It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army drone disappears, found later in strange location

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

A short-range Army drone vanished during a training flight in southern Arizona, only to reappear nine days ‒ and 600 miles (965 km) ‒ later

The Shadow reconnaissance drone is capable of flying for eight or nine hours and up to 125km (77 miles) with a fuel capacity of 58 liters.

Source
Strange story here...
The Army was testing a short-range drone in southern Arizona when they completely lost track of it. The National Radar Forensics Team, which helps locate missing aircraft, was unable to find the drone. For all intents and purposes, it disappeared... Until a hiker discovered it stuck in a tree 600 miles away in Colorado.
The drone was a short-range drone with a flight capability of 77 miles maximum.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

58 ltrs of fuel for 77 miles, hmm , the mixing of metric and imperial measurements ?

I have a toyota hilux (tacoma) for you guys with a 22r engine in it, they have worst fuel range of any car i know, and at worst id use 15 litres at that distance.....

Does the drone weigh a tonne ?

What gives ?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

If true, and let's be honest, who knows what is true nowadays, I would go out on a limb and say: It got caught in an updraught, some kind of thermal current that took it high up and then kept it aloft or...

This guy took it

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

The 77 mile maximum range and how far away it was found lets people know that the 77 mile range is what the military wanted the public to believe. Very common with military technology and aircraft to give out highly conservative specifications. (If you want to call them that.)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Has to be weather related.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

top topics

join