Jews with foreign citizenship, many of whom were in France because they had fled the Nazis in other countries. The first roundup took place in July 1942. In an early morning visit, in the 20th Arrondissement of Paris, French Police knocked on the door of the Mullers—Jews originally from Poland.

www.pbs.org...

France began doing it themselves.

link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Trump just needs to tone it down a little and the hard core out spoken left won't label him as Hitler, he just needs to do his job and keep his head down till it's time for it to really matter.

I personally believe it would not matter if Trump toned it down or not, the reactions would be the same.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Not non citizens , nobody is throwing them out unless ofcourse they are here ILLEGALLY .

The non-citizens I was referring to did not immigrate through a country's processes. They were fleeing the damn Nazis and were in the country "illegally".

Are you suggesting this is something new and obama was supportive and encouraging the harboring of ILLEGAL immigrants and encouraging law enforcement to not enforce the law?

What did I say that suggests anything of the sort?

I don't like the idea of rounding people up and deporting them, no matter if it's Trump or Obama.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

...Once you start this type of thing, where does the thing stop?...

you mean enforcing the laws? I should hope that it never stops.

The real problem is that people are protesting against the laws being enforced.
edit on 11-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I personally believe it would not matter if Trump toned it down or not, the reactions would be the same.

You might be right, and the more i think about what you said, I have to agree, I think the damage has already begun and an entire movement against Trump already has been established. But, I think it will die down a little.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Note the reminder its the "police" on everyones back, not the Gestapo. Its "immigration", not mass round ups.

Other reminders...

This reminds me of France during WW2. The rounding-up of the Jews began with the non-citizens.

Jews from France who were non-French citizens were the first Jews to arrive at Auschwitz from Western Europe. Relatively few German soldiers were in France, and those who were there had an easier time than the soldiers fighting against the Russians in the East. France had been divided into two zones—only one of which was occupied by Germany, but the French largely administered both zones.

Although the Nazis wanted the French to turn over all Jews, the French agreed at first to round up only Jews with foreign citizenship, many of whom were in France because they had fled the Nazis in other countries. The first roundup took place in July 1942. In an early morning visit, in the 20th Arrondissement of Paris, French Police knocked on the door of the Mullers—Jews originally from Poland.

www.pbs.org...

They did it after they had surrendered to the nazis.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Other reminders...

www.pbs.org...

They did it after they had surrendered to the nazis.

How does that change the premise of my initial post?

Either way, it began with the non-citizens.
edit on 11-2-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

"France had been divided into two zones—only one of which was occupied by Germany, but the French largely administered both zones."

They still had a choice to save the Jewish population, even the criminals. Either way, the French did indeed hand over those people to the Nazi's. And the fact still stands, it started with the criminals and the 'illegals'.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I hope ICE has plans on the drawing board to start sending back the criminals in our prisons.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yes they could have chosen to try to save the Jews.
What do you think would have happened if they had taken that course of action?

Sorry but they were under occupation by a foreign hostile government and chose to follow orders instead of getting their country destroyed.

Germany was coming for foreign Jews and we're rounding up French Jews after that.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

That's what I'm saying. Why should we pay at all? Deport them. If you're illegal and commit a crime, you're out. We should have treaties that require imprisonment in their country of origin for crimes committed here. It would also incentivize Mexico to stop illegal border crossings.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Spammy reference to get people to believe immigration law enforcement is automatically "Nazi".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join