It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Those Better than the Rest of Us

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Now look, I know that I sound like a grumpy gus on ATS lately. I assure you I have a happy life and love the community we have here.

But unfortunately, I have complain about another thing I have been running into.

Both on and off ATS, I have been running in to people that just are flat out better than everyone else. Some of them want you to know how bad you are for owning property, or for not helping out the needy enough, and some of them are so much better that they are almost not human, they lament how humanity has let them down and they will stay above it all and what humanity fails.

Well, I would just like to tell these people that you are everything you claim to hate. You rail against the rich but what you don't understand that both you and the rich are greedy, just for different things. See the rich you complain about are greedy form physical wealth, but you are greedy for a new currency, self grandiosity.

Much as a rich man may flaunt his new car in front of people, you flaunt your superior ethics. "Well, I don't believe in any borders!" I bet you type that as your sipping on you 5 dollar Starbucks Cappuccino feeling good because 3 cents of your beverage went to help some South American farmer. You are on your smart phone that was probably assembled by impoverished people in Asia, feeling smug about yourself as you step over some homeless guy asking for change.

Whats worse is that most of your great humanitarian achievements aren't even things you have done, but things you have THOUGHT about doing. "Well I WOULD take in a refugee, so I am a great person!" What kind of narcissists applauds themselves for thinking of good deeds that they could do in the future? But you KNOW that you are better than all of us savages that are concerned with things such as the protection of our country.

And maybe some of you are thinking that this doesn't refer to you, because you are the one person that does all of these things, and you don't think you are better than everyone. Well, to the person thinking that, this is especially for you!

So here is some advice for all of you. If you do a good deed so that you can tell everyone about it, that doesn't make you a good person. If you believe that there should be no borders, you aren't better than all of us, you are an idealist that refuses to engage in reality.

And I know what you are thinking. You are thinking that I think I am better than you. I do not though. I realize that we are all humans and we are all conceited to a certain extent, and none of us is morally superior. I am not better than you, in fact knowing all the crappy things I have done in my life, I am probably worse than you.

But I will tell you one things; I am damn sure less annoying than you.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I always tell people not to inflict their world view on the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If you don't pay attention it doesn't bother you at all.
Life is good.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Here, here old man. If you take away peoples possessions one would tend to think everyone would really be equal. That is not the truth. People are not their possessions. People are their thoughts and actions. Good OP.
edit on 9-2-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hit the nail on my thoughts lately. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Good post Grambler.

I would like to propose a social experiment. Pull the plug on social media for one month. See where the line truly is without the facade.

Funny story, my cousin just bought a new house. A little fixer upper but a nice place. Put new locks, windows, garage door, fence with keypad entry around the whole place. Window bars on the lower floors etc. Posted it all as he went through it. Proceeds today with a meme on how much he hates the idea of walls.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

When my personal assistant read your Original Post to me I whole heartedly agreed with what you wrote.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

But. . . you see. . . . I am better because I care more. As an enlightened person, I see more than you possibly could. I see beyond your base needs and wants.
And because of that, AS a morally superior person, I have a right to dictate what is right. Even if it goes against what you believe, because what you believe is wrong and you need to re-educate yourself or have one of us re-educate for you.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I call them professional-victims.

I pity the constantly-offended-by-others'-opinions fools.

If they made any resemblance of sense, I'd take them seriously.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Ignore DBschulby who just posted, I'm gonna have my PA punch his PA in the neck.

edit on 9-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I love cheese pizza

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ignore DBschulby who just posted, I'm gonna have my PA punch his PA in the neck.

That will bring about an angry meme.

You don't want to go there.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Well I heard he has a fence around his house, so he his Hitler.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I was worried you were gonna protest me, I'm not scared of memes. Unless it's that one with you, the donkey and a length of garden hose.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I'd only be like Hitler if I were someone who looked down on people and proclaimed myself as an elitist-. . . . . . oh crap.
edit on 9-2-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Whats worse is that most of your great humanitarian achievements aren't even things you have done, but things you have THOUGHT about doing.

Wow. That was particularly powerful.

It needed to be said. Thanks for saying it.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I was worried you were gonna protest me, I'm not scared of memes. Unless it's that one with you, the donkey and a length of garden hose.

Madonna made me give that meme back to her estate.

The only meme I have left is of a duck eating a piece of bread.

(I need a better lawyer)

As for protesting you, you're on the list. . .right after I get done with Ben Affleck as Batman.
edit on 9-2-2017 by DBCowboy because: duck, not that other thing you were thinking of.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

As for protesting you, you're on the list. . .right after I get done with Ben Affleck as Batman.

I'm surprised his giant horse head fit in the mask.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

How dare you!...I dont step over the homeless guy!

I move to the other side of the street!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

He has a fence around his cat box, but it doesn't improve the neighborhood.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join