It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INTEL Corp. - 7 BILLION DOLLAR Mega Investment In Arizona Thanks to President Trump.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
February 9, 2017

If you watch or read only Main Stream media, you miss many of the almost DAILY accomplishments of the new and refreshing Donald Trump administration. (I don't have to tell you why.)

For example..

""President Donald Trump met with Brian Krzanich, the chief executive of U.S.-based technology company Intel, on Wednesday to announce a $7 billion investment in an advanced computer chip factory in Chandler, Arizona.

Speaking from the president's side in the Oval Office, Krzanich said that the facility, called Fab 42, would employ 3,000 people at its peak and indirectly create 10,000 jobs in the Arizona area in support of the factory.""

Full Story w/Photo: www.chicagotribune.com...

I'm glad this high-tech factory will be in ARIZONA, instead of Silicon Valley in "anti-Trump" California. Hopefully President Trump had something to do with that too!

-CareWeMust

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Here is another source with some controversy around it. Your source is pay-walled. Grrrrr.

www.washingtonpost.com... 9727acf

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

This is great news. Hats off to both Trump and Intel.

But I imagine there will be those that poo poo this and want the former president to take the credit for this.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Here is another source with some controversy around it. Your source is pay-walled. Grrrrr.

www.washingtonpost.com... 9727acf

It's weird how I can click on the Google search link and get to the Chicago Tribune article, and even click on my link in the O.P. with no problem. I'm not a subscriber to the Tribune. Lot of tricky crap being employed by these newspapers, as they go down the toilet. WSJ is like that too.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well that's interesting.

“This would have happened anyway. This was always part of their plan,” said Jim McGregor, an analyst at Tirias Research in Phoenix. “But obviously the current administration and Intel are going to try to get some political gain out of it.”

McGregor said the announcement was a positive sign for Intel, but not a significant change in strategy or policy. He described Intel and other chipmakers as having a rotation cycle, in which they periodically update, build and shutter facilities.

The Chandler facility has featured prominently in American politics before. A company executive originally announced the factory in February 2011, after giving a tour of Intel’s Hilsboro, Ore. plant to then-president Barack Obama.

In Jan. 2012, Obama visited the Chandler construction site on a tour of potential swing states in the election later that year, using it as a backdrop for a speech in which he talked about a vision for an economy built on American manufacturing.

“When this factory is finished, Intel will employ around 1,000 men and women,” Obama said. “As an American, I’m proud of companies like Intel, who create jobs here.”

In 2014, Intel announced it would postpone the facility's opening amid decreased global demand for its products, the Oregonian reported at the time. For years, the factory has stood as an empty shell while Intel focused on other facilities.

So they announced this factory before with Obama and then put off building it because of a decrease in global demand and now they're announcing it a second time with Trump? Well, let's hope they build it this time.

To answer the OP's question — no, the location in Arizona didn't have anything to do with Trump or Silicon Valley being "anti-Trump."

For that matter, it's pretty clear this would have been built if the demand for Intel processors was up, regardless of whether or not Trump was elected.

But whatever, let's give Trump more credit for doing nothing to bring about something that hasn't happened yet! YAY!
edit on 2017-2-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Could also be ad blocker.

Someone is bound to bring it up so I will now. From the WaPo source above.

“This would have happened anyway. This was always part of their plan,” said Jim McGregor, an analyst at Tirias Research in Phoenix. “But obviously the current administration and Intel are going to try to get some political gain out of it.”

Earlier last year Intel announced a new strategy for hardware releases. They will be putting out newer chips more frequently.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

More great news. MAGA is definitely catching wind. Are you tired of winning yet?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

It's weird how I can click on the Google search link and get to the Chicago Tribune article, and even click on my link in the O.P. with no problem. I'm not a subscriber to the Tribune. Lot of tricky crap being employed by these newspapers, as they go down the toilet. WSJ is like that too.

Most of them give you a set amount of article views free per month. JinMI probably hit his limit.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

See my post after yours.

McGregor conveniently left this part out.

In March 2016 in a Form 10-K report, Intel announced that it had deprecated the Tick-Tock cycle in favor of a three-step "process-architecture-optimization" model, under which three generations of processors will be produced with a single manufacturing process, adding an extra phase for each with a focus on optimization.

en.wikipedia.org...

So yes, while this may have been in the works already, I would contest the exact placement of the factory based upon McGregors theory alone.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's kinda like saying "Thanks Obama" when you wreck your bike but the opposite. Now, whenever good things happen that are totally unrelated to the administration, we should say "Thanks Trump".

Like later tonight, after my date when I'll be all alone, I'll finally be able to pass some gas. And I'll say "Thanks Trump".

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So they announced this factory before with Obama and then put off building it because of a decrease in global demand and now they're announcing it a second time with Trump? Well, let's hope they build it this time.

Increase in demand because of change in presidents?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
They've been building that plant for years. It's huge. The cranes they use for the tilt-ups are huge. This isn't something new

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

www.bloomberg.com...

Apple has chosen Intel modem chips for the iPhone used on AT&T Inc.’s U.S. network and some other versions of the smartphone for overseas markets, said people familiar with the matter. IPhones on Verizon Communications Inc.’s network will stick with parts from Qualcomm, which is the only provider of the main communications component of current versions of Apple’s flagship product.

They are gaining more market.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Actually, here is a much more comprehensive article.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Wow, I wouldn't have believed they would be doing this. Other than a few larger manufacturers in California, there aren't many large companies that do that here in America anymore. Almost everything comes from China.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
You right wingers do realize that a $7 billion investment from a corporation does not happen because of a chat that the CEO has with a president.

This has been studied for several years by Intel and thanks to the rebound of the economy created by OBAMA, not Trump, it allowed for this investment to happen.

Thank you president Obama.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Funny, I don't see the economy mentioned in any of the articles.

From everything I've read it was a move made by Intel and their new market in smaller devices.

Does the fact that he made this announcement from the oval office resonate at all?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Can you please put links in so we all can verify the statements?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
You right wingers do realize that a $7 billion investment from a corporation does not happen because of a chat that the CEO has with a president.

This has been studied for several years by Intel and thanks to the rebound of the economy created by OBAMA, not Trump, it allowed for this investment to happen.

Thank you president Obama.

Since you attribute this recent economic surge to the Obama Admin I am sure you will have no problem at all pointing to which policies are responsible for it so that we can read up on it and marvel at his sheer economic brilliance, right?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I would counter that a lot of American companies have plans in place to create plants to produce product...

Now, with a new President, that embraces American produced products, it should be no surprise that we have a swift shift to invent, create, produce in America...

Globalists cringe.. as Americans Rejoice...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join