It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Citizen Sentenced To 8 Years In Prison For Voter Fraud

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Then next time don't post an opinion until you finish reading.

Ok mom.

Though my opinion from reading this article (how much of it have you read btw?) is quickly forming that the Times took that quote out of context. So I am currently looking for the particular quote to see the context of it as well as the researchers' rationale as to why they said it. The way you are pitching you are suggesting that the reason for this is because that is just how the Mexicans are, but the way the report is coming across is that there are myriad of factors working against them (the legal versus illegal status being a big one) that causes this bottleneck and slowdown.

For instance, there is a section in the report that talks about social, economic, and educational achievement. It says that immigrants who are legal (whether they did it the right way or came here illegally and were later legalized) fare MUCH better than those who stay as illegals. It actually doesn't make a difference how they became legal.

This conflict between legal and illegal status opens up a whole new dynamic towards the immigration issue that hasn't existed previously, and I'm reading time and again in the report that they need to study it in MUCH more detail going forward. Again how much of this report have you read? I gleamed all this just from reading the conclusion and summary sections from the different chapters as well as some more detailed readings here and there.

PS: Thanks for this report, it is a good read that is informing me greatly about how Mexican immigrants behave in this country. Though I'm sorry that you so readily accept the partisan spin that the Times put on it without even reading the report.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

To be honest, I really don't care about the morale of ICE officers. I care about the impacts of immigration on the country, so I find that point to be irrelevant. And from what I see, immigration in any form (legal or illegal) really don't have as negative effect on the country as the right claims. In fact, in many regards there is a lot of positiveness to it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

To be honest, I really don't care about the morale of ICE officers. I care about the impacts of immigration on the country, so I find that point to be irrelevant. And from what I see, immigration in any form (legal or illegal) really don't have as negative effect on the country as the right claims. In fact, in many regards there is a lot of positiveness to it.

Obviously I disagree but thats a different topic all together.

The border is not secure, you know it and you are feigning ignorance. My contention is that no matter how you change the immigration laws, none of it will matter if people can just walk across the border as they please. The point on ICE was that they know how unsecured the border is.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

No. I'm not feigning ignorance about anything. I'm just wondering what the big deal is. Like I said, this wasn't a huge issue before. Waves of immigrants haven't torn our country apart yet (despite all this textbook anti-immigrant propaganda that ALWAYS resurfaces with each wave). Even the illegal immigrant issue isn't new and our country still exists.

All I see is rhetoric and fear. Hell, I can smell it wafting from you guys all the way through my computer screen.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

No. I'm not feigning ignorance about anything. I'm just wondering what the big deal is.

Right, you don't think its a big deal if we have a secure border. Thats seems to be a common position now.

Maybe I will do a thread on why borders are important.

Oh and as to your edit.

All I see is rhetoric and fear. Hell, I can smell it wafting from you guys all the way through my computer screen.

Yeo. You got me. I am the one screaming and rioting about Trumps proposed immigration policies.

Oh wait no, thats your friends on the left. You are the one who seems to have an irrational fear that anyone who wants secure borders is somehow a bad person.

I can feel your false sense of moral superiority and fear wafting through my computer screen.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Knock yourself out. Be sure to read up on the anti-immigrant propaganda from the 1900's and 1800's so you know all the right points to hit.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Knock yourself out. Be sure to read up on the anti-immigrant propaganda from the 1900's and 1800's so you know all the right points to hit.

Oh good one. Yep you are right! Wanting to enforce borders is anti immigrant propaganda.

Every country in the world that wants secure borders are racist anti immigrants.

Only the great Krazyshot and his brethren that believe in no borders are good people!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Well maybe you'll surprise me and hit a few points that haven't been said by our anti-immigrant ancestors, but I won't hold my breath. I assume it'll be something along the lines of how criminals can just walk across or terrorists can get in easily and all that other stuff (keep in mind that Canada has a less secure border). Or how immigrants (in this case illegals) take jobs away from Americans. Another good one is how we'll lose our identity as a country without border control. You know? Like how Texas isn't a state because people can cross into it from Oklahoma without a border check. Oh wait that isn't a thing and Texas can TOTALLY be a state without border control.

I eagerly await your thread that will prove my assumptions wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You know, I didn't read anything about them punishing (fining?) the voter precincts for allowing her to vote without proof of eligibility to vote (say an ID?). Oh yeah, that's right . . . that would be discriminatory to ask for an ID. Well, ok I guess the only recourse is to punish the ignorant.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Well maybe you'll surprise me and hit a few points that haven't been said by our anti-immigrant ancestors, but I won't hold my breath. I assume it'll be something along the lines of how criminals can just walk across or terrorists can get in easily and all that other stuff (keep in mind that Canada has a less secure border). Or how immigrants (in this case illegals) take jobs away from Americans. Another good one is how we'll lose our identity as a country without defined borders (like how Texas isn't a state because people can cross into it from Oklahoma without a border check).

You know what. I had a big thing typed out but I will leave it at this.

You have lost the debate by resorting to implying I am some sort of anti immigrant or racist. I am sorry that you are unable to have a civil discussion involving facts.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

This attitude is why the USA now has president #ing trump.

You still dont get it!

How can you be so blind?

It irrelevant that you think illegal immigration is a minor problem.
Its irrelevant if its not causing as much harm.

But a HUGE amount of people are concerned about illegal immigration.

And we are talking ILLEGAL . Harm or no harm it is a LAW people want enforced.

Maybe if the left had taken some steps to adressed illegal immigration rather than ignore it and the opinions or a large segment of the population , the political pendulum might not have swung to the far right and resulted in a orange babon sitting in the white house?

FFS because of the lefts sheer blindness things are going to be worse than if they had just dealt with the illegal immigration....
edit on 10-2-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
anyone who believes that the laws of the country shouldn`t be enforced is a traitor to the country and their opinions are meaningless to law abiding patriots.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Oh I get that a lot of people are pissed off about it. I just don't agree with the reasons why they are pissed off. History shows that these sentiments have existed in the US' past time and again for all sorts of different subsections of present day Americans that have ALL turned out wrong. So I'm going to default to history on this one. Why should I agree with positions that I find logically unsound just because everyone else does? Isn't that called a bandwagon appeal fallacy or in high school peer pressure?

You can get as angry as you want about it and talk in all bold all day long, but that is my opinion. You yelling angerly at me for not agreeing with you isn't going to change anything.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

So am I not going to get that thread you were promising before that was supposed to prove my assumptions wrong? I sure hope you aren't ticked off that I ridiculed half the points you were going to make.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It does not matter if you dont agree with the reasons.

The fact is a huge amount of the US population wanted immigration law enforced.

Being pig headed and refusing to compromise is one of the reasons that has lead to the president freaking Trump.

If you guys had promised to sort illegal immigration out, you might have been in a position to expand legal immigration routes.

But you didn't, you remained pig headed and blind.
And now you have lost it all. You wont have just illegal immigration clamped down on but all immigration now.

You picked the wrong battle to fight and now not only lost the battle but the war too.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Sorry you aren't going to make me feel bad about standing for something on principle political backlash or no. America has made these mistakes in the past, so I know we can get through them this time. But by all means, continue to shriek at me.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

And this is why it will be Trump 2020.......

The left just refuse to "get" it........

You could have cracked down on illegal immigration but expanded legal immigration.

But now you will get nothing. You lose it all.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Good day sir!!!??????

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

So am I not going to get that thread you were promising before that was supposed to prove my assumptions wrong? I sure hope you aren't ticked off that I ridiculed half the points you were going to make.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There you go!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

And this is why it will be Trump 2020.......

The left just refuse to "get" it........

You could have cracked down on illegal immigration but expanded legal immigration.

But now you will get nothing. You lose it all.

I really doubt that looking at how riled up the left's base is. But I'm sure someone from the UK has a better finger on the political pulse of America than someone living in it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join