It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla worker: long hours, low pay and unsafe conditions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I have not swallowed the hook.

The hook would be the idea that either the US or the UK has had a properly left wing government at any time in the last thirty years, which, of course, they have not.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well I won't hold my breath for a properly left or right wing govt, and I would suggest anyone else do that either.

Our leaders are very easily swayed and love to feather their own nests.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It's not always about luck--one's resume and/or portfolio should speak loudly enough for itself. If not, you most likely have yet to earn the ability to effectively bargain for anything. If you do have a good resume/portfolio and plenty of experience, and a potential employer is unwilling to bargain, either you need to continue to look for a job, or you need to realize that it may be an employer's market at the moment, and that you may need to accept the job and work up your ability from within to bargain.

You're painting the reality of non-union jobs with way too broad of a brush, and I may be doing the same with union jobs. The reality in both situations is that most probably fall somewhere in the between.

Regardless, we're going off on a big tangent.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Tesla is a popular company and sometimes people are willing to make less to work at an in demand work place. The upside to Tesla and a lot of high tech companies is the STOCK OPTIONS. This is where the real money is made. You are taking a calculated risk of a lower salary that you may get a lottery like windfall in stock options.

In this case you're talking about guys building cars. It's non tech grunt work at what's essentially a tech company. It's not going to pay well, I doubt these positions are getting stock options. On top of that, Musk while extremely popular on these forums is a bit of an ass and horrible to work for. Both Tesla and SpaceX are known for underpaying employees not just in wages but in total compensation. They attract the people they do, because Musk has a cult following among people who don't know any better, and because both of his companies are cool, cutting edge, world changing products that people are more passionate about, than they are about the wages.

That doesn't help the auto worker in this article though. He's always going to be at the bottom of the company if he stays with Tesla.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Edit: Struck by the dreaded double post.
edit on 13-2-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join