It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump To Honor One China Policy - phone conversation with Chinese leader Xi Jinping

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

The Trump admin is FLOODED with daily leaks. You can cry treason all day, but this is what happens when you have such a divisive attitude towards everything. People get pissed off and fight back any way they can.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: deckdel

The Trump admin is FLOODED with daily leaks. You can cry treason all day, but this is what happens when you have such a divisive attitude towards everything. People get pissed off and fight back any way they can.

Do you really believe that?

You sound like another poster that constantly believes the things she posts on the internet, because, well she saw it on the internet.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Do I believe it? Why wouldn't I? I read the news everyday and I see the leaks daily myself. Every day I open up a web browser and type Trump into it to do a news search and EVERYDAY there is a new leak of some sort from his administration. I don't need to read about the deluge of leaks happening in the news to know about it. I can see it with my own eyes.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Do most of those links source to CNN or MSNBC?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Google news returns news from everywhere. So I could read this in The Hill one day, NYT the next, WP another day, could be Politico the next, and maybe a CNN or MSNBC article on yet another. Or were you projecting onto me that I only read one source?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

That's good news , I wouldn't be surprised ifJames Mattis was responsible for that piece of common sense.

Given the domestic political stakes of this issue for Mr. Xi, the fact that both sides went ahead with a call – and that the White House statement afterward acknowledged Mr. Trump’s acquiescence – suggested that the agreement on “one China” had been worked out beforehand.
www.nytimes.com...

It's the direction of travel we need to see , building bridges not walls.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Did I say that? Nope. I asked where they SOURCE from, you know the connotations they put in where they got their news from?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Usually the source is an unnamed source from the Trump admin because they don't want to be exposed and targeted by him. By the way, I'm not going to play into your game here. If you don't want to believe that these leaks are real, do you. But I see reality and there are too many for it all to be fake news. The leaks may later be proven wrong since Trump changes his mind more often than his underwear (which I hope is daily), but that doesn't mean they aren't happening and that Trump hadn't thought or said that at one time.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Just like all of the sexual accusers that magically appeared right before election time and disappeared right after?

Yea......

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Ok, confirmed, you have a reading comprehension issue.

It is a defamation lawsuit, not sexual assault. Nice try though!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

And the bickering strikes back. Are we going to split hairs like this? The point is that she is one of the people who came out about a sexual assault and she hasn't "disappeared" yet. Yes she is pursuing a defamation suit now, but your original claim is wrong, which you completely ignored so you can insult me again.

Ugh... Why do I bother? Like I said, you are doing nothing to curb my opinion of you being a Trump fan boy. Hell you just reinforced it with your childish attacks against me.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Ok, I see I gotcha there.

Have fun Krazyone

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Ok, I see I gotcha there.

Have fun Krazyone
ehh double post but worth saying twice
edit on 10-2-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Well thanks for confirming that your speak of not wanting to bicker was false. Just another Trump-bot. Thought so.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Dude, she claimed sexual assault and now has changed to defamation.

You of all people HAVE to realize there is a HUGE difference.

Oh wait, that bias thing. My apologies, I forgot you have that.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Oh I thought I was clear in my last post? We are done talking. You aren't going to show any respect to me so I'm going to stop talking to you. Get bent.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Respect is earned, not given.

Life lesson #1

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: I'm not going to feed into this childish fight anymore.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I don't know the benefit of shoving the Taiwanese under the rug, I can't see it from China's side.

It's a historical thing & I'll try to explain it from memory. After China lost the Opium Wars in the 1800s, Western countries forced something called the "Unequal Treaties" unto China. These dramatically exploited China and left it a virtual vassal state.

Then the communists in China united the workers & farmers and launched a nationwide rebellion against the pro-Western govt. This is a large part of the Chinese Civil War which was partially interrupted when the Japanese invaded China during WW2. The Chinese temporarily decreased their infighting in order to drive out the Japanese. Then their Civil War continued, the communists won & became the official govt of China, and the pro-Western ex-govt was forced to flee to Taiwan in exile.

For decades, the only thing stopping the Chinese communists from invading Taiwan was Taiwan's military alliance with the US (who had taken on the role of the West's "global policemen" after WW2). The "One China" policy ended most of the tension by having the US officially announce that the Communist govt was the only legit ruler of China. But as part of the treaty, the US can still sell military equipment to Taiwan and make separate deals with it, though I think the military equipment can only officially be called something like "self defense equipment" or something vague like that. ETA: Basically, China will overlook our independent work with Taiwan's govt if we let them save face by publicly recognizing them as the "winners". Yeah...

Remember that during the Cold War, capitalist and communist movements all over the world were vying for control over virtually all of the world's nations. If one side couldn't be defeated militarily, it would be pressured economically. So one of the goals was to lift Taiwan so far above mainland china economically that mainland China would abandon communism for capitalism (and the Western banks & other capitalist institutions).

This is why so many people were against Trump moving away from the "One China" policy. And this is also why so many people who don't care for mainland China still don't want the "One China" policy to end. Most people don't want to risk an all out war with one of our 3 largest trade partners over the formal recognition of Taiwan's independence.
edit on 10-2-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join