It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three New Executive Orders.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Shortly after the swearing in President Trump signed three more executive orders.

Presidential Executive Order on Enforcing Federal Law with Respect to Transnational Criminal Organizations and Preventing International Trafficking

Presidential Executive Order on Preventing Violence Against Federal, State, Tribal, and Local Law Enforcement Officers

Presidential Executive Order on a Task Force on Crime Reduction and Public Safety

Interesting among the first:

(a) strengthen enforcement of Federal law in order to thwart transnational criminal organizations and subsidiary organizations, including criminal gangs, cartels, racketeering organizations, and other groups engaged in illicit activities that present a threat to public safety and national security and that are related to, for example:

(i) the illegal smuggling and trafficking of humans, drugs or other substances, wildlife, and weapons;

(ii) corruption, cybercrime, fraud, financial crimes, and intellectual-property theft; or

(iii) the illegal concealment or transfer of proceeds derived from such illicit activities.

Shines a little light on his law enforcement priorities.

www.usatoday.com...

Before Sessions' took the oath of office from Vice President Pence, Trump used the occasion to announce the series of orders, which direct federal law enforcement to step up efforts against international drug cartels; create a national task force aimed at reducing violent crime; and a move to protect local police from violence directed at law enforcement.

edit on 10-2-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Somehow that all smacks of more Feds, more police, more surveillance and more search and seizure violations.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And enhancement of the War on Drugs.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: trb71

They don't mean to win the war on drugs. Endless war is good for business.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Well looked at with the wide angle lens it looks like someone who wants our country to be safe...Safe to police so police can make it safer for us...What will really be telling is how he handles the inevitable bad eggs who make police look like jackasses. No shortage of them either...So if he cracks down on that end I will be happy...however if it's one sided then it's more of the same and we are getting the shaft again.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Shortly after the swearing in President Trump signed three more executive orders.

Interesting among the first:
(a) strengthen enforcement of Federal law in order to thwart transnational criminal organizations and subsidiary organizations, including criminal gangs, cartels, racketeering organizations, and other groups engaged in illicit activities that present a threat to public safety and national security and that are related to, for example:

(i) the illegal smuggling and trafficking of humans, drugs or other substances, wildlife, and weapons;

(ii) corruption, cybercrime, fraud, financial crimes, and intellectual-property theft; or

(iii) the illegal concealment or transfer of proceeds derived from such illicit activities.

Shines a little light on his law enforcement priorities.

My first thought was he is going after the Clinton's full force. Edited for emphasis(strike out).

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

That is what stuck out to me as well. Give the new AG the tools and let him work. Given the broad brush each of those items can paint, others will no doubt see it differently.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

...however if it's one sided then it's more of the same and we are getting the shaft again.

You can tell its the shaft because there are no specifics, just "more_police_protection".

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Ummm...You got some powers I don't...These days it's hard to tell with anything. Everything seems like it's on its head. Dumb stuff is the norm and tbh the dumber I see things get the less I can predict it just for the sheer possibilities that the dumb side holds over the smarter thought out side of things. It's like you could sacrifice your queen in chess a ton of ways...But very few of them will be smart.

I digress. These days it's hard to tell much other than most everything is getting dumber faster.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You cannot paint a masterpiece with a deck brush.

One cannot help but think that this portrait that Trump is trying to paint, would benefit from the application of a narrower brush than he is using.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
President Trump tweeted out that Wednesday poll which showed that most Americans are happy with his Executive Orders. Emboldened with confidence, he put some steroids in his pen, and whipped out 3 more!

The problem with a couple of these latest executive orders, is the demand that certain things be stepped-up, or increased, but there isn't a sack of money tied to them...or is there? It cost billions of dollars to increase enforcement, security, etc.. on a nationwide basis. Can a President appropriate the funds needed to execute E.O.'s, or does Congress have to do that?
edit on 2/10/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So you DO think Trump can paint a masterpiece!?

If our POTUS can lead and delegate to get even half of his campaign promises done, I'll be happy. Hopefully as a country we can get our S together and dig up reasonable candidates next time.

Think project manager, not artist.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Ummm...You got some powers I don't...These days it's hard to tell with anything.

When you get older you'll see it start to repeat itself.

Like when they promise humanitarian aid and its really guns, or intervention and its really invasion.

Just take the opposite of what they are saying.

When they make promises to protect the people they are really hiding that they are protecting themselves, from the people. hey are making things safer for them, not us.

Re read the OP and see where the people aren't mentioned, just the fed and the police.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

From what I read they would typically be executive (ACTIONS) but for some reason he made them into executive ORDERS. It doesn't make sense because it reads like a wish list to enforce existing laws.

What exactly is changing from the EOs? It seems questionable if he has competent staff guiding him IMO.

edit on 10-2-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Everything he's done so far has been within the law. Travel ban is ongoing, so we'll see.

I see it more as a transparent motive for the administration. Also a directive to the new AG.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Everything he's done so far has been within the law.

That wasn't the point or question. These EOs don't seem to accomplish anything. They read like mission statements which every presidency has done but the proper form is an executive action not a EO. That is why I question if he has competent staff to explain these things to him.

Don't claim transparency the guy isn't transparent at all. As far as a directive to the AG goes EOs are not necessary.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Somehow that all smacks of more Feds, more police, more surveillance and more search and seizure violations.

Care to elaborate? or did you just see a title and think "oh hey here's a Trump bashing opportunity"

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

You cannot paint a masterpiece with a deck brush.

The brush of spray paint is pretty broad

One cannot help but think that this portrait that Trump is trying to paint, would benefit from the application of a narrower brush than he is using.

One cannot help but think your avatar is an example of your mindset and actions since his election. Long-winded responses with big words have zero value when your substance is faulty.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

No. I do not believe that Mr Trump is capable of painting a masterpiece, but for the sake of the people of the United States, it would be good if he started actually using the correct tools at least. The alternative will only cause more anguish, not less, and it will not be limited to those who voted against him.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

it would be good if he started actually using the correct tools at least.

He's at least trying. Facing the political hurdles he is, I'd say he's coming along at a B- rating.

The alternative

To some there is no alternative. Explain how you work with that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join