It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Education Secretary Betsy DeVos Blocked by Protesters From Entering a DC Public School

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The sad part is that the students are the losers. AG Sessions needs to intervene if this behavior continues.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Pathetic. I am past saying it is because they lost. I am past saying it is Donald Trump. This is the America who would have been in charge if Hillary was elected. That truly is the scariest part of all. These protests were going on BEFORE Trump was in office.

People protest whoever is in power. Remember the 8 year protest at the Bush ranch? How about all the protests by the right where they overtly threatened to start killing people if they didn't get their way? I remember them both. It's what people do, don't look into it too deeply.

I think they all need to get laid...

What's your solution to all the unwanted pregnancies that will cause?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Wouldn't taking Burly Body Guards with her to push people around be "Violent" then too???
Funny you don't apply the same logic to both sides.

But if the "blocking" is counted as violence, then the body guards would simply be responding to the initial violence.
That's the difference.
If violence is being used against individuals (e.g. Education Secretaries), then the state has a right and a duty to protect them- by counter-violence, if necessary.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Like I said in the OP, why don't people focus on the existing possibilities instead of compulsive fixations on one person ?

Because this is about one person. DeVos is the new Head of Public Education. It's about her and what she wants to do in that position.

The ideas or possibilities are always on the table. They're ideas. Mental concepts. But there is one person in control. That is why they're focused on her.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
unfortunately, the faculty of that school, many who also don't really like the idea that she is the new secretary of education, kind of wanted to meet with her, hoping to have a constructive discussion with her. that discussion might have proven to be constructive... having her blocked from even entering the building wasn't constructive at all...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I don't see "Blocking" as violence. It's protesting. Bringing in people to bully protestors seems like violence though.

I just found it funny that you suggested violence then go on to suggest how wrong the protestors are for violent Blocking.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
unfortunately, the faculty of that school, many who also don't really like the idea that she is the new secretary of education, kind of wanted to meet with her, hoping to have a constructive discussion with her. that discussion might have proven to be constructive... having her blocked from even entering the building wasn't constructive at all...

There's always Skype. Group conference calls, etc.

She's not qualified and we know she bought this position.

I've never protested. That might change.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Maybe. But I still support the people having a voice too.

People should have a voice too don't ya think?? Or should it be just authority figures who get to have one???

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Have the protesters arrested, they are interfering with government business.

www.guamcourts.org...

They can protest but must let her pass and not even touch her, that would be assault.

The other article had guam in front of it. This one is easier to read.
abclegaldocs.com...
edit on 10-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I don't see "Blocking" as violence. It's protesting.

If someone cannot get through where they have a legitimate right of passage, because the physical strength of another person is blocking their way, then the first person is experiencing violence.
Even more so if the blocking is enforced by sheer numbers.

And, as I said, the state has a right and a duty to protect indiviuals from violence.
edit on 10-2-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

a reply to: BlueJacket

Really??

Then where is my check???

Soros didn't tell me how to think about this and yet I see why these people are doing what they're doing.

They don't like DeVos. They have valid reasons to doubt her in that position. You don't need to be paid to see that.

How about she do something wrong, and then protest?

Or just keep CRYING WOLF, and that makes all the sense???

This isNT a question of free speech (something which these people certainly dont respect), it's about not being Certifiable.
edit on 10-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here is why they don't want Devos in there.

In 2013 fully 83 percent of the eighth graders in these schools were not "proficient" in reading and 81 percent were not "proficient" in math.

DC schools 83% not proficient spend 30k per student

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The Boy Who Cried Wolf - w/ GabeBabeTV - Story Circle at Cool School

HAHA! Perfect!!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
A perfect example for DeVos about what needs to be fixed in the education system!

Cracking down on our right to protest?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
hahahaha, she was doing them a favor by coming to visit their inner city school. They threw away a once in a lifetime chance to sit down and talk with the most senior member of the federal government`s dept. of education and let her know first hand the challenges they face in trying to educate inner city students.

They think they accomplished something meaningful but all they did was reaffirm their desire to remain ignorant.
what they did is the very definition of ignorance.

ig·no·rant
ˈiɡnərənt/
adjective
adjective: ignorant

1. lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2. lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Here is why they don't want Devos in there.

In 2013 fully 83 percent of the eighth graders in these schools were not "proficient" in reading and 81 percent were not "proficient" in math.

DC schools 83% not proficient spend 30k per student

Wow, I am going to have to show that thirty grand a year figure to our school board. That is so much more than they get here, it is if we live in a different world. They need to fix that outrageous cost in DC. They are so disconnected there with the rest of our people, no wonder they did not want Trump, he is not blind to this kind of absurdity.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Soros is certainly putting a small dent in the unemployment numbers with all these paid protesters...if they pay taxes on this stuff...it should make Trumps unemployment numbers even better!

I'm interested to know how you have access to Soros' financial records to make this claim. Also post them so we can all see where you are getting these claims from.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Soros is certainly putting a small dent in the unemployment numbers with all these paid protesters...if they pay taxes on this stuff...it should make Trumps unemployment numbers even better!

I'm interested to know how you have access to Soros' financial records to make this claim. Also post them so we can all see where you are getting these claims from.

Don't held your breath.

I've been waiting for proof of the Soros paying everyone for awhile now.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Oh I know full well he pulled that claim straight from his waste exit, I was just giving him a chance to actually back it up.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I support the people's right to protest, have a voice, also but I still think this wasn't the best move on their part.
and didn't the teachers and faculty of the school, who are in a better position to speak of the problems within the schools also have a right to speak?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join