It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here own a jeep, or has done ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

I agree which is why I placed in a Dana 44 in back axle, 3:63's gearing, Tracloc, heavy duty springs factory ordered in '99. I figured if I was going to buy one new I might as well do it right... Kept the 5-speed manual, Rag-top, for authentication - just wished I ordered Air Conditioning, a Block Heater and an Old Man Emu suspension, but Bilsteins work well enough.

edit on 12-2-2017 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

Sounds familiar...thousands of dollars later you have one built the way they should have been.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I was quickly researching outbacks and it seems they are top heavy, so it this what gives them the bite to get out of the mud and snow?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Exactly... always the case isn't it...

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I've not heard this. In any case I don't think that has any real benefit, weight is weight. Their prowess in mud and snow is likely due to a number of factors. First would be their AWD system. They pretty much invented the technology, it's much better than all but maybe Audi. Ground clearance is another factor (highest in class), and this includes a relatively 'smooth' underside which does help them over things like snow and mud without hanging up. They also seem pretty well balanced front to rear.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join